How to relax easily, with 3 powerful habits
Sometimes they ask me what is the key to longevity . Can we do something to live longer? Different studies, like this one that was published in The Atlantic, have suggested that one of the main factors to predict longevity is the absence of worry, stress and emotional tension.
How can we relax?
Yes, you can learn to relax, and it's not difficult. The ability to eliminate the worries of our mind can be learned .
Keeping a cool head and being calm in situations of special stress can help us a lot in our daily lives. People who are not able to calm down in these circumstances tend to react instinctively and unreasonably, leading to serious problems. When we are in a state of nerves, we are not able to assess the consequences of our actions, so It is vitally important that we learn to manage our emotions and to relax .
This will also help us to weigh the situation at hand, to get a clearer idea of how we should act, and of course not to inflate the magnitude of the problem in our head. In case there is a verbal discussion, we can also better manage our involvement in it.
Advantages of knowing how to manage nerves
If we are able to relax in especially hard and stressful situations , we will achieve:
- Maintain a better mood , away from psychological stress and save conflicts with other people.
- Save time, efforts and thoughts in things that do not bring us anything positive.
- Be in accordance with our principles , and attract to us people who are also relaxed. People who live life in a calm and optimistic way, and who flee from conflicts.
- Be more attractive Individuals who manage to remain impassive in the face of adversity are much more attractive to others, because they show self-confidence and a good dose of self-control.
Habits to know how to calm down even in the worst situations
So, How do we manage to keep nervousness and stress away?
There are different emotional control techniques that can help us manage the psychophysiological effects of stress and anxiety. But there is more: we can also implement certain positive habits that can help us to calm down and avoid being imprisoned by nerves, anger or any other reaction that does not lead to anything good.
Applying them correctly, we will avoid frustrations, fears, worries and anger that can degenerate into difficult problems to solve.
1. Ask yourself: is it really worth it?
Our thoughts can help us improve the situation. But be careful, because they can also make it worse. The key here lies in Ask us the right questions, in order to have a good perspective of the conflict .
- Is it really important? Very simple. By asking ourselves this question we can put in context the situation that we are living. Maybe it's not worth getting nervous about nonsense.
- Will I care about this in 2 years? Or even in a couple of weeks? This question can serve us to relativize a lot the problem that we face. It is very useful when assessing if it really makes any sense to lose your nerves or worry excessively about something. It is probable that by asking this question we will take a much more rational perspective of the matter. In two weeks, will that concern affect your life? Probably not.
2. Assume that life does not have to be a martyrdom
If you notice that you immerse yourself day after day in obsessive thoughts about your problems, maybe you are entering a spiral of negativity and thoughts that plunge you into a state of constant nervousness .
Have you tried to distract yourself? Surely, if you put in your life a little fun, your mind will thank you. Do activities that you like, spend time with your friends and laugh at life is one of the best remedies against nervousness and worry.
When a person has an exciting, fun and exciting life, he does not stop to think about the possible worries that surround him. All, absolutely all of us live in a society where things that we do not like abound, even things that hurt us. We have to face injustice, but it is very good for our psychological health that we learn to clear our mind , taking away a little the tendency to dramatize life.
So that, it can help you stop over-analyzing these tricky matters and spend more time exploring the good things in life . Getting out of the negative routine and focusing all your attention on worries can be complicated, because it is a comfort zone.But if you are able to impose positive dynamics and healthy habits, confidence in yourself will increase and you will be able to face a problem in a much healthier way.
3. Put humor to complicated situations
What else can we do to try to relax in complex situations?
A good trick is to think differently than we normally do. Adding a little humor to stressful situations can be very helpful to relativize the importance of problems.
For example, ask yourself:
- What would Doraemon do in my place?
- What would my grandmother say if she could see me in this stressful situation?
- How would [your friend more calm and confident] act in this circumstance?
This key to relax easily allows you to change your vision to a fun and carefree perspective. When we are in a negative mental state (stressed, exhausted, overcome by the situation, cranky ...) it is not bad to demystify the bad moment based on humor and good vibrations.
All these tips are useful when it comes to staying calm in difficult times . Apply them to your life and it is likely that everything will improve. Luck!