The 33 best questions of what do you prefer?
Preferences. Many times throughout our lives we will have to choose between two or more options , something that can be from something with considerable effects in our life (for example our profession) to something as trivial as choosing what to do to eat today. Elections are frequent in our day to day, even if we do not realize because in many cases the choice to make is obvious to us.
However, sometimes we can be asked questions that require us to choose between two more complex options or that require further reflection since any option can have as many advantages as disadvantages, our values and beliefs being what the choices we make make.
In fact, there have even been different games about it, often aimed at getting to know ourselves or our environment better. That is why throughout this article We will see several questions of what do you prefer ...? , useful both to entertain and hold a conversation and to make us reflect.
- Related article: "The 14 main social skills to succeed in life"
Brief selection of questions of what do you prefer ...?
Here we present a total of 33 questions about what is preferred, some of them drawn from various sources and games and demanding the majority of some reflection at the time of answering.
1. What do you prefer, not knowing anything or knowing everything?
This question allows us to assess whether the person in question would prefer to remain ignorant (something traditionally thought that allows to be happy in said ignorance) or to possess all the knowledge of the universe, something that nevertheless would imply a high level of responsibility about what to do with all that information).
2. What do you prefer, be eternally happy and that no one else can be happy or give happiness to a person of your choice (only one) but you never manage to feel happiness?
A question that demands a deep reflection and that can be more difficult to answer than it seems.
3. What do you prefer, lose the ability to communicate with others or that everyone can hear everything you think?
Interesting question linked to the possibility of sharing with others from its two extremes: everything that happens in our mind or absolutely nothing.
4. What do you prefer, to live in the house of your dreams but in the worst possible neighborhood (dangerous, remote and half abandoned) or in the worst house in the best neighborhood (safe, prestigious, well communicated and caring)?
Everyone has the house of their dreams, but the environment and the availability of services and security is also important.
5. What do you prefer, be a multimillionaire forever but never find love or find and live forever with the love of your life but in the worst possible conditions and with no possibility of improvement?
The answer to this question will depend on the values and what each one thinks about love and money.
6. What do you prefer, live forever and be immortal or die in less than a year without any pain and being happy time that you have left?
This question requires assessing what it would mean to live forever and what it means to die (although the rest of the time we were left was immensely happy), both options having their obvious drawbacks.
7. What do you prefer, be catapulted and have to live the rest of your life in the Ancient Age (knowing the historical events that are to come) or that the same thing happens but having to live in the future of a thousand years from now ?
The future and the distant past and how they lived / will live in these temporary moments are elements that they have always awakened our imagination and that have caused many authors to imagine the possibility of traveling through time.
8. What do you prefer, do the right thing but nobody recognizes you and everyone hates you for it or gain the recognition of others doing the opposite of what you really think is right?
A question that unfortunately is not as hypothetical as it may seem, but which is linked to the ability to be authentic with oneself despite the consideration of our environment or society.
- Maybe you're interested: "60 questions to get to know a person better"
9. What do you prefer, win the Christmas Bonus (lottery prize) or that your worst enemy lose all their money?
Win an amazing amount of money or that our most bitter enemy loses everything, that is the choice that this question offers us.
10. What do you prefer, not being able to kiss your partner again or not being able to hug her again?
A difficult choice between two ways of showing affection and sharing with the person we love.
eleven.What do you prefer, forget your whole life until now and start completely from scratch (without remembering who you are, or the people that were important to you, etc.) or never being able to introduce any change in your life (staying all the same as is forever?
Question that seeks to find if we prefer to keep everything static or change everything without keeping anything, with all the consequences that might have.
12. What do you prefer, always eat your favorite dish or be able to vary between all the dishes that you do not like at present?
On this occasion you have to Take into account the possibility that our tastes change over time , the first one can produce plenty and the rest get to like us with time.
13. What do you prefer, that everyone looks at you and judges every moment of your life or that no one can ever see you?
Another difficult choice between not being able to be calm or that nobody ever heed you.
14. What do you prefer, a highly complicit and committed relationship but in which there is never sex or a relationship based on sex and pleasure but without there ever being complicity?
Sensuality and sexuality are elements that most people consider important in their relationships, although What makes a relationship such is commitment and intimacy .
