125 sentences of Albert Einstein on science and life
Albert Einstein was one of the most important scientists and influential twentieth century. His work helped many astronomers and physicists, and will always be remembered for his contributions not only in the scientific world, since he was an intellectual reference also in other subjects. Undoubtedly, Einstein was a genius, one of the greatest geniuses that ever existed, and revolutionized our understanding of time, space and the universe.
- Related article: "How was Spinoza's God and why did Einstein believe in him?"
Phrases by Albert Einstein
This article is a small tribute to this famous historical figure; Below you can find collected 125 phrases by Albert Einstein so you can enjoy them. All of them are full of great wisdom.
1. Raising new questions, new possibilities, considering old problems from a new angle, requires creative imagination and marks a real breakthrough in science.
The creative mentality is key to the advancement of science, as Einstein states.
2. I speak to everyone in the same way, be it the dump or the president of the university
Einstein recognizes that he is a humble person and that he treats everyone equally.
3. Loneliness is painful when one is young, but very pleasant when one is more mature
Unlike when we are young, when we get older we tend to value loneliness more. Well, it allows us to dedicate time to ourselves.
4. Mystery is the most beautiful thing we can experience. It is the source of all true art and science
The mystery can seduce us and make us investigate the phenomena that have not yet come to light, generating a powerful sense of wonder and discovery .
5. The human mind is not capable of conceiving the fourth dimension, so how can it conceive God? For whom a thousand years and a thousand dimensions are only one
The author talks about the impossibility of fully understanding the divine.
- Related article: "Types of religion (and their differences of beliefs and ideas)"
6. A human being is part of the whole that we call the universe, a part limited in time and space. He is convinced that he himself, his thoughts and feelings, are something independent of others, a kind of optical illusion of his consciousness. That illusion is a prison for us, limits them to our personal desires and to feel affection for the few that we have closer. Our task must be to free ourselves from that prison, expanding our circle of compassion, to encompass all living beings and all nature
People may think that we are better than others, but in reality, we are all part of the same universe.
7. The distinction between the past, present and future is only an obstinately persistent illusion
An appointment that, with a certain touch of irony, present difference of the past and the future.
8. If you want your children to be smart, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be smarter, read them more fairy tales
Imagination has a lot to do with intelligence.
9. No one can read the Gospel without feeling the presence of Jesus
Gospel has a great religious content, as Einstein tells us, a man who he declared himself a believer .
10. Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love
Emotions permeate our lives, but they are not something tangible
11. It is strange to be known so universally and still be so alone
Being famous does not mean that we can not feel alone.
12. Everything must be done as simple as possible but not simpler
In science, it is necessary to simplify things so that others understand them, but not so much that we do not put effort or interest in it.
13. You do not really understand something unless you are able to explain it to your grandmother
When we understand something of truth, then we are able to show it to someone.
- Maybe you're interested: "The 45 best quotes of Lev Vygotsky"
14. I live in that painful loneliness in youth but delicious in maturity
Again, when we get older, we value be able to be alone for a while and disconnect .
15. We are all very ignorant. What happens is that we do not all ignore the same things
Just as we all have different talents, we also do not know different things.
16. The value of the product lies in the production
The cost of producing something is what makes it expensive.
17. The way they are trying to cure people is so slow that, by the time they find the cure, people will have disappeared. That is not very efficient.
A critique of how progress is being made in health issues.
18. We, mortals, achieve immortality in the things we create in common and that remain after us
An appointment that forces you to reflect deeply on our existence.
19. All religions, arts and sciences are branches of the same tree
An appointment that deals with different disciplines and belief systems and the relationship between them.
20. The value of a man should be seen in what he gives and not in what he is capable of receiving
One of the best virtues of the human being It is knowing how to give, because everyone knows how to receive.
21. Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind
The ideology of the people moves the world, and for Einstein, religion was a fundamental pillar of it.
22. Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted
A word game that makes a lot of sense.
23. The gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge.
Creativity and scientific advances are closely related, according to Einstein after his experience.
24. A perfection of means and confusion of goals seems to be our main problem
A critique of the reason why science makes mistakes.
25. We are architects of our own destiny
It is we who forge the way.
26. Intellectuals solve problems, geniuses prevent them
A comparison between the intellectuals and those considered geniuses .
