The 50 best sentences about self-esteem
The self esteem, that is to say, the valuation we make of ourselves , is one of the most important factors that influence our personal well-being. Possessing a high self-esteem is key to relate to others, and makes us resistant to adversity.
What determines that we have high or low self-esteem depends basically on four factors: our history of triumphs and the position we achieve through the recognition that these give us, the areas associated with these triumphs (if they are meaningful to us), respect and the interest we receive from others and the external or internal attribution we make of the negative events that we encounter every day.
The different types of self-esteem
Self-esteem is a subject that arouses great interest from the point of view of psychology. Well, the professionals of this discipline They know perfectly the importance that this variable has in the appearance of emotional and psychological problems .
Psychologists have been interested in this subject, and from Psychology and Mind we have made several articles that deal with it. If you want to deepen the knowledge of self-esteem, you can read our articles:
- The 4 types of self-esteem: do you value yourself?
- 10 keys to increase your self-esteem in 30 days
- Low selfsteem? When you become your worst enemy
The 50 best quotes about self-esteem
Throughout history, many well-known personalities have referred to this psychological variable in their works, self-esteem. In today's article, I'm going to review the 50 best quotes that refer to the ability to know oneself , improve self-esteem and improve self-esteem.
Let us begin!
1. When you recover or discover something that feeds your soul and brings you joy, take care of yourself enough and make it a space in your life (Jean Shinoda Bolen)
Sometimes, the things that make us really happy go through our lives without even realizing . To love ourselves includes valuing these things or people that surround us and that, for different reasons, we can not take them into account. In this way we will repent in the future.
2. You yourself, as much as anyone else in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection (Buddha)
Buddha tells us in this sentence that nobody is going to love us as much as we do ourselves, and that, although sometimes it is hard for us to see him, we all deserve our own love and affection.
- More phrases of Buddha. "10 Buddhist phrases to find inner peace"
3. Always remember that not only do you have the right to be an individual, but you have an obligation to be (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Although sometimes we are blinded with the negative, Roosevelt reminds us that we must be aware that we are unique and valuable people .
4. If you only realized, how important you are to the lives of those you know, how important you could be to people you have not yet dreamed of knowing. There is something about you that you leave in each person you know (Fred Rogers)
You need to know that you leave a mark on the people you know. We all have qualities that are valued by other people .
5. Low self-esteem is like driving through life with the parking brake applied (Maxwell Maltz)
This phrase by Maxwell Maltz says that Low self-esteem is our worst enemy It's like carrying a backpack full of stones.
6. What is ahead of us and behind us are just small things compared to what is inside us (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
Happiness is not found outside, but inside us. We often make a mistake in thinking that others will make us happy or that buying things we will be satisfied. That is not true, because what really makes us happy is to be good with ourselves and be satisfied with what is necessary .
7. Until you value yourself, you will not value your time. Until you do not value your time, you will not do anything with it (M. Scott Peck)
The first step to do something in this life is to value yourself , because when we have low self-esteem, we are immobilized.
8. A person can not be comfortable without their own approval (Mark Twain)
It is impossible for a person to be happy if they do not value themselves positively and if they do not love each other enough. It is necessary to love oneself to be happy.
9. Never be harassed in silence. Never allow it to become a victim. Do not accept the definition of your life by anyone; Define yourself (Harvey Fierstein)
Treating oneself badly is the worst thing we can do. Nor is it any good that we let others guide us and decide what we have to do in this life. Personal development begins by defining oneself and fighting for what you want.
10. Love yourself first and everything else falls into order. You have to love yourself to do anything in this world (Lucille Ball)
Loving oneself is the first step to doing anything in this life . If we do not love ourselves nobody will respect us and we will be in continuous suffering.
11. Self-care is not a selfish act, it is simply the proper management of the only gift I have, the gift that I am in the world to offer to others (Parker Palmer)
Treating oneself well does not mean that we are selfish people , in fact, it is necessary for personal well-being. So, in order not to suffer more than on account, you have to take some time for yourself and treat yourself with affection.
12. When you adopt the view that any criticism you make is a self-criticism, that any judgment you make is a self-judgment, you develop wisely in yourself an unconditional love that will be the light of the world (Harry Palmer)
This phrase goes to say that we should not waste time criticizing others and judging them. You have to spend that time on yourself, on improving every day.