15. What do you prefer, never being able to leave your home or never have a fixed place to be able to consider as such?
Again in this case we face a complicated decision in which we must assess the need to have a home with exploring and seeing the world.
16. What do you prefer, that everyone considers you fun and laughs with your comments and jokes but never take you seriously or that they always take you seriously but never laugh with you?
In this case the choice would be in choosing the kind of consideration that others have for us. Fortunately, in most cases we can find a balance.
17. What do you prefer, that they love you but do not respect you or that they respect you but do not love you?
Similar to the previous one, but in this case we will choose according to what we care about being loved compared to being respected.
18. What do you prefer, have a permanent diarrhea or a continuous headache?
Two incredibly annoying types of discomfort among which we hope we will never have to choose.
19. What do you prefer, receive a million euros at a time or receive two little by little over the years?
A question related to the ability to delay gratification, since if we chose the slowest option we would end up receiving much more (although it may not have an effect as direct as the fast one).
20. What do you prefer, watch a video in which your partner is unfaithful or that your partner see a video in which you are unfaithful?
Although it depends on the person and the importance of fidelity, in general, either of the two things would be a serious blow to the relationship.
21. What do you prefer, not to feel sad again but never feel joy again or live in a constant oscillation between them?
Although nobody likes to be sad, the truth is that like joy it is an emotion that has an adaptive meaning. The question raises the difference between living in an eternal affective flattening or living with continuous changes in mood, the two extreme poles in terms of emotional stability.
22. What do you prefer, be born and live forever as a child and never grow or be born directly as an adult and not have had childhood and always live as an adult?
Throughout our lives we are maturing, and unfortunately many people lose or forget the illusion and innocence they had in childhood, wishing they had remained in such innocence for life. However the fact of growing also has its good things, that being a child forever we would never get to experience or understand . What would you choose?
23. What do you prefer, to have an adult mind in the body of a child or the mind of a child trapped in the body of an adult?
This question is not very common, but it is worth wondering what we would prefer to be both mentally and physically. Although it is related to the previous one, while in the other case we asked about remaining forever being one or the other in this we would maintain an adult body or mind while the other would be of ourselves when we were children.
24. What do you prefer, knowing all your future but not being able to modify or avoid it or never knowing what is to come but having the freedom to choose?
A classic question that many authors have made throughout history, in relation to the idea of knowing one's destiny and the repercussions that this could have on the enjoyment of our life.
25. What do you prefer, that all the people around you get caught having sex or catch each of the people around you maintaining sex?
At the same time an uncomfortable question.
26. What do you prefer, that nobody understands what you say or that you can not understand anyone?
Either of the two options would cause a great number of difficulties.Unfortunately, in some disorders such as aphasias, this type of question stops being hypothetical to become real.
- Maybe you're interested: "Aphasias: the main language disorders"
27. What do you prefer, be able to change your mind and personality at will or be able to change your body in the same way?
Body and mind are part of our being, being necessary to accept ourselves as one is. This question allows us to observe if there is a greater acceptance of our psyche or our body .
28. What do you prefer, shrink to the size of a flea or enlarge to the size of a skyscraper?
Both cases have their advantages and disadvantages, which should be valued conveniently. In addition, the choice may indicate elements linked to self-esteem and the need to increase or decrease one's notoriety.
29. What do you prefer, that no one go to your wedding or that no one goes to your funeral?
A difficult question to answer, and depending how hard it is.
30. What do you prefer, lie and get caught or caught someone lying to you?
The classic conflict between preferring to do it or having it done to you.
31. What do you prefer, not being able to quench your thirst, drink what you drink or not be able to calm your hunger, eat what you eat (without dying of thirst or hunger?
Both sensations would be extremely annoying.
32. What do you prefer, not having to go back to sleep or be able to sleep at any time and place on a whim (without any of the cases having negative effects on health or social level)?
The dream is for many people pleasant , while for others it is a waste of time.
33. What do you prefer, get all your dreams without any effort and without knowing how or work hard to achieve them (assuming they could be obtained in both cases)?
This question may seem easy, but the choice of one or the other option reveals the value given to effort and learning and the changes it may generate, as well as the increase in the sense of achievement and self-efficacy.