27. Everyone should be respected as individuals, but no one idolized
We are all human beings, although sometimes we can idolize someone.
28. There is a motive force more powerful than steam, electricity and atomic energy: the will
The will moves people towards change and transformation.
29. Sad era ours! It is easier to disintegrate an atom than a prejudice
A complaint of how we can get to behave humans.
30. In times of crisis the imagination is more effective than the intellect
Creativity is key to solving problems.
31. The formulation of a problem is more important than its solution
A good formulation of a problem can help many people solve problems.
32. At the beginning all thoughts belong to love. After all the love belongs to the thoughts
Love is also a force that is capable of moving the world.
33. There is an extremely powerful force for which so far science has not found a formal explanation. That force is: love
Again, referring to how love moves people.
34. If A is success in life, then A = X + Y + Z. Where X is work, And it is pleasure and Z is keeping the mouth closed
One of Einstein's phrases that exude humor.
35. After the failure of humanity in the use and control of the other forces of the universe, which have turned against us, it is urgent that we feed on another kind of energy.
Humans we can be very destructive if we use our resources for our own benefit.
36. My non-belief in the existence of a God is not philosophical at all
Einstein speaks once again about his relationship with religion.
37. Intellectual growth must begin only at birth and only cease with death
We have all our lives to develop and learn.
38. Without deep reflection one knows about the daily life that exists for other people
Self-reflection and empathy are closely related, so to put ourselves in the lives of others it is necessary to reflect.
39. The monotony and loneliness of a quiet life stimulates the creative mind
In moments of solitude it is easier unleash our creativity .
40. We should humbly admire the beautiful harmony of the structure of this world to where we can recognize it for the moment. And that's it
There are things that are difficult to explain, so we must observe and enjoy them.
41. It is impossible to conceive peace when every action taken is with the perspective of a possible future conflict
Human beings can be very selfish and not seek cooperation.
42. I do not know with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones
A fierce criticism of how we behave human beings. We must reconsider the path we are taking.
43. The most important source of uranium is found in the Belgian Congo
The Belgian Congo was what is now known as the Democratic Republic of the Congo, and was one of the largest exporters of uranium to the United States.
44. Chance does not exist; God does not play dice
People we are masters of our destiny .
45. I see a pattern, but my imagination can not visualize the architect of that pattern
Sometimes you have to let yourself get carried away by what you feel without needing to seek explanations.
46. This life is the result of cause and effect, not what is supposed to be there, in the heavenly reward
What we do and how we behave influences the result.
47. Would you be so kind as to tell me if you are taking a stand in this war?
A question about whether or not you share that ideology.
48. Memory is the intelligence of fools
Einstein always he was an advocate of creativity .
49. When scientists sought a unified theory of the universe they forgot the most invisible and powerful of forces
Sometimes we become obsessed with one thing and leave others as important.
fifty.Science can only make sure what it is, not what it should be
Science aims to explain what happens with objective and measurable data.
51. I am really very grateful to you for allowing me to express myself here today, as a man, as a European and as a tool
Einstein was and will be key to the knowledge of humanity.
52. Information is not knowledge
For information to become knowledge, it is necessary to reflect on it .
53. It can not be my duty to have to find a conduit between the nation that, for many years, has considered me as their property
A quote that talks about how Einstein felt.
54. From the point of view of a Jesuit priest I have always been, and always will be: an atheist
Einstein was an atheist, as he makes clear with this phrase.
55. The most beautiful and profound religious emotion that we can experience, is the sensation of the mystical
Human beings are emotional beings. The feelings can sometimes be inexplicable.
56. The mystical beliefs of our times that show themselves in the growing current of what is known as philosophy and spiritualism is for me no more than a symptom of weakness and confusion
What is not science has little power for Einstein.
57. I'm not an atheist, I do not think I can be called a pateista
Again, making clear his position regarding religion.
58. Love is light. Since it illuminates who gives it and receives it
Love is one of the great sensations that human beings can experience.
59. I can not believe then in this concept of an anthropomorphic God who has the power to interfere in natural laws
This scientist had no faith in the anthropomorphic model of God.
60. I prefer an attitude of humility that corresponds to the weakness of our intellectual capacity to understand the nature of our own being
Einstein was always a curious , also in regards to your feelings.
61. Love is the most powerful source of energy in the whole world because it has no limits
Love is one of the great things in this life.
