84 phrases about humility and honesty
Humility is the ability of human beings to recognize their limitations and weaknesses and act with their feet on the ground, always respecting others.
This virtue, along with honesty, which is the ability to be honest with oneself and others, makes us become worthy of trust and respect. Who does not like to surround themselves with people like that?
Phrases about humility and honesty
Since these virtues make individuals great, in the following lines you can find a compilation of the best phrases about humility and honesty .
- Maybe you're interested: "Famous quotes that different psychologists have left us through years of study and reflection"
1. Honesty is as rare as a man who does not deceive himself
Sometimes it is not easy to find authentic and honest people, but when you succeed in the attempt, you must value it.
2. Forgiving others is not a sign of weakness, but of humility
We can believe that we are little to forgive others, but it is not so. Forgiving honors us.
3. A good repentance is the best medicine for diseases of the soul
Repenting is part of life. We all make mistakes, we must know how to recognize it.
4. Greatness does not consist of a prominent position, greatness belongs to the one who rejects that position
Despite being at the top, we must be humble.
5. When someone sings his own praises, he always has the tone too loud
A reflection that refers to self-important people.
6. There is something in humility that strangely exalts the heart
Being humble is one of the best virtues that human beings can possess.
7. To become big, you have to start by becoming small
One is not born a teacher. You have to go working the way to be an expert. One of the most inspiring phrases about humility.
8. You should not gloat over anything you have done; you should go ahead and find something better to do
We should not rest on our laurels if we do not want to stay stuck.
9. The great lesson of life is knowing that even fools are right sometimes
Being humble means being tolerant of the opinions of others.
- Related article: "The intolerant people share these 12 defects"
10. Humility is the solid foundation of all virtues
Confucius reminds us of the importance of being humble.
11. The best friend of truth is time, the greatest enemy prejudice and his constant companion humility
Charles Caleb Colton gives us a gift this beautiful phrase about truth and humility .
12. Too many people overestimate what they are not and underestimate what they are
Human beings can focus on our faults and put aside our virtues.
13. It was not until late in life that I discovered how easy it is to say "I do not know"
It is hard to recognize that we do not know everything, but we are honored to do so.
14. Do not talk about yourself, it will be done when you leave
You do not have to be cocky. If we do it well, others will remember us.
15. There are rarely great opportunities to help others, but the little ones surround us every day
We can make small gestures for others to make them happy , you do not always have to do big things.
16. Recognizing that we have made a mistake makes us great
The most honest people recognize that they are not always right.
17. Titles do not honor men, men honor titles
A title is useless if the person does not represent it as it should.
18. Humility consists in silencing our virtues and allowing others to discover them
We should not impose anything or pretend to like it. We must open our hearts.
19. The principles for living well include the ability to face problems with courage, disappointments with joy and achievements with humility
Life is not always easy, but you have to learn to accept failures and value good times.
20. Only the one who can do without the applause and the favor of the crowd is great
No need to seek recognition continuously. If we give the best of ourselves, it comes alone.
21. It is unwise to be too sure of one's wisdom
We must be humble even in our knowledge and intelligence.
22. A man does an immense good if he does not care who gets the credit
When someone does not seek recognition, acts from the heart .
23. It is much more impressive when others discover your good qualities without your help
We can talk a lot and not prove anything. We can also talk a little and demonstrate a lot.
24. Be humble when you go up to be lenient with you when you go down
If we are arrogant, we can suffer the consequences in the low hours.
25. Life is a great lesson in humility
Life teaches us every day that we must tread with our feet on the ground.
26. Be humble and listen to your ear
A way of saying that we should be humble and listen to others.
27. The instruments of good people are always the humble
One of our values must always be to be humble.
28. Everyone you know knows something that you do not know, learn from them
It is good to learn from other people and enrich our lives.
29. Real merit, like a river, the deeper it is, the less noise it makes
When one is humble, he does not brag about his triumphs . The others will recognize them alone.
30. "Thank you" is the best prayer anyone could say. Express extreme gratitude, humility and understanding
There are few virtues more beneficial to us than gratitude and humility.
31. Few are humble, because you need a self-esteem that few possess
High self-esteem helps us to behave with confidence. We do not need to pretend, because we are comfortable with who we are.
32. A man must be big enough to admit his mistakes, smart enough to take advantage of them and strong enough to correct them
Everyone, at some point in our lives, can make mistakes. But with humility and strength we can solve them.
33. Pride makes us artificial and humility makes us real
Humility helps us to show ourselves as we are. It makes us authentic .
34. Without humility there can be no humanity
Humility makes us good people. People that everyone would enjoy having by their side.
35. The man who thinks he can live without others is wrong; he who thinks that others can live without him is even more deluded
A phrase that talks about how we can be better.
36. Humility is making a correct estimate of oneself
Humility is touching with the feet on the ground, it is connecting with oneself.
37. The firm, is fighter, the simple and the modest are close to virtue
Confucius, with this phrase, reminds us of some of the best virtues of the human being.
38. Humility is attentive patience
If being patient is one of the best qualities that human beings can possess, so is humility.
39. Humility, that sweet root from which all the heavenly virtues grow
According to Thomas Moore, the supreme virtue of the human being is humility.
