23 signs that you have a 'toxic relationship' of a couple
Relationships are almost always complicated . In the psychological consultation, mental health professionals often see cases of couples who get along, to the point of reaching significant levels of stress and discomfort.
Today we will talk about the toxic couple relationships : those relationships in which at least one member of the relationship has totally inappropriate behaviors and attitudes, which may amount to a situation of psychological and emotional vulnerability for the other person.
Toxic relationships: boyfriends and girlfriends that make life miserable
Be careful, because although there is love (or something that resembles it), there are couples in which there are really dangerous dynamics, and that can border on psychological abuse .
You can know more in this article: "The 30 signs of psychological abuse in a relationship"
The cases of toxic relationships can be more or less severe, and In today's article we have tried to detect and describe a total of twenty-three signals that a relationship may be going too badly. Certain situations and circumstances may be more prone to these "differences" between the members of the couple.
The 23 signs that your relationship is toxic
On many occasions, people who are immersed in toxic love relationships are not able to realize that they are living situations of abuse. The love we feel towards that person can obscure our judgment and we can tend to forgive anything . It is very common that this type of toxic attitudes are "normalized" by the victim.
And even though family and friends may warn us that some of the things we are enduring are simply not welcome, we can continue to be blindfolded. This article wants to contribute so that people who are in a relationship or marriage of these characteristics can improve their situation.It may interest you: "Infidelity in relationships"
We go there with the 23 signs that your partner is toxic:
Control and lattice attitudes
1. It bothers you to spend time with your friends or family.
2. Control your personal expenses, take unnecessary control over your bank accounts, or ask for explanations about your bills.
3. Research your social networks and your mobile phone.
4. Constantly ask about your schedules and plan your life without asking your opinion.
5. When he does you a favor, he demands that you immediately compete.
6. It belittles you and makes you understand that without him / her you would not be anyone and you could not move on.
7. In family meetings or with friends, you avoid giving your opinion about something for fear of being reprimanded or questioned again.
8. It is usual to use emotional blackmail with you: if you do not do what he / she wants, you get angry.
9. Notes that every time you spend time with someone of the opposite sex, your partner becomes excessively upset and jealous, forcing you not to see that person anymore.
10. Treat you with an excess of paternalism.
Attitudes of disrespect and conflict
11. Mess with your way of dressing, try to influence in bad ways to change your style, and so on.
12. Do your best to downplay your merits and virtues.
13. It minimizes the problems that you express, minimizing them and saying phrases like "that's not so much", "do not complain about vice", etc.
14. When a discussion occurs, you always have to give in, because otherwise you can be days without speaking to you.
15. Blames you for problems you have in your work life or with other people outside the relationship.
16. It is always reminding you of all the mistakes and mistakes you made in the past.
17. You have stopped telling the couple problems to your family, friends and relatives because you know that if he / she finds out, he / she would ride in anger.
18. You avoid explaining problems or talking about certain issues with him / her because you know he would take it wrong.
19. He addresses you with demands and bad manners very frequently.
20. Make decisions that affect both without asking your opinion, and even without informing you.
Toxic attitudes in the sexual sphere
21. Notes that you have sex with him / her even though you do not feel like it, just to please his / her wishes or to avoid getting angry.
22. Blackmail or demand that you perform sexual practices that you do not like.
23. It compares you with other sexual partners from your past.
Watch out! We all have toxic attitudes at some point
We have been explaining all those attitudes and behaviors that can be a sign that your partner is toxic. But be careful, because It is very easy to see the failures in others and very difficult to do self-criticism .
Everyone, at some point in our lives, we can make mistakes and have one or more failures such as those described. Therefore, we must be careful when judging our partner. Only a toxic relationship will be one in which, on a regular basis, several of the aforementioned problems occur. Anyway, Sometimes the situation can be reconducible thanks to communication and good manners .
In other couples, it is possible that there is no going back and that the relationship is doomed to failure. It is the obligation of each person to carefully analyze the situation to know if it is worth trying to fix things.