120 phrases of feelings and emotions (of love and passion)
Emotions and feelings are often confused. In fact, they are two concepts that are related, and can even be used indifferently. For example, someone may say that they feel fear, but refer to fear as an emotion.
Sentences of feelings and emotions that will excite you
While emotions are psychophysiological, biological and mental state expressions caused by adaptation to certain stimuli, feelings are the result of these emotions, is what we feel.
Along the history, Many authors (poets, writers, etc.) have been inspired by emotions and what people feel . Because. In this article we will review the best quotes about these two concepts.
1. Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a gift and not giving it
William Arthur Ward . Gratitude is the greatest gift we can give to someone
2. I had never cared, "he continued. "Being lost, that is. I had always thought that it was not possible to get lost if you knew your own heart. But I'm afraid I might get lost if I do not know yours
A paragraph full of feeling. From the writer, Cassandra Clare .
3. One can find so many sorrows when the rain is falling
Rain usually affects our mood.
4. It is often enough for me to be with someone. I do not need to touch it. Do not even talk. A sensation happens between the two. I'm not alone
A great quote from the famous American actress, Marilyn Monroe .
5. Peace comes from feelings of satisfaction when one works with joy, one lives with hope, and one loves with abandonment.
Peace must be worked on, it is a decision we make.
6. The best and most beautiful things in the world can not be seen, not even touched. They must feel with the heart
What comes from the heart must be expressed in all its fullness.
7. People on a day-to-day basis tend to rub the surface of things and be polite and careful. That is not the language I speak. I like to talk about feelings, fears and memories, anguish and joy, and I find it in music
Singer, Shirley Manson , about superficial feelings
8. Love is friendship on fire
Friendship awakens good feelings in us.
9. Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings; always darker, emptier and simpler
Friedrich Nietzsche . The thoughts we have can not be understood without our feelings.
10. Positive feelings come from being honest with oneself and accepting your personality and physical characteristics, with all its faults; and for belonging to a family that accepts you without a doubt.
To generate positive feelings, one must accept oneself.
11. Love four letters that mark your destiny. Four letters that invite you to dream. Four letters that tell you that you are alive, although for many you are dead
Without a doubt, one of the experiences that generates greater feelings is love.
12. Feelings come and go like clouds in a windy sky. Conscious breathing is my anchor.
Teacher, Thich Nhat Hanh , about how breathing can help us control our emotions.
13. We live in deeds, not in years; in thoughts, not in breaths; in feelings, not in the figures of a dial. We must count the time by the heartbeats
Philip James Bailey A poetic quote is this great author.
14. Those who do not know how to cry with all their hearts, do not know how to laugh
Emotional people laugh and suffer equally.
15. When one has the feeling of disgust for evil, when one feels calm, one finds the pleasure of hearing good teachings, when one has those feelings and appreciates them, one is free from fear
One of the great teachings of the teacher, Buddha
16. It only looks good with the heart, because the essential is invisible to the eyes
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry . The feelings that come from the heart are the purest.
17. A true love travels to the other side of the world to be reunited with your loved one
The feelings of true love force you to cross the world if necessary.
18. I would never trust a man who does not cry, he would not be human
Norman Schwarzkopf . Sentimental people express what they feel.
19 When you live and explore loving one hundred percent, there are no unknown areas and, therefore, there is no fear
Curiosity can leave fear aside.
20. Is it really possible to tell someone else what it feels like?
Leo Tolstoy , the great Russian novelist, questions what a person can feel.
21. I leave the house where I was born, I leave the village I know, for a world I have not seen. I leave friends for strangers, I leave the shore by the sea, I finally leave everything I want well ... Who could not leave!
A poetic fragment that talks about leaving everything for someone.
22. Feelings are more dangerous than ideas, because they are not susceptible to rational evaluation. They grow in a low voice, spreading underground, and suddenly explode, everywhere
Brian Eno , philosophizing about reason and feelings.
23. In my garden there is room for feelings. My flower garden is also my garden of thoughts and dreams, thoughts grow as freely as flowers, and dreams are so beautiful
Abram L. Urban . Feelings influence our thoughts.
24. There is no feeling comparable to being in love with someone and being reciprocated
The feeling of love is the most intense and lasting feeling we can feel.
25. Feelings such as disappointment, shame, irritation, resentment, anger, jealousy and fear are not bad news, in reality they are very clear moments that show us what is preventing us from moving forward
Pema Chodron . Negative feelings are opportunities for growth.
