105 short beautiful sentences (with images and explanation)
Life is full of nuances, details and elements that often make us stop and doubt.
These nice short sentences about love and life they are a way of approaching in a poetic way the topics on which more reflections are usually drawn, from the hand of great thinkers and cultural referents.
The best nice phrases to reflect
It is always stimulating to think new thoughts from the opinions and ideas of great historical figures. Below you can see a series of beautiful thoughts and phrases about different areas of life.
Remember, also, that you can visit our Instagram account to see pictures of phrases like these.
1. Life starts every five minutes (Andreu Buenafuente)
One of the most remembered phrases of this Catalan humorist.
2. Immature love says: "I love you because I need you." Mature love says: "I need you because I love you" (Erich Fromm)
The vision of Erich Fromm about the different types of love.
3. What one can become, one must be (Abraham Maslow)
The creator of the most famous hierarchy of human needs reflects his humanist philosophy in this phrase.
4. The power of imagination makes us infinite (John Muir)
One of the beautiful phrases referring to imagination and creativity.
5. Let's face it, let's ask for the impossible! (Ernesto Che Guevara)
A cry that has practically become a slogan of progressive movements.
6. Freedom dies if not used (Hunter S. Thompson)
A reflection on freedom and its properties.
7. Where words fail music speaks (Hans Christian Andersen)
The music is defined through this curious comparison.
8. You can not find peace by avoiding life (Virginia Woolf)
Among the elements of life are things that can be a disturbance of peace.
9. Life is like jazz ... better if improvised (George Gershwin)
One of the beautiful phrases about life that can also serve to better understand certain art forms.
10. Everything that can be imagined is real (Pablo Picasso)
Picasso, talking about the limits of creativity .
11. Knowledge is an antidote to fear (Gerd Gigerenzer)
This psychologist talks about knowledge as something that affects the way we act.
12. Love is a smoke made with the vapors of sighs (Shakespeare)
One of the most famous phrases of Shakespeare famous.
13. A good traveler has no plans (Confucius)
The oriental philosopher Confucius talks about his way of understanding travel.
14. What I can not create, I do not understand (Richard Feynman)
This reference of physics uses its analytical and scientific mentality in this phrase.
15. Miracles are born from difficulties (Jean de la Bruyère)
A poetic phrase that, at the same time, is motivating.
16. Love is a better teacher than duty (Albert Einstein)
One of Einstein's best known love phrases.
17. Life is the flower of which love is honey (Victor Hugo)
An example of the poetic and beautiful phrases that Victor Hugo could conceive.
18. Look back and smile at the past dangers (Walter Scott)
A motivating and beautiful phrase in equal parts.
19. We live in a rainbow of chaos (Paul Cezanne)
A poetic way of seeing how anarchic there is in our lives.
20. Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye (H. Jackson Brown Jr.)
A reflection on human intuition.
21. We become what we think (Earl Nightingale)
Our thoughts have a crucial influence on what we will become in the future.
22. Where there is love there is life (Mahatma Gandhi)
A very nice phrase from the Hindu leader Mahatma Gandhi.
23. Once we accept our limits, we go beyond it (Albert Einstein)
Accepting our limitations can be the starting point towards a fuller life.
24. Listen from time to time; what you can hear is fascinating (Russell Baker)
Many people do not listen, only hear . To which we stop to listen, everything changes.
25. Where there is no struggle, there is no strength (Oprah Winfrey)
The popular African-American presenter is clear. The struggle is the engine of societies.
26. What does not kill us makes us stronger (Friedrich Nietzsche)
The German philosopher, in a very commented appointment.
27. Pleasure is often spoiled by the simple act of describing it (Stendhal)
Sometimes, the experience is the only important thing .
28. Love is composed of a soul inhabiting two bodies (Aristotle)
A phrase about love that reminds us of the most powerful feeling we can experience.
29. The more we do, the more we can do (William Hazlitt)
The efforts are summative, and help us to reach a good port.
30. Time spent in the company of cats is never wasted time (Sigmund Freud)
A tender phrase that shows the love that Sigmund Freud gave to small cats.
31. A friend is someone you dare to be yourself with (Frank Crane)
In everyday life we usually wear masks, but with friends we show ourselves naked emotionally.
32. Motivation is what sets you in motion, habit is what keeps you going (Jim Ryun)
The importance of habits to move forward.
33. It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved (Alfred Lord Tennyson)
Another reflection that we have all heard on occasion.
34. All people talk about the mind without hesitation, but are perplexed when asked to define it (B. F. Skinner)
Behaviorist B. F. Skinner, about the intangible of the human mind.
35. Without deviating from the norm, progress is not possible (Frank Zappa)
The musician Zappa believed that subversion was the only way to social progress.
36. Wherever I go, I find that a poet has been there before me (Sigmund Freud)
Poets have always lived more than anyone.
37. Keep your eyes on the stars and feet on the ground (Theodore Roosevelt)
A magnificent phrase that came out of the creative genius that was Roosevelt.
38. Music is love looking for words (Lawrence Durrell)
A phrase about music and its relationship with falling in love.
