40 Mandela phrases about peace and life
Today we bring you some of the best quotes from Nelson Mandela , a historical figure famous throughout the world for being the first black president elected by universal suffrage in South Africa and being a recognized activist and precursor of social equality.
In this sense, Nelson Mandela has also gone down in history through his struggle in this sector and the injustice in his native country. This activism and its incorruptible ethic caused him to be more than 27 years in prison in his country for the persecution he had towards some of the injustices that the military consensus of the government was taking at that time.
Nelson Mandela, a historian in the struggle for Human Rights
Further, It should be noted that one of his most recognizable events was to end the famous "apartheid" in his native country with the racist side he had had for a long time.
Unforgettable Nelson Mandela phrases
Without further ado, we start with the sentences of Nelson Mandela.
1. Let freedom reign. The sun never sets on such glorious human achievement
Freedom is a utopia that we should never stop pursuing.
2. The greatest glory is not falling, but getting up always
A phrase of self-improvement of the South African leader.
3. Unlike some politicians, I can admit an error
Modesty and humility were two values of Nelson Mandela.
4. Many people in this country have paid a price before me, and many will pay the price after me
He was fully aware that racism would not be resolved in a single generation.
5. There's nothing like going back to a place that does not seem to have changed to discover what things you've changed yourself
A famous quote that teaches us the constant change suffered by societies.
6. Let freedom reign, not politicians
A perfect society must be governed by more open standards,
7. There are many people who feel it is useless to continue talking about peace and non-violence against a government whose only response is savage attacks on a defenseless and unarmed people
Non-violence was one of the main struggles of the South African leader.
8. Poverty is not natural, it is created by man and can be overcome and eradicated through the actions of human beings. And eradicating poverty is not an act of charity, it is an act of justice
Do not assume that social misfortunes are inevitable. If you fight, we manage to reverse them.
9. Education is the most powerful weapon you can use to change the world
Training brings us closer to a more just world.
10. I have never considered a man as my superior, nor in my life outside, nor in prison
We are all equal, in rights and freedoms.
11. If you want to make peace with your enemy, you have to work with your enemy. Then he becomes your partner
The proximity and common goals can help any relationship come to the surface.
12. True leaders must be willing to sacrifice everything for the freedom of their people
It always seems impossible until you do it.
13. There can be no more intense revelation of the soul of a society than the way its children are treated.
A reflection that can leave you thinking.
14. If I had the time in my hands I would do the same again. The same as any man who dares to call himself a man
Let's make the most of the time we know, with determination and enthusiasm.
15. Sport has the power to transform the world. It has the power to inspire, to unite people like few other things. It has more capacity than governments to break down racial barriers
Have you seen the movie Invictus?
16. It is the duty of journalists to examine the conduct of public figures and expose them to the light
A real journalist publishes news that is annoying for power.
17. Live life as if no one were looking and expressing yourself as if everyone was listening
A maxim that can teach us to face life with great integrity.
18. Enemies are usually unknown people. If you know them, your opinion can change quickly
Another phrase that reminds us that hatred, mostly, is due to ignorance.
19. A man who takes away the freedom of another is a prisoner of hatred, is locked behind the bars of prejudice and narrow-mindedness
Hate only breeds more hatred.
20. Children are not only the future of society but the future of ideas
If we educate our children in values, the future is promising.
21. It is wise to persuade people to do things and make them think that it was their own idea.
Another phrase loaded with wisdom.
22. Everyone can overcome their circumstances and achieve success if they are dedicated and passionate about what they do
If you put effort and dedication, few things are impossible.
2. 3.I do not want to be presented in a way that omits the dark points of my life
Another sign of honesty and transparency.
24. Money will not create success, freedom will
Economic purposes do not transcend the material.
25. True leaders must be willing to sacrifice everything for the freedom of their people
We hope you enjoyed our new article and that you can be attentive to our next news.
26. I am not a saint, unless by "saint" you understand a sinner who keeps trying
A reflection of moral character that Mandela made about himself.
27. When we let our light shine, we subconsciously give others permission to do the same
A positive and constructive attitude is contagious.
28. Courage is not the absence of fear, it is inspiring others to see beyond
One of the phrases of Nelson Mandela that delve into the idea of courage, so necessary during the turbulent time that he lived.
29. Meet your enemy and learn about your favorite sport
A curious aphorism on psychological combat tactics.
30. I am the captain of my soul
Once again, Nelson Mandela emphasizes the idea of freedom .
31. When the water starts to boil it is absurd to stop heating it
This phrase refers to ideological and political revolutions.
32. There is nothing called "partial freedom"
Freedom is a matter of all or nothing, for this political reference and equality.
33. I'm not an optimist, but someone who believes a lot in hope
A phrase about the psychological background of Nelson Mandela in relation to social progress.
34. Let your courage grow with danger
Another of the interesting aphorisms that link the concept of courage as a product of effort.
35. A winner is a dreamer who never gives up
Willpower it is a component that Mandela always claimed.
36. The difficulties break some men but also create others
Interesting phrase about the destructive power and creator of difficulties.
37. The purpose of freedom is to create it for others
This phrase evokes that famous reflection of Voltaire on freedom.
38. I dream of an Africa that is at peace with itself
Mandela, talking about their political motivations .
39. In my country, first one goes to jail and then one becomes president
A phrase with a clear touch of irony, related to what Nelson Mandela lived.
40. That there is work, bread, water and salt for all
A simple desire honestly expressed as an objective of the policy promoted by Nelson Mandela.