26. Listen to your emotions, do not ignore them, and try to express them through the appropriate channels, otherwise they will hurt you
Emotions send us a message that we must decipher.
27. The greatest happiness is to transform feelings into action
There is no point in feeling if we are not able to take action afterwards.
28. There are emotions that are biologically oriented and there are complex emotions that are saturated with thoughts and cognition
Jack Mayer , reflecting on the emotions and rationality of people.
29. If you do not love me, it does not matter; I can love for both
A phrase about feelings, with a touch of irony.
30. He who fears suffering, suffers from fear
A Chinese proverb that talks about suffering and fear.
31. In a kiss, you will know everything that I have kept quiet
The poet, Pablo Neruda, gives us these words full of feeling.
32. You may feel frustrated if you fail, but you will feel useless if you do not try
If we do not pursue our feelings, we may feel frustrated.
33. A prerequisite for empathy is simply paying attention that pain passes
A famous quote from, Daniel Goleman, the emotional intelligence expert.
34. Consider the rights of others before their own feelings, and the feelings of others before their own rights
An elaborate phrase but full of feeling.
35. Love has no cure, but it is the only cure for all ills
Leonard Cohen . Love invites us to feel, but if we do not accept, we suffer.
36. Love knows no barriers; jump obstacles, fences and penetrate walls to reach your destination full of hope
Maya Angelou . Love and feelings generate invite us to hope.
37 A kiss is worth a thousand words when there is love
A kiss, like a hug, transmit feelings.
38. Life can be wonderful if we complete the sentence with the loved one
Life is precious if we are with that person we love.
39. Kissing is one of the great pleasures of life
A kiss is an experience full of feeling.
40. If when I love I am happy, then you are my happiness
In love it is possible to find happiness.
41. There is no instinct like the instinct of the heart
Lord Byron . The heart is full of instinctive feelings.
42. Be aware that you are creating at this moment. You are creating your next moment based on what you feel and think. That is what is real
The present experience is what allows us to enjoy our feelings.
43. I love you more than my own skin
Frida Kahlo , expressing that it is possible to love others more than oneself.
44. The kisses, even if they are on the air, are beautiful
drew Barrymore , about the greatness of kisses.
45. Staying locked in the same toxic emotion will not allow us to continue living, learn and improve as people
A great quote from the book of psychology, "Emociones tóxicas", by Bernardo Stamateas.
46. If we can laugh at ourselves, we can take advantage of shame
The British poet. Alexander Pope , in reference to laugh at our shortcomings to grow as people.
47. The heart has eyes of which the brain knows nothing
Charles Henry Parkhurst , talking about how the heart has reasons that the brain does not know.
48. When you choose to accept instead of demanding change, when you choose to support rather than criticize, when you choose love instead of pain, then something inside you gets up and celebrates
If we stop immersing ourselves in negative thoughts we can achieve greater successes.
49. But feelings can not be ignored, no matter how unfair or ungrateful they seem to us
A phrase taken from "The Diary of Anna Frank".
50. But the smiles and the tears are so similar to me, that they are neither of them limited to any particular feeling: I often cry when I'm happy and smile when I'm sad.
The British novelist, Anne Brontë , about how fast emotions can change.
51. A feeling is no longer the same when it comes a second time. He dies through the awareness of his return.We become tired and weary of our feelings when they come too often and last too long
The Swiss philosopher and writer, Pascal Mercier , about emotional fatigue.
52. Loneliness and the feeling of being rejected is the most terrible poverty
Mother Teresa of Calcutta . There is no worse feeling than that of loneliness and rejection.
53. Let's not forget that small emotions are the great captains of our lives and we obey them without realizing
Vincent van Gogh . Emotions and feelings decide when making decisions.
54. The nervous system and hormonal responses of hostile people are a path to disease and death
A curious prayer of Redford Williams .
55. One way to encourage our willpower and focus is to control our distractions instead of letting them control us
Daniel Goleman . Another great teaching of this psychologist.
56. Out-of-control emotions can turn smart people into stupid
Emotions, without a doubt, can influence our behavior.
57. People with good moods are better at inductive reasoning and creative problem solving
Peter Salovey , another of the authors reference in the subject of emotional intelligence, explains how positive feelings help us to move forward.
58. When consciousness is brought to emotion, power is brought to your life
We must be aware of what we feel, because it is the key to emotional regulation.
59. When we feel stressed, it is a sign that our brain is secreting stress hormones. If this is sustained for months or years, those hormones can worsen our health and make us a nervous wreck
Stress awakens negative feelings in us and affects our mood.
