78 phrases of hope to overcome the bad moments
This selection of phrases of hope are a reminder that you can keep control of yourself even at times when everything seems to go wrong.
Quotes of hope to cheer up in difficult times
We all go through difficult times, but we differentiate in our way of managing our feelings in those situations. Some people fall into a pessimism and a sadness so intense that this becomes the center of their lives, making them live only for her.
- Related article: "120 short positive phrases to live your day with optimism"
- And you may also be interested: "123 wise phrases to reflect on life"
These phrases of hope and resilience can be combined with the help of friends, family members and, in some cases, therapists , to make bad times more bearable.
1. Hope is the ability to see that there is light despite all darkness (Desmond Tutu)
Hope can be seen as a useful tool.
2. The future always starts now (Mark Strand)
Each day gives us the opportunity to find reasons to feel motivated.
3. Memories are the key not of the past, but of the future (Corrie Ten Boom)
To lose oneself in melancholy when remembering the past supposes to forget the possibilities that his teachings offer us to cross the bad moments.
4. Life has a dark side and another that is bright, and it depends on us to choose the one that we like the most (Samuel Smiles)
To move forward, we must get out of the vicious circle of thoughts of sadness.
5. The first step is to say that you can (Will Smith)
When everything seems to go against us, relying on our own abilities is, in itself, the first step to get out of the bad gulp.
6. Let your hopes, and not your wounds, shape your future (Robert H. Schuller)
Knowing how to regulate our focus of attention helps us improve our quality of life.
7. Believe you can and you'll have already walked halfway (Theodore Roosevelt)
One of those phrases of hope that emphasize the importance of the change of mentality that makes us explore our possibilities.
8. Hard moments never last long, but hard people do (Robert H. Schuller)
Making our actions speak for us when it comes to overcoming adversity is also a way of looking for motivation to manage bitter situations.
9. Do not be discouraged, many times it is the last key of the pile that opens the door (Anonymous)
A very graphic way of conceiving the concept of what hope is.
10. Once you have chosen hope, everything is possible (Christopher Reeve)
A way of thinking can expand the options that are presented to us.
11. The challenges of life are not made to paralyze you, but to help you discover who you are (Bernice Johnston Reagon)
A constructive way to see the problems that appear in our path.
12. Although no one can go back and have a new beginning, everyone can start now and have a new ending (Carl Bard)
Our capacity to live worse or better our life always exists in the present.
13. Everything that is done in the world is realized through hope (Martin Luther)
Hope can be indispensable as an engine of change.
14. There are much better things ahead of us than those we have left behind (C. S. Lewis)
Our way of experiencing the good things that come is always better than remembering the pleasant experiences of the past.
15. Maybe you must first know the darkness so you can appreciate the light (Madeleine L'Engle)
The good side of difficult experiences, expressed in the form of a phrase about hope.
16. Sometimes happiness can be the source of your smile, but your smile can also be the source of your happiness (Thich Nhat Hanh)
Changing our way of acting can make us see a more hopeful future.
17. You are never too old to set a new goal (C. S. Lewis)
Setting goals is a good way to get out of unpleasant experiences without realizing it, and that is a strategy in which age does not matter.
18. Hope is a talent like any other (Storm Jameson)
Knowing how to think positive is, in itself, a virtue, according to this writer.
19. If I'm persistent enough, I'll win (Og Mandino)
The persistence to continue aspiring to goals through effort brings us closer to our goals.
20. Problems are not stop signs, they are guidelines for guidance (Robert H. Schuller)
The difficulties are, in themselves, information that helps us manage them.
21. In the middle of the difficulty lies the opportunity (Albert Einstein)
In times of adversity there is the possibility of taking out aspects that benefit us.
22. If it were not for hope, our hearts would break (Thomas Fuller)
Hope is a constant in our lives, even when it seems that we do not need it.
2. 3.Light the morning with the present (Elizabeth Barret t Browning)
The here and now always contains elements to look to the future with optimism.
24. The best is yet to come (Robert Browning)
The future reserves experiences that, because unexpected are always more rewarding than memories.
25. It always seems impossible until it is done (Nelson Mandela)
Hope is also based on knowing that many things that seem impossible can happen.
26. No act of kindness, no matter how small, is wasted (Aesop)
The acts that we perceive as good are, in themselves, moments of happiness.
27. Do not let what you can not do interfere with what you can do (John Wooden)
The most important thing is to focus on the potential of our actions, not on what seems impossible.
28. When you believe that everything is lost, the future remains (Bob Goddard)
The existence of a tomorrow always offers opportunities for change for the better.
29. Sometimes the hardest thing is not to let go but to learn to start over (Nicole Sobon)
To assume that part of the problems we face in difficult times have to do with the blockage when it comes to rebuilding our lives is part of the progress we can make.
30. If you carry joy in your heart, you can heal it at any time (Carlos Santana)
Optimism and joy are ingredients to improve our lives.
31. Time takes all the pain (Erasmus of Rotterdam)
Many times, the simple passage of time makes the sadness fade before we have realized it.
32. We may not be able to control what happens to us, but we can control what happens inside us (Benjamin Franklin)
Knowing how to manage our emotions is one of the most important aspects of life.
33. Optimism is faith that leads to achievement (Helen Keller)
Hope is part of what moves us forward.
34. Hope is a risk that must be taken (Tertullian)
Believing in the possibilities of progress may seem dangerous but it always facilitates changes for the better.
35. Better to travel full of hope than to arrive (Japanese proverb)
The experience of advancing towards a better future is in itself a good thing according to this sample of popular wisdom.