13. Why should we worry about what others think of us, have more confidence in their opinions than in ours? (Brigham Young)
Constantly thinking about what others think of us is not good from the point of view of emotional balance. As has already been said, happiness is in oneself .
- If you want to stop thinking about what others think of you, here are some tips in this article: "Tips to stop thinking about what others think of you"
14. To establish true self-esteem we must concentrate on our successes and forget about the failures and negative events in our lives (Denis Waitley)
Our successes or, rather, our perception of our successes will be key in the development of our self-esteem . Removing iron from our failures and seeing them as opportunities to learn is the best way for a healthy development of self-esteem.
15. A healthy self-love means that we have no obligation to justify ourselves or others when we go on vacation, when we stay up late, when we buy new shoes, when we give ourselves a prize from time to time. We feel comfortable doing things that add quality of life to our day to day (Andrew Matthews)
You have to be tolerant with yourself, accept us as we are and treat us with love to have a healthy self-esteem . This can be easy, but we tend to be hard on ourselves, something that does not benefit us.
16. Our self-respect marks our choices. Every time we act in harmony with our authentic self and our heart, we earn respect. It's that simple. Every choice matters (Dan Coppersmith)
We choose to treat us with love and respect . If we do not, we run the risk of suffering excessively. In the end, the choice is ours.
17. People flatter themselves, thinking that their failures are always present in the minds of other people, as if they believed that the world is always contemplating its charms and individual virtues (Elizabeth Gaskell)
We tend to have the perception that others are aware of our mistakes and our failures. This is not the case, since others may not see so pessimistically the things that happen to us .
18. Do not depend on someone else to be happy and to value yourself. Only you can be responsible for that. If you can not love yourself and respect yourself, no one can make that happen (Stacey Charter)
Nobody is going to love you more than yourself . There are many individuals who depend on other people to be happy and, in reality, they are empty. We must empower ourselves in front of life, love each other and respect each other.
19. Do not ask yourself what the world needs, ask yourself what makes it come alive. And then go and do that. Because what the world needs to be alive. Then you see and do it. Because the world needs people who want to be alive (Howard Washington Thurman)
To be able to give to others it is essential to have met the needs of oneself . If you have a gap in your life or something you are not comfortable with, you can hardly help others.
20. There are too many people who overestimate what they are not and underestimate what they are (Malcolm S. Forbes)
It is very common that people value little what we are and aspire to be what we are not . We must begin to value what we have, which is sure to be a lot.
21. Have faith in what exists in there (André Gide)
This phrase reminds us that we must believe in ourselves because we are all valuable people . We all have virtues and abilities that characterize us and that we can offer to the world.
22. Regardless of the path you decide to take, there is always someone who will tell you that you are wrong. There are always derived difficulties that tempt you to believe that your critics are right. Drawing a course of action and following it to its end requires courage (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
It is difficult not to be influenced by what others tell us . But true well-being is in finding our own way, the one we want.
23.Never bend your head. Always keep it high. Look the world straight in the eyes (Helen Keller)
If you go through life with your head down, you will not be able to see the path you want to follow . Although it may not be easy at times, you need to look forward and pull forward.
24. You have criticized yourself for years, and it has not worked. Try to flatter yourself and see what happens (Louise L. Hay)
The easy thing is to criticize oneself when things are not going well. It is better to change strategy and accept and love yourself .
25. Loving oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance (Oscar Wilde)
Loving oneself, as Oscar Wilde says, is essential for success in life. When you love yourself, you do not need anyone's approval .
26. Act as if what you do makes a difference. He does it (William James)
We do not always value the things we do . But if we do them with the best intention, surely they will be well done.
27. The most incredible people we have known are those who have known defeat, suffering, struggle, loss, and have found their way from the depths. These people have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding about life that fills them with compassion, sweetness and a deep loving concern. Incredible people do not just happen (Elizabeth Kubler-Ross)
Having suffered and having a bad time in life makes us grow . When wounds heal you become stronger.
28. You're always with yourself, so you could enjoy your own company (Diane Von Furstenberg)
It is not easy to accept loneliness and spend time alone . But it is not bad to take time to know yourself. It is a time to grow.
29. Who looks outside, dreams: who looks inside, wakes up (Carl Gustav Jung)
You have to live in the present and be in the here and now to be realistic . That is one of the keys to happiness.