60. The course of true love never runs smoothly
William Shakespeare . True love does not stop, your feelings are always on the surface.
61. Watch your own emotions and never underestimate them
Two basic principles to improve our well-being and our interpersonal relationships
62. An emotion does not cause pain. The resistance or suppression of an emotion causes pain
Frederick Dodson , in reference to the repression of our feelings.
63. Without feelings of respect, what remains to distinguish men from beasts?
Respect is one of the great virtues of the human being.
64. Emotions are a critical source of information to learn
Emotions can imply a message that allows us to grow.
65. No one can do anything about feelings, they exist and there is no way to censor them. We can reproach ourselves for some kind of action, for a comment, but not for a feeling, simply because we have no control over it.
Emotions exist, however much we try to avoid them. The best option is to accept them.
66. We are dangerous when we are not aware of our responsibility for how we behave, think and feel
Emotional self-awareness is essential to relate to others, says Marshall B. Rosenberg .
67. The belief that we can count on shortcuts to happiness, joy, comfort and ecstasy, instead of being entitled to these feelings by the exercise of personal strengths and virtues, leads to legions of people who, in between of great wealth, they are spiritually hungry.
Money is not everything to be happy, explains the psychologist Martin Seligman .
68. If you spend your life economizing people's feelings and feeding their vanity, you get the inability to distinguish what should be respected in them
F. Scott Fitzgerald , give us this quote about feelings.
69. Poetry can make us, from time to time, a little more aware of the deeper, unidentified feelings that form the substratum of our being, to which we rarely penetrate; because our lives are mostly a constant evasion of ourselves
Poetry can be a good form of emotional self-knowledge.
70. Women rarely have enough employment to silence their feelings; a few careless or vain searches, wasting all the strength of the mind and organs. They become, naturally, only objects of the senses.
A quote from Mary Wollstonecraft that invites reflection.
71. If you want pure love. Then go where pure love resides. Pure love is the Soul. It is inside you and does not need interpretations.
John Roger . Authentic love comes from our soul.
72. Fanaticism destroys the feelings of humanity
The British historian, Edward Gibbon , talking about how the feelings associated with fanaticism destroy the coexistence between people.
73. What good is a philosopher who does not hurt anyone's feelings?
Good philosophy invites reflection.
74. Somehow our society has formed a unilateral view of the human personality, and for some reason everyone understands the giftedness and talent only applied to the intellect.But it is possible not only to have talent in one's thoughts, but also to have talent in feelings
Lev Vygotsky, in clear reference to human talent.
75. I learned to be with me instead of avoiding myself with restrictive habits; I started to become more aware of my feelings, instead of numbing them
When one accepts oneself, the perception of life changes.
76. He doubts that the stars are of fire, doubts that the sun moves. I doubt that the truth is a lie, but never doubt my love
The great British novelist, William Shakespeare , talk about the doubt in this appointment.
77. On any corner of the street, the sense of absurdity can affect any man in the face
Albert Camus . The feeling of making a fool of yourself can affect everyone.
78. We experience our thoughts and feelings as something separate from the rest. A kind of optical illusion of consciousness. This illusion is a kind of prison for us, which restricts us to our personal desires and affection for a few
We have to experience what we feel in a non-judgmental way.
79. But the rational mind usually does not decide what emotions "we should" have!
We feel what we feel, not what we want to feel.
80. People often say that love will heal the world. But that is not exactly true. It is love that heals the world. You love is action. Love is manifestation. Loving is movement. Loving is the conscience of giving
Love means moving. Share love
81. Sensitive people usually love deeply and hate deeply. They do not know any other way of living than by the extremes, because their emotional thermostat is broken
Sensitive people have their way of life.
80. You just have to ask how I feel, I mean. You just have to ask and I could tell you. But nobody does it
Not everyone pays attention to their emotions. They live in automatic pilótoco.
82. Although a high IQ is not a guarantee of prosperity, prestige or happiness in life, our schools and culture are obsessed with academic skills, ignoring the emotional intelligence that is also immensely important for our personal destiny.
Emotional intelligence is essential in the world in which we live.
83. You can manifest the life you really want with clear intention, emotional intelligence and imagination ... like it or not, your life is what you have chosen
We have to accept what we feel if we want to be happy.
84. My hope was that organizations would include this range of knowledge in their training programs - in other words, offer adult education in social and emotional intelligence
It is necessary that people receive emotional education.