36. Even the rocks pull forward (Anthony Liccione)
Everyone has the ability to move constantly.
37. Forget what hurt you but never forget what he taught you (Anonymous)
Of the bad lessons are also drawn to apply in the future.
38. Point towards the moon, and if you fail you will be among the stars (Les Brown)
Setting objectives and aspiring to improve is always good, even if the results are not as expected.
39. It's never too late to transform into what you could have been (George Elliot)
Personal transformation is a possibility that is always there.
40. With self-discipline almost anything is possible (Theodore Roosevelt)
Determination and resilience make us achieve impressive things.
41. A large tree can grow from a small seed (Aeschylus)
Potentiality can arise from the most insignificant sources.
42 If the sky falls, one should aspire to catch larks (François Rabelais)
In the most catastrophic situations the ability to make sense of our lives can be preserved.
43. There is nothing impossible for those who try (Alexander the Great)
One of the phrases of hope with a more literal interpretation.
44. Your great opportunity may be right where you are now (Napoleon Hill)
The opportunity for change does not even depend on the time : it may appear in what we are doing.
45. If I knew that the world ends tomorrow, today I would plant a tree (Martin Luther King)
At any time you can plan projects, as they keep us active and running.
46. Your heart is full of fertile seeds waiting to germinate (Morihei Ueshiba)
All people carry with them the possibility of creating situations linked to happiness.
47. The power of imagination makes us infinite (John Muir)
Part of our lives is expressed through imagination and its absence of borders.
48. Miracles are born from difficulties (Jean de la Bruyere)
A phrase similar to Einstein's, also in this one emphasizes the potentialities that await in difficult situations.
49. It is always the simple that produces the marvelous (Amelia Barr)
In the most humble conditions the change for the better appears.
50. Hope smiles from the threshold of the year and then whispers: "It will be better" (Alfred Lord Tennyson)
One of the best phrases to not lose hope.
51. No matter where you are on your way, that's where you should be; the end is always ahead (Oprah Winfrey)
It is not worth regretting for the present if it does not serve to improve our well-being.
52. There is alchemy in pain; can become wisdom (Pearl S. Buck)
In moments of bitterness there are possibilities to learn things that few people know.
53. Your interior is full of dreams without form and new beginnings (Lola Ridge)
An appointment similar to others in which we talk about our ability to resilience and personal development.
54. The birds of hope are everywhere, stop and listen to their song (Terri Guillemets)
Knowing how to manage our attention so that sadness does not keep it blocked is essential.
55. Only in the dark can you see the stars (Martin Luther King)
In the bad there are good aspects that can only be found there.
56. However long the storm is, the sun always shines again (Khalil Gibran)
Time makes the worst moments pass by; The question is how do we take advantage of time while that happens?
57. The best way out is always through (Robert Frost)
Crossing difficulties is in itself a way out of them.
58. Hope is the dream of the awakened man (Aristotle)
Hope allows us to act on the real world by following our objectives.
59. In adversity a person is saved by hope (Menander of Athens)
Hope is part of what keeps us in high spirits and with the ability to deal with the bad.
60. Whoever does not believe in miracles is not realistic (David Ben-Gurion)
Keeping in mind that everything can go better without our knowing how it has happened makes us more sensitive to the way in which reality works.
61. One lives with the hope of becoming a memory (Antonio Porchia)
Getting to leave a mark on others is something to which we aspire, but which we do not totally control.
62. Who lives of hope will die of hunger (Benjamin Franklin)
Hope has to be accompanied by facts.
63. A healthy attitude is contagious (Tom Stoppard)
In the face of adversity, transmitting trust can make things turn in our favor thanks to the influence we have on others.
64. Faith is to take the first step even when you do not see all the steps (Martin Luther King)
In the beginning, faith and hope are very important.
65. Do not be saddened by your failures, learn from them (Richard Branson)
You have to live defeats with a constructive attitude.
66. Optimism is the hope that leads to achievement (Hellen Keller)
Changing the mentality paves the way for us.
67. The more we wish to have good fortune, the less we deserve (Seneca)
Sometimes the simple act of believing in something means that we do not work to achieve it.
68. Courage is like love, to flourish needs hope (Napoleon)
To drive personal changes you have to have hope and willpower.
69. We must discover the difference between hope and expectation (Iván Illich)
To remain simply wanting something will keep us frozen on the site .
70. A small dose of hope is capable of causing the birth of love (Stendhal)
Something so simple to believe that the best can come is able to make us take the first steps to achieve it.
71. The journey of the hundreds of leagues begins with a step (Confucius)
The biggest projects start in very simple ways.
72. The two strongest warriors are patience and time (Leo Tolstoy)
Hope can make progress, over time, unstoppable.
73. To live without hope is to stop living (Fiodor Dostoyevsky)
We do not have to give up our dreams if we want to live with intensity.
74. All things are difficult before they become easy (Saadi)
The beginnings are, normally, the most complicated.
75. You can not have a positive life with a negative mind (Joyce Meyer)
Have a clear objective and expecting that it can be done gives us strength.
76. I am prepared for the worst, but I hope for the best (Benjamin Disraeli)
Sometimes it is good to keep expectations low to enjoy more with the achievements that are coming.
77. Patience is sour, but its fruit is sweet (Jean-Jacques Rousseau)
The prize for making an effort can make everything worthwhile.
78. There are many good things in this world, and it's worth fighting for them (J. R. R. Tolkien)
The seed of change already exists, and we can make it germinate.