75 phrases of happiness and joy to value life
In this article are compiled 55 short happiness phrases made to make us more likely to live happily every day .
Not only do they help to make us more optimistic, but many of them are, in addition, reflections from thinkers as important as Albert Einstein , Aristotle or Hellen Keller .
Happy and positive phrases for all tastes
Remember, in addition, that in this same web you can find other articles compilations of phrases, like the following ones:
- 120 short positive phrases to live the day to day with optimism
- 101 motivating phrases to focus on success
- 123 wise phrases to reflect on life
- 64 Buddhist phrases to find inner peace
- 75 philosophical phrases pronounced by great thinkers
75 happy phrases to be more positive
Let's get to know the best 75 famous quotes that speak of feelings of happiness and joy. You are ready?
1. Things are beautiful if you love them
A clearly optimistic point of view is glimpsed in this sentence of Jean Anouilh .
2. There is only one form of happiness in life: love and be loved
George Sand pronounces one of the frequent phrases of happiness related to love.
3. Those who want to sing always find a song
A Swedish proverb that also fits perfectly between the phrases of happiness belonging to popular culture.
4. When you are true to yourself in what you do, fascinating things happen
Deborah Norville it leaves us a reflection on the wonders that hide our daily realities.
5. Beauty is power, and a smile is your sword
An inspiring phrase of the English naturalist John Ray .
6. Happiness is the ultimate purpose of human existence
One of the first happiness phrases in history, in this case attributed to the father of philosophy in Europe, Aristotle .
7. Happiness is made to be shared
Pierre Corneille , about the fraternal part of happiness.
8. The purpose of our lives is to be happy
One of the most remembered phrases of Dalai Lama , is also one of the most popular phrases about happiness.
9. Life is either a great adventure or nothing
Hellen Keller , about the nature of life as something that has to be lived intensely.
10. The secret to having happiness is having something to do
John Burroughs , about the simplicity with which you can find what makes us happy.
11. You can be happy wherever you are
Joel Osteen he says that there are no excuses that are worth to voluntarily stay out of happiness
12. There is happiness in duty, although it may not seem so
Jose Marti it makes us see the good side of obligations and responsibilities.
13. Happiness is not something that is postponed, but something that is designed for the present
Jim Rohn It links the state of happiness with what we experience in the here and now.
14. The joy lies in the joy of achievement and in the emotion of the creative effort
Franklin D. Roosevelt gives one of those, in your opinion, is a key to happiness.
15. Every time a door to happiness closes, another door opens immediately
Another of the happy phrases of Hellen Keller better known, about the opportunities that come constantly.
16. Independence is happiness
Susan B. Anthony It relates the ability to choose freely with happiness.
17. Happiness appears when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony
One of the phrases of Gandhi which gives a very particular vision about what is joy and happiness.
18. The time you enjoy losing it is not wasted time
Marthe Troly-Curtin It gives us an excuse to keep doing what we like.
19. A table, a chair, a bowl of fruit and a violin. What else do you need to be happy?
One of the many positive phrases that he left Albert Einstein , going beyond the scope in which he was an expert.
20. No matter where you go: there you are
Confucius Leave one of the most powerful positive phrases.
21. Happiness is inside one, not next to someone
The movie legend, Marilyn Monroe , about happiness and romantic relationships
22. Today I have nothing to do except smile
Paul Simon leave this famous quote of happiness as simple as cheerful and inspiring.
23. Kind words, a warm book and an honest smile can work miracles
William Hazlitt , in one of those reflections that relate happiness with the small pleasures of everyday life.
24. The smile is a universal welcome
A way to see the usefulness of smiles, beyond borders. Appointment Max Eastman .
25. An optimist is the human embodiment of spring
One of the most poetic happiness phrases, in this case of Susan J. Bissonette .
26. Smile, it's a free therapy
Douglas Horton You can sin of reductionism by comparing smiles with a form of therapy, but the result is a worthwhile image.
27. Being an optimist does not hurt anyone. You can always cry
Lucimar Santos from Lima It gives one more reason to stay with a positive mindset.
28. Laughter is a poison for fear
George R. R. Martin see laughter from a somewhat martial point of view, but useful, in the end, to be more cheerful.
29. There is only one passion: the passion for happiness
The happiness embodied in the thought of Denis Diderot .
30. Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier
Colin Powell in a phrase of happiness that is also motivating.
31. The term "happiness" would lose all its meaning if it were not compensated by sadness
The referent of the psychodynamic school, Carl Jung, about the relationship between happiness and sadness.
32. I enjoy my life because things do not go as planned.
Rohit Pandita It makes us see with good face the apparent chaos of what happens in life.
33. Peace starts with a smile
Teresa of Calcutta It puts the focus on the individual when it comes to talking about happiness.
34. Astonishment awaits us on every corner
A way to relate what is exciting with what we are accustomed to, James Broughton .
35. Do not cry because it's over, smile because it came to pass
One of the classic happiness phrases of the famous architect of children's stories, the Dr. Seuss .