85. Emotions can leave you on the road or leave you on the road
Mavis Mazhura . Emotional control is basic when we live surrounded by people.
86. Emotional intelligence, perfect oxymoron!
David Nicholls , stating that emotional intelligence is a contradiction.
87. There is no weakness in the ability to love fully. You have to have courage, tenacity and an emotional intelligence that most people are incapable of
In love, feelings must be expressed.
88. Emotional self-control delays gratification and stifles impulsivity, it is the real reason for the realization of all kinds
The control of emotions is a skill that allows you to grow as a person.
89. Fear, in evolution, has a special importance: perhaps more than any other emotion, it is crucial for survival
Feeling fear is normal and has been key to our evolution.
90. A large part of intellectual intelligence depends on emotional intelligence
Michael Gurian , in reference to emotional intelligence and intellectual intelligence.
91. Feelings are not supposed to be logical. Dangerous is the man who has rationalized his emotions
David Borenstein . Emotions exist, so it is not good to fight with them
92. For a certain time one can be cheerful inside, but in the long run joy should be shared by two.
The Norwegian playwright, Henrik Ibsen , expressing that joy is better if it is shared with another person.
93. Half humanity laughs at the other half, but some have grace and others do not
Noel Clarasó . A phrase about joy of this great author. with a touch of irony
94. Hatred does not diminish with hatred. Hate decreases with love
Another of the great teachings of Buddha. To enjoy more Buddhist phrases, click here.
95. An ounce of joy is worth a pound of sadness
Richard Baxter , give us this quote about joy.
96. The joy that comes from good is serious, while that which is born of evil is accompanied by laughter and ridicule
Joy should not be forced, it must come from within oneself.
97. Do not hate yourself while being underestimated. He does not hate himself more than an equal or a superior
Friedrich Nietzsche . If we hate it, it is because we feel inferior.
98. Hate is a waste of the heart, and the heart is our greatest treasure
Hate, we do not do ourselves any favors, but just the opposite
99Do not let the sun die without your grudges having died
Mahatma Gandhi. Resentment should not be part of our life.
100. Difference breeds hatred
We must feel the same to be happy.
101. Hope is a happiness in itself, and the greatest that the world can give us
A phrase about hope, pronounced by Samuel Johnson .
102. The hope of an eternal and incomprehensible happiness in another world, is something that also brings with it the constant pleasure
Keep waiting is, in the long run, comfortable.
103. No matter how long the storm is, the sun always shines again in the clouds
We can go through bad times that affect our feelings, but we have to have hope. Better times will come.
104. Be the flame, not the moth
This sentence of Giacomo Casanova It reminds us of the power of charisma in personal relationships.
105. Believe with all your heart that you are destined to live a life of passion, purpose, magic and miracles
Roy T. Bennett offers this formula to motivate ourselves to improve our quality of life.
106. The weak can not forgive, forgiveness is an attitude of the strong
Another reflection of Gandhi, in this case about empathy and forgiveness.
107. If you do not trust yourself, you lose twice in the race of life
Marcus Garvey It encourages us to believe in our possibilities.
108. Let the beauty of what you love be what you are
This is one of the phrases of feelings and emotions of the mystic Rumi , known for his inspiring aphorisms.
109. Rare is true love ... true friendship is rarer still
Jean de la Fontaine believes that true friendship is a treasure, for good and for bad.
110. The dog is the only being that loves you more than yourself
It is worth not forgetting the affection that these animals can have for us.
111. A flower can not open without the rays of the sun, and man can not live without love
Max Muller talks about love as if it were a substance we need to exist.
112. What we love tells us who we are
Saint Thomas of Aquino Talk about how our passions reveal things about our identity.
113. I am in you and you are in me, mutual divine love
One of the most remembered and famous phrases of William Blake.
114. A friend is what the heart needs all the time
Henry Van Dyke He points out that among our most essential needs is the company of a friend.
115. Jealousy is simply love and hate at the same time
The Canadian musician Drake Talk about the nature of jealousy.
116. Dispassionate objectivity is in itself a passion, for the truth and the real
A phrase of the humanist researcher Abraham Maslow.
117. If you love life, she will love you
Arthur Rubinstein offers this optimistic view of existence.
118. If your heart is a volcano, how do you expect flowers to sprout?
A witty comparison of Khalil Gibran .
119. Passion is momentary, love lasts
John Wooden offers this simple distinction between two of the most important human feelings.
120. The passion for destruction is also a creative passion
One of the phrases that reflect the revolutionary mentality of Mikhail Bakunin .