30. No one can can make you feel inferior without your consent (Eleanor Roosevelt)
You decide if you want to be happy or not , if you want what others think about you, I love you. You know, it's up to you, exclusively.
31. The better you feel about yourself, the less you need to teach it (Robert Hand)
If you're okay with yourself, you do not need the approval of others and you do not need to prove anything to anyone.
32. I think everyone is weird. We should all celebrate our individuality and not be ashamed of it (Johnny Depp)
We are all perfectly imperfect, so we do not have to worry about it or take it badly . You are unique in the world!
33. You are very powerful, as long as you know how powerful you are (Yogi Bhajan)
Self-knowledge is power . The problem is in always doubting your potentiality. You have to believe in yourself.
34. It's not what they call you, it's what you answer (W.C. Fields)
Sometimes you may not like some things from others . But people will remember how you behave about it. For example, if someone gets on your nerves and insults you, your insult will surely be remembered.
35. There are days when I drop flattering words about me like when the leaves of a tree fall and I remember that it is enough to take care of myself (Brian Andreas)
We usually forget to flatter ourselves because it is easier to criticize us . When we do it, we realize that it is really simple.
36. Trust yourself. You know more than you think you know (Benjamin Spock)
We must trust ourselves , although we may underestimate ourselves many times.
37. Because if you believe in yourself, do not try to convince others. Because if one is happy with himself, he does not need the approval of others. Because if you accept yourself, the whole world accepts it too (Lao-Tzu)
When one is comfortable with oneself, it does not matter what others say . One feels strong and prepared to face the day to day.
38. People who need the highest approval from others get little. And those who do not need approval from others get more (Wayne Dyer)
If you seek the approval of others, surely you will not find it . On the other hand, when you trust yourself, people look for you.
39. There is nothing noble about being superior to other men. The true nobility is to be superior to your previous self (Hindu proverb)
This Hindu proverb reminds us that the truly noble thing is to surpass oneself continually. If you want you can!
40. I found in my own research that the biggest reason why people are not self-pity is that they are afraid to become self-indulgent. They believe that self-criticism is what keeps them online. Many people think that way because our culture says that being hard on oneself is the right way to be (Kristen Neff)
This phrase It refers to the cultural influence and how this society demands so much . You have to reeducate yourself to be happy.
41. Your problems are that you are ... so busy being clinging to your guilt (Ram Dass)
Guilt is a backpack that accompanies us everywhere and that weighs too much . Better get rid of her.
42. The prize of conformity is that everyone likes you less (Rita Mae Brown)
Conformism is synonymous with immobility , and, therefore, in the long run it does not make you feel good.Leaving the comfort zone puts you to the test and allows you to grow and develop.
43. She has no confidence in herself, she longs for insatiable admiration. She lives in the reflections of herself in the eyes of others. She does not dare to be herself (Anais Nin)
It's sad not to dare to be yourself . This causes unhappiness, because personal development is intimately related to self-confidence and knowing each other and fighting for one's goals.
44. People are like glasses. They shine when the sun rises, but when darkness comes they reveal true beauty only if there is an inner light (Elisabeth Kübler-Ross)
The true beauty of each one is inside . But it only emerges when one is aware of it.
45. It took me a long time not to judge myself through the eyes of others (Sally Field)
It is usual to judge ourselves only by how others think of us . But over time one can learn to overcome this and focus only on what one wants in life.
46. Wanting to be someone else is wasting the person you are (Marilyn Monroe)
Phrase of the great American diva. Do not waste time trying to be someone else, love yourself as you are, you are worth much .
47. The opinion of other people about yourself should not become your reality (Les Brown)
We are all influenced by what others think of us. But should never affect us more than the bill .
48. I do not know the key to success but the key to failure is to try to please everyone (Woody Allen)
The great filmmaker and actor Woody Allen gives the key: if you try to please everyone, you will completely lose your essence as a human being .
49. Fate decides who enters your life, but only you decide who stays (Anonymous)
A phrase by an unknown author that emphasizes the criteria of each person to be able to rationally select the company .
50. The religion of all people should be to believe in themselves (Jiddu Krishnamurti)
This phrase of the Hindu philosopher and writer reveals the importance of believing in our dreams.