36. Live the life you love. Love the life you live
A very simple maxim of the legend of reggae Bob Marley .
37. The act of forgiving oneself is to be happy
Robert Louis Stevenson Believe that the feeling of well-being springs when we reconcile with ourselves.
38. Happiness is something that is practiced, like the violin
John Lubbock leaves this reflection in which happiness is portrayed as a project that has to be contributed every day.
39. Listen from time to time. It is fascinating what can be heard
Another of the happy phrases that speak of the emotion of discovery, this time of Russell Baker .
40. Love will never leave us alone
Another of the happiness quotes pronounced by the Jamaican singer Bob Marley , in this case related to love.
41. A joyful life is a unique creation that can not be copied from a recipe
Mihaly Csikszentmihaly , one of the references of positive psychology, proposes this reflection of happiness so that we learn to appreciate the unrepeatable character of our lives.
42. Love is that micro-moment of warmth and connection that we share with another living being
Barbara L. Fredrickson , about the little moments of happiness that we share in the moments in which we share an emotional bond with someone.
43. Happiness is not out there for us to find, and the reason for that is that it is within us
One of the happiness reflections pronounced by people who investigate in departments of psychology, in this case the American Sonja Lyubomirsky .
44. Happiness is the only thing that multiplies when it is shared
Albert Schweitzer , on the paradox of happiness and fraternal connections.
45. The difference between mystery and happiness depends on what we do with our attention
Sharon Salzberg , about the relationship between the way in which attention is managed and the way in which happy moments are experienced.
46. A crisis is something that is bad for wasting
A positive reflection of Paul Romer , about the potential that the crises contain.
47. Becoming is better than being
Carol S. Beck about the moments of enjoyment that personal growth contains.
48. No matter how old, there is always something good to overcome
Lynn Johnston gives one of the phrases of happiness that touch, also the theme of challenges as something that motivates us to move forward.
49. If one does not know to which port he sails, no wind is favorable
The philosopher Seneca leaves one of the most iconic reflections on the way in which the lack of happiness can be, in part, sought after.
50. Being completely honest with yourself is a good exercise
One of the phrases of happiness pronounced by Sigmund Freud, the father of psychoanalysis.
51. The happiness of our lives depends on the quality of our thoughts
A phrase attributed to Marco Aurelio . It relates the idea of happiness with the mentality with which we interpret the world.
52. Happiness can not be obtained by wanting to be happy. It must appear as an unintended consequence of pursuing a goal greater than oneself
One of the famous quotes of happiness of Viktor Frankl, in which his humanistic approach is noted.
53. Today is the first day of the rest of your life
A famous quote from Abbie Hoffman , about the new beginnings.
54. Action is the fundamental vessel of success
A quote from the painter Pablo Picasso , related to happiness but also to personal improvement.
55Unhappiness is defined as the difference between our talents and our expectations
The psychologist Edward de Bono He talks about the nature of unhappiness, showing one of the keys to not falling into it.
56. Work hard, be nice and amazing things will happen
A recommendation from Conan O'Brien
57. With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts
This optimistic reflection is by Eleanor Roosevelt.
58. What is beautiful never dies
One of the phrases of happiness and beauty of Thomas Bailey Aldrich.
59. Flowers grow from the darkest moments
The artist and educator Corita Kent reflects about our capacity for improvement and resilience .
60. Happiness is not something that is already done, it emanates from our own actions
The Dalai Lama reflects on the nature of authentic happiness.
61. Many times, happiness slips through a door that you did not know you left open
John Barrymore points out the unexpected some accidents that do not produce joy .
62. No one can hurt me without my permission
One of the most quoted phrases of Mahatma Gandhi.
63. From time to time it is good to stop the pursuit of happiness and simply be happy
Guillaume Apollinaire talks about how good we can find in the simple of the present.
64. If you can imagine it, you can do it
A hopeful reflection of Walt Disney that speaks to us about human potential .
65. Remember that the happiest people are not the ones who earn more, but the ones who give more
H. Jackson Brown Jr. links happiness with solidarity and empathy.
66. There is no one happier than who is truly grateful
Joyce Meyer talks about happiness related to those moments of luck
67. When we are more alive is when we fall in love
A reflection of John Updike about the euphoria that you feel in love.
68. Everything you can imagine is real
Another of the phrases about the blurred boundaries of the potential that we carry inside.
69. Joy is the simplest form of gratitude
A demonstration of happiness can be a way to reciprocate the help of others.
70. The therapy that heals most is friendship and love
The humane treatment and empathy, added to a shared time, they are basic ingredients of happiness .
71. A friend is what the heart constantly needs
Henry van Dyke points out one of the primary sources of happiness and well-being.
72. Moving on is a simple act, what is left behind is how hard
Musician Dave Mustaine speaks in these terms of resilience.
73. Silence is a great source of strength
This reflection of Lao Tzu points out one of the corners of our life from which we can extract energy to be happy.
74. Great works are not made by force but by perseverance
A phrase by Samuel Johnson about what makes big projects a reality .
75. Happiness is only real when shared
A nice reflection of Christopher McCandless.