True love should meet these 40 requirements
Love is one of the great things in this life, something worth living for.
And although both psychologists, sociologists and doctors have tried to understand human behavior regarding this phenomenon, we all know how good it feels and how true love is capable of changing our lives completely . Nobody will doubt to affirm that it is one of the most extraordinary sensations that we can enjoy.
- Recommended article: "100 phrases about love and romance (unforgettable)"
What does science say about love?
And of course, since love is capable of making us cross the ocean in search of the person we love, researchers have tried to provide scientific knowledge in this regard, aware of the great interest that this theme arouses.
Surely you ask, What have they concluded in their studies? In summary, science has found results as curious as these:
- Love is like a drug
- The Christmas season produces many divorces
- The small details are the most important
- Love movies are a good therapeutic strategy
- Social networks are the most common cause of divorce
- Distance is not an obstacle in love
- Couple arguments get fat
Difference between love and infatuation
Despite the fact that falling in love and love seem synonymous, the reality is that they are different things . Love, in this case romantic love, is something more lasting than infatuation, which is usually the beginning of romantic love. The infatuation is a series of chemical reactions that occur in the brain, is what makes you feel full and make you feel the monkey for someone when you are not with that person.
The infatuation usually lasts about two years, which is when the brain regains normalcy. Falling in love is often irrational and can give way to mature love.
- Do you want to know more about falling in love? In our article "The chemistry of love: a very powerful drug" you can find very interesting information.
Mature love: rational love
In order for relationships to last, the intense feeling of love is not enough . There must be a series of characteristics that allow the relationship to move forward. Respect, communication and even learning from the past, will make a relationship succeed or not. Therefore, for love to triumph, you also have to learn to make the relationship work. This is what is known as mature love.
- You can delve into the theme of mature love in the following post: "Mature love: why is the second love better than the first?"
Characteristics of true love
But what are the characteristics of true love? What are the requirements for lasting love? Below you can find a list with 40 singularities of genuine love:
- It is an unconditional love and, therefore, is based on the acceptance of the other person, both in his past and in the present.
- It is mutual because it requires that the two members of the couple feel the same.
- He is generous. The person cares to give and gives his whole heart.
- It is healthy, that is, it is not an asymmetric or dependent love. Each person has their own autonomy.
- It does not make you suffer, that is, it is not a toxic love and it does not hurt. You feel lucky.
- It lasts forever. It can go through bad times, but because of its intensity it lasts forever.
- It is respectful and the two people who love each other are treated in a tolerant and attentive manner.
- It provokes a deep emotional connection that is what keeps the relationship alive despite the bad times that may arise.
- He is brave and doubts are overcome with courage. The first is the other person.
- It is intense. The feeling is not only profound, but its intensity provokes emotions of great magnitude.
- It is built over time. True love is gaining ground over the years.
- It feeds on compassion and, therefore, is tender and altruistic.
- It encourages negotiation and dialogue, because each member of the couple does their part to understand the needs of the other person.
- We are ourselves and that is one of the keys. When you love yourself, then you can love others.
- That person makes you laugh and it makes you feel good.
- It is free and without ties. Nobody imposes.
- It allows communication and the two people put their part to understand each other.
- He knows how to listen to what the other needs and what they both need.
- The two people complement each other and support each other.
- It does not judge and it is realistic.
- It is romantic and keeps the flame alive in time. Put on your part to make it happen.
- It is detailed and makes the partners show their love.
- It is passionate and they maintain intimate contact.
- It is not to find oneself in the other person or is dependent.
- First you have to love yourself to be able to love others.
- It is natural and things happen without forcing them.
- To give it, you have to receive it. It is a love that gives.
- It is a friendship with erotic moments. The two members are great friends and share great moments.
- It is commitment, sincerity and honesty.
- It has no limits, because true love can with everything.
- Distance does not matter. The people you want meet.
- It has shared objectives and the two members are on the same path.
- Overcome any ups and downs that may arise and there are no conditions.
- There are no victims, because the members have enough trust and respect.
- You have to live it and not let time pass.
- It takes away your sleep when you are not with the person you love.
- He wants you as you are and not as he would like you to be.
- Forgive quickly no matter how big the error was.
- It is your best support and is the person who is by your side in good times and bad times.
- You have to work it. It does not happen overnight.