Being a mother implies knowing these 25 essential points
Mothers are, together with our parents, the most important figures of our lives. They are the people who gave us life and brought us up when we could not even feed ourselves.
Thanks to mothers, we have grown and developed. That's why this post is dedicated to them.
The mother-child relationship: unconditional love
Is that the task of being a mother can be exhausting . It is a 24-hour job in which, especially in the first years, it consumes all the time a mother can have. Mothers spend the first stages of their children's lives with them, and the attachment that is created at the beginning of this relationship lasts forever.
But what is this about attachment? For nothing more than the bonds or emotional and affective bonds that are created in interpersonal relationships. And mothers, of course, are the main protagonists of this beautiful relationship.
Attachment theory: What is it?
Attachment theory is a theory popularized by John Bowlby , because he thought that attachment begins in childhood and continues throughout life, and affirmed that there are behavioral control systems that are innate and that are necessary for the survival and procreation of human beings. Mothers, obviously, are the main protagonists for a child to develop what is considered the healthiest form of attachment: "secure attachment".
If you have been a mother, you will have already realized that from very young children have an innate behavior that leads them to want to explore new things , they are like mini-explorers. Now, when they think they are in danger, they run quickly into your arms for protection.
Mothers are always there and the little ones know it . As you have known with yours. As you see, without mothers we would be lost in this world, because it depends on them not to develop behaviors that damage our emotional health in the future.
- To know more about this theory, we invite you to read our article: "The Theory of Attachment and the bond between parents and children"
The importance of the maternal function
From birth, the mother is there, and your son becomes familiar with his voice, with his presence . The mother becomes responsible for the maternal function in the early stages of life, that is, the desire to provide infants with physical and emotional food. But at an early age the role of the mother not only refers to covering the physical needs as food, but is responsible for providing benign or positive affective stimuli. Studies show that children who are devoid of these affective stimuli often die under the condition called hospitalism.
The positive affective stimuli are those innate stimuli that are born of the desire to love that new creature, for example, the tone of sweet and soft voice, the smiles, caresses and hugs and the look.
- You can read more about this topic in the article: "The look of a mother and the maternal function:" I am looked at, therefore I am ""
Mothers are for the good and for the bad
However, the development of a child lasts a lifetime, but until adolescence the mother figure is of great importance to the descendants. The mother will be responsible for educating a child (along with other educational agents of course), for example, in values. But nevertheless, It can also be a bad influence for your child if he does not do things right .
Some mothers, voluntarily or involuntarily, engage in different toxic behaviors that, in the long run, can harm the emotional health of their descendants. Toxic mothers can carry out some harmful behaviors, such as those shown below:
- They are fixated on gender roles and adopt a submissive attitude towards men
- They are very conservative
- They have a controlling personality
- They do not trust the attitude of their children
- They have a passive-aggressive attitude
- They feel indifferent or are too permissive
- They are not very affectionate
- They are too critical
- They project their failures in life to their children
- They are not very communicative
- They do not teach them healthy habits
What every mother should know
Fortunately, the vast majority of mothers feel that unconditional love towards the children of whom I had previously spoken .
If you are going to be a mother for the first time, you will be interested to know the 25 points shown below, because this is a great experience, but sometimes it can be complicated and exhausting:
- You will develop the super-ability or the seventh sense of getting up in the middle of the night.
- You will become a researcher because you will be interested in knowing everything about your child: what you should eat, what you should do, etc. Surely this is what has brought you to this article ...
- You will try to remember what you did when you had free time.
- You will become a great criticism ... with yourself.
- You will worry about what you and your children eat.
- You will sacrifice for him or her.
- You will discover a new form of love: maternal love.
- You will be at the limit of your emotional capacity.
- You will learn to appreciate what it is to sleep.
- And you will learn to sleep in the hours your son sleeps.
- You will develop eyes behind your head.
- You will realize that you did not know anything about life.
- When your first child is born ... you may suffer postpartum depression.
- Ask for help from your parents (their grandparents).
- You will think that silence is suspect.
- You will learn to heal pupae with kisses.
- You will become expert diapers.
- You will be an expert in the sport of saving your child from falls.
- You will realize that each child is a world (only when you have your second child).
- You will learn a new language. For example, "aga", for water.
- You will know what stress really is.
- And, although it will cost you, you will learn to let your father do things his way because you will stress less.
- You will enjoy every moment you can use both hands.
- You will get used to living with the things that once made you sick: spit, vomit, excrement ...
- You will become a child again. For example, when you have to play with your child or watch television with him or her.