40. No one is bigger than those willing to be corrected
A reflection by William Safire, which invites us to think deeply about the greatness of people.
41. I always say "be humble but firm". Humility and openness are the key to success without compromising your beliefs
Do not leave aside the thoughts and opinions of oneself when one is humble.
42. It is good to remember that the entire population of the universe, with an insignificant exception, is made up of others
Relations with others are key to our well-being and, therefore, we must be humble.
43. People who put themselves above others will fall more and more strongly
The fall is much stronger when we try to be above others .
44. A true genius admits that he knows nothing
An intelligent person knows that he should not disrespect others or look over his shoulder.
45. When we are great in humility, we are closer to the great
If something makes us stand out from the others, it is when we are humble. A curious paradox.
46. Have the humility to learn from those around you
When we have our feet on the ground, we can observe and learn from others.
47. There is no respect for others without humility
It is impossible for us to show respect towards others if we are humble people.
48. Speaking a lot about oneself can also be a way to hide oneself
Friedrich Nietzsche explains how low self-esteem can make us not humble.
49. A great man is always willing to be small
In this sentence, small refers to humility. But a humble person is, in reality, very big.
50. Only when a man has been defeated can his true greatness be discovered
In bad times the worst of ourselves can come out, but also the best.
- Related article: "Resilience: definition and 10 habits to enhance it"
51. Humility enriches the soul
Humility makes us pure beings, in transparent people.
52. Traits such as humility, courage and empathy are easily overlooked, although it is very important to find them in your closest relationships
Sometimes we do not value the good values of some people, except when we lose these people we wanted.
53. When you perceive the applause of triumph, let the laughter that you provoked with your failures also sound in your ears
The good moments have to be savored when they arrive, and the bad ones have to be recognized. This is the best way to learn from them.
54. When pride comes, disgrace also comes; the wisdom is with the humble
Pride is one of the biggest flaws . They do not let us recognize our own mistakes or learn from them.
55. When science discovers the center of the universe, many people will be upset to realize that they are not
Self-centered people may believe that the world revolves around them when in reality it is not like that.
56The higher we are located, the more humble we should be
Humility makes us even bigger than we are. Pride makes us smaller.
57. Humility is the only true wisdom that prepares us for all possible changes in life
This value is a sign of intelligence and wisdom.
58. Humility is nothing but the truth, and pride is nothing more than lying
Humility is a positive quality of people, pride a negative.
59. The less one is, the more he takes care of everything
Humility makes us be in the present, and makes us keep fighting to be better.
60. Throughout my life, I have often had to eat my words, and I must confess that I have always found a healthy diet
A phrase with a touch of irony that speaks about humility.
61. Power is dangerous unless you have humility
Having power can be positive, but this one, badly used, can cause many problems.
62. Honor precedes humility
A proverb that makes it very clear that honesty and humility are very close.
63. Humility is not thinking less about yourself, it is thinking less about yourself
Humility has to do with having a high relational intelligence.
64. Humility makes you see further
Being humble means that you can learn from others .
65. If I have learned something in this incredible journey that we call life, it is that the sign of a truly successful individual is humility
An appointment that makes clear the relationship that exists between success and humility.
66. We are closer to being great when we are humble
Humility is a characteristic that people have worth remembering.
67. It is better to humiliate the spirit with the humble than to share spoils with the proud
Pride is a disease that ends the soul slowly.
68. The key to humility? Make and disappear
An explanation of what it means to be humble. Humility is to do without asking praise.
69. No one is as empty as those who are full of themselves
Those people who proclaim themselves excellent, in reality, are everything but that.
70. Great leaders do not need to be tough. Their confidence and humility serve to emphasize their hardness
When you have total confidence in yourself, you do not need to appear hard.
71. Humility is life
Humility helps us to live in harmony with ourselves and with others.
72. Humility is a necessary veil for all graces
William Gurnall, humility It is one of the best thanks .
73. Do nothing out of strife or vainglory; rather with humility, esteeming each other as superior to himself
Humility must come from the heart, not the attempt to be good with others.
74. Humility is making a correct estimate of oneself
Humility is good for those around us, but it is also good for those who practice it.
75. We approach the greatest when we are great in humility
Humility is only in the hands of bright people .
76. The brother who is of humble condition, glory in his exaltation
A way of saying that humble people should be recognized.
77. It is better to be humble and live with the poor than to share wealth with the proud.
It is always better to be surrounded by humble people than by people without hearts.
78. We are all apprentices in a trade where nobody becomes a teacher
Ernest Hemingway delivered this incredible sentence about how we must learn little by little to become experts .
79. Thinking well is not only for philosophers, but for simpler people
Having a good heart and thinking honestly make us a treasure.
80. Believe those who seek the truth, doubt those who have found it
The legit people are those that claim to be honest and humble.
81. A man only has the right to look down on another when he has to help him get up
We can only look over the shoulder to help the other person recover after a fall.
82. The art of life is to be happy with little
Being humble and content with what you have makes us happy and special people.
83. There are great men who make everyone else feel small. But true greatness consists in making everyone feel great
Being big means treating everyone with respect and treating them equally
84. Nothing is as low and vile as being haughty with the humble
Miserable is the one who looks over his shoulder at someone humble.