62. Religion deals only with the evaluation of human thoughts and their actions, can not justify the facts and the correlation between the facts
Religion is not science and, therefore, can not prove the facts.
63. The true nature of things, that is something we will never really know, never
There are things that the human being will never fully understand.
64. Never consider study as an obligation, but as an opportunity to penetrate the beautiful and wonderful world of knowledge
People must be motivated to learn new things.
65. The problem of man is not in the atomic bomb, but in his heart
The atomic bomb does not explode by itself, it is the human being that explodes it.
66. I deeply regret that I have not been able to express what is in my heart, that it has been beating silently for you all my life
A confession about what Einstein did not tell a special person.
67. Education is what remains after forgetting what has been learned in school
Education, according to Einstein , it goes beyond academic studies.
68. I am a Jew, but I have also been dazzled by the luminous figure of the Nazarene
This famous investigator was of Jewish origins in a time of strong persecution.
69. I am convinced that some political and social activities as well as some practices of Catholic organizations are harmful and even dangerous
Einstein did not agree with the church.
70. When they asked me about a weapon capable of counteracting the power of the atomic bomb, I suggested the best of all: Peace
The man Do not make war if you do not want .
71. When we learn to give and receive this universal energy, dear Lieserl, we will see that love wins everything
Love is a very powerful weapon to unite people.
72. There are many university chairs, but few are wise and noble teachers. Many and large are the classrooms, but young people do not abound with a true thirst for truth and justice
There are few individuals with a true critical spirit.
73. Nature hides its secrets due to its essential haughtiness, not because it is rude
Nature does not pretend to be superior to anyone, but acts naturally.
74. In view of such harmony in the cosmos that I, with my humble mind, am capable of recognizing; I'm surprised that there are still people saying that there is no God. But what really bothers me, is that they quote me, to back up their arguments
Once again, Albert Einstein talks about religious beliefs.
75. In the summer of 1939, Dr. Szilard told me his views on the potential importance of uranium for national defense
The use of uranium, many times, has had an armament interest.
76. The important thing is to keep asking yourself questions
The human being must never stop reflecting.
77. Our experiences consist in the reproduction and combination of sensory impressions, the concept of a soul without a body, it seems empty and lacking in meaning
The body and the mind are intimately related and, therefore, are part of the human experience.
- Maybe you're interested: "Dualism in Psychology"
78. We see the universe, beautifully ordered and functioning governed by its laws, but we can barely understand those laws
An appointment that, without a doubt, makes us reflect on the greatness of the universe and its mysterious essence.
79. We do not know anything about the world or about God. All our knowledge is nothing more than the knowledge of a primary school child
Human beings develop and so does our cognitive capacity and our intelligence.
80. There are things that I will never understand, neither in this life nor in another.
An ironic phrase about how there are things that are strange to us.
81. Words mean what you want them to mean
It is not the events themselves that make us react in a certain way, but how we relate to them.
82. I believe in the God of Spinoza, who revealed himself in the harmony of all that exists. Not in the God who hides behind the faith and actions of men
According to Einstein, the important thing is to reveal oneself in a harmony of what exists, not in a God who is interested in fate and actions of the human beings.
83. Repeatedly I have said that in my opinion, the idea of a personal god is a child's thought. You can call agnostic, but I do not share the crusades of professional atheists
A statement that shares the idea of the previous point.
84. It is not the result of scientific research that ennobles human beings and enriches their nature, but the struggle to understand while doing a creative and open-minded intellectual work
For Einstein, the attempt to understand is what makes people noble.
85. For those of us who are tied to old age, death comes as a liberation
Seniors can be difficult for some people.
86. We are just children who have entered a bookstore full of books in many languages. We know that someone should have written those books, we do not know how
A personal reflection of Einstein but that is applicable to everyone.
87. There are two ways of seeing life: one is believing that miracles do not exist, the other is believing that everything is a miracle
A way to compare the mentality of believers and those who are not.
88. Two things are infinite: human stupidity and the universe; and I'm not really sure of the second
A phrase with humor in which he affirms that human stupidity is frequent. It is also one of Albert Einstein's most famous phrases .
89. The fanatical atheists are like slaves who still feel the weight of the chains that they managed to remove with so much effort
A critique of fanatical atheists. Fanaticism and prejudice are closely related.
90. He who does not have the gift of wondering or being more enthusiastic would be worth being dead, because his eyes are closed
You have to be motivated to live, because if it does not make sense to stay alive.
91. God is there, governed by the rules of nature, and can be discovered by anyone who has the courage, imagination and persistence to go seek it.
Making it clear that the only God that exists is nature.
92. One always instinctively does everything possible to postpone the arrival of the final deal
Death is not a favorite dish for most mortals.
93. The search for truth is what drives many people
Many individuals are curious and try to find meaning in their lives.
94. I have only mentioned birth control here and anywhere, when population growth itself represents a risk to the health of people and an obstacle to any attempt to organize peace on the planet
Einstein, throughout his life, opined on many topics, linked or not to his work discipline.
95. Life is very dangerous. Not for the people who do evil, but for those who sit down to see what happens
The problem, many times, is not that a person tries to do evil, but that no one forbids it.
96. I have decided that when my time comes, I will bite the dust with the minimum possible medical assistance
A view of Einstein about his last days of life .
97. My political ideal is the democratic one
Democracy was at the base of this researcher's ideas.
98. Imagination is more important than knowledge
Creativity is a form of intelligence that not everyone dominates.
99. Science is the attempt to make the chaotic diversity of our sensory experience correspond to a logically uniform system of thought
Science aims to explain the events that may seem confusing around us.
100. The joy of seeing and understanding is the most perfect gift of nature
Pay attention and try understand what happens around us It is a great virtue.
101. If your intention is to describe the truth, do it with simplicity and elegance leave it to the tailor
When we try to understand the complex truth, it is necessary to simplify it.
102. The word progress makes no sense as long as there are unhappy children
The objective of science must be the well-being of people.
103What separates me from those called atheists, is my feeling of humility towards the innumerable secrets of the harmony of the cosmos
Although Einstein did not believe in God, he respected the opinions of others.
104. Curiosity must be part of our day to day
People must be curious to understand what happens around us.
105. The value of a man to his community is usually fixed according to how he directs his sensitivity, his thought and his action towards the claim of others
Not everyone has the same degree of empathy or the same intention to help others.
106. I do not have special talents, but I am deeply curious
Einstein claims not to be a genius, but a very curious person.
107. Science is nothing more than a refinement of everyday thinking
A very personal way of defining science.
108. The life of a man without religion has no meaning; and not only makes him a miserable, but a being unable to live
The author tries to explain why some people are believers.
109. I never think about the future. Arrives too early
The important thing is to be thinking about the present, because the future can not be lived yet.
110. The greatest mystery in the world is that it is understandable
What science can not prove, it becomes very mysterious .
111. A person who has never made a mistake never tries anything new
Mistakes are great opportunities to grow and learn.
112. The ideals that illuminate my path and again and again have given me courage to face life with joy have been: kindness, beauty and truth
These three elements are three great virtues that a person can possess.
113. Maturity begins to manifest itself when we feel that our concern is greater for others than for ourselves
When we are younger, we tend to be more self-centered.
114. It's crazy to do the same thing over and over again hoping to get different results. If you want different results, do not do the same
If you want to change your life, it is best to take a different path.
115. Man finds God behind every door that science manages to open
Science and religion are different things, because science intends to prove the facts, religion does not.
116. The desire for peace of humanity can only become reality through the creation of a world government
If we want peace in the world , the borders must end up disappearing.
117. The mind is like a parachute ... It only works if we have it open
Having an open mind is one of the best qualities that someone can possess.
118. You can not blame gravity for falling in love
An ingenious game of words that can not be translated and that also has to do with the field in which Einstein was an expert.
119. The only thing really valuable is intuition
Intuition is, many times, the right path .
120. Emotions sometimes do not let us reflect as we should
We are emotional beings, and not controlling emotions can make us make some mistakes.
121. Weakness of attitude becomes a weakness of character
Positive will and attitude are some of the keys to achieving what we want.
122. Try not to become a successful man, but become a man of value
A person of value is one who makes the most of what he does.
123. The fundamental concepts and principles of science are free inventions of the human spirit
Humans need to understand and, therefore, we rely on science .
124. An empty stomach is a bad adviser
When emotions dominate us, the reason may be in the background.
- Maybe it interests you: "Are we rational or emotional beings?"
125. Whoever has never made a mistake has never tried something new
We learn from mistakes. They are keys to change and improve.