39. It always seems impossible until it's done (Nelson Mandela)
The mythical South African activist reflects on the possible and the impossible.
40. The invariable mark of wisdom is to see the miraculous in the ordinary (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
A lovely phrase from the great Ralph Waldo Emerson.
41. Storms make trees create deeper roots (Dolly Parton)
After the bad weather, we left strengthened psychically.
42. Do not look at the clock, do the same as him: keep moving forward (Sam Levenson)
Never stop A beautiful phrase that allows us to keep going despite everything .
43. Life is very simple, but we insist on making it complicated (Confucius)
A well-remembered celebrity quote, which reminds us that, in the end, life is simpler than we sometimes think.
44. Do not count the days, make the days count (Muhammad Ali)
A paradoxical phrase of the best boxer of all time.
45. When nothing is safe, everything is possible (Margaret Drabble)
Uncertainty is the gasoline with which we can dream of a better future.
46. True strength is delicate (Louise Berliawsky Nevelson)
Certainly, brute force does not usually take very far.
47. The person who has never made a mistake has never done anything new (Albert Einstein)
Making mistakes is not only human, it is inevitable if we want to succeed.
48. Fall in love with your existence (Jack Kerouac)
Only if you have a positive feeling towards your existence can you aspire to be happy.
49. The goal of education is to transform an empty mind into an open one (Malcolm S. Forbes)
In this sentence there is a valuable reflection about the role of education as something far from being a machine to force to memorize.
50. Music is an echo of the invisible world (Giuseppe Mazzini)
One of the most beautiful and inspiring music phrases.
51. Nothing is as sweet as melancholy (Francis Beaumont)
An elegant way to see this feeling.
52. Can you imagine what I would do if I could do everything I can? (Sun Tzu)
The Chinese thinker, author of the famous The Art of War, talks about human potential here.
53. The only person you are meant to be is the one you choose to be (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
One of the beautiful and motivating phrases at the same time.
54. There is no instinct like that of the heart (Lord Byron)
Lord Byron talking about the most passionate part of human beings.
55. Be yourself, the other positions are already occupied (Oscar Wilde)
Oscar Wilde, as always, offering wisdom and irony in equal parts.
56. Creativity is intelligence having a good time (Albert Einstein)
There are few more original definitions about this concept.
57. Do as if every day were a life (Seneca)
One of the oldest philosophers of the West here shows a way to squeeze life to the fullest.
58. The intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings (Salvador Dalí)
One of the most poetic phrases of this Spanish painter.
59. The goal of education is to transform mirrors into windows (Sydney Harris)
It is not about getting children to think exactly the same, but about enhancing their skills and creativity.
60. I speak to myself because I am the only one whose answers I accept (George Carlin)
A lesson in self-confidence , or maybe arrogance.
61. Love comes unseen, we only see it when it moves away (Henry Austin Dobson)
We only realize that this person is worth it when he decides to leave our life.
62. The characteristic of beautiful people is that they always see beauty in others (Omar Suleiman)
Beauty is transmitted by the look, by the way of recognizing the beauty in the eyes of the one who is looking.
63. Think of all the beauty that is around you and be happy (Anne Frank)
A phrase that invites us to celebrate life without giving much thought to anything in particular.
64The occasion must be created (Francis Bacon)
The occasions will not come to knock on your door. Go out and look for your possibilities.
65. Being brave is being free (Seneca)
Greek philosophy left us precious reflections, like this one of Seneca.
66. If you can dream it, you can do it (Walt Disney)
Do not put limits, no great historical character put them on.
67. Romance is stormy, love is calm (Mason Cooley)
A good way to differentiate love from falling in love.
68. You are never too old to set a new goal (C. S. Lewis)
Each day gives us a new opportunity to do something useful.
69. Only the life lived for others is that life that is worth it (Albert Einstein)
Altruism as the engine of life . A beautiful phrase pronounced by the German physicist.
70. Even if you are in a minority, the truth is the truth (Mahatma Gandhi)
It does not matter that everyone believes in something, the truth has only one way.
71. The more you dream, the farther you go (Michael Phelps)
The award-winning American swimmer, talking about dreams and the way to pursue them.
72. Volunteers do not necessarily have to have a lot of time; They must have a lot of heart (Elizabeth Andrew)
Volunteers dedicate time and efforts to fight for the needs of other people.
73. The soul is colored by the color of their thoughts (Marco Aurelio)
Another pretty phrase that relates our thoughts to the medium term effects in our life.
74. Everything we see is nothing more than a dream within another dream (Edgar Allan Poe)
Do we live in the Matrix? Edgar Allan Poe, judging by this famous quote, thinks so.
75. Believing in something and not living it is fundamentally dishonest (Mahatma Gandhi)
Integrity is based on doing what you firmly believe.
76. Everything in the universe has rhythm, everything dances (Maya Angelou)
Dance and music make up a tenuous common denominator in our lives.
77. Truth is never pure and rarely simple (Oscar Wilde)
The complexity of life leads to the truth can only be carefully unraveled.
78. The purpose of art is to remove the dust of daily life from our soul (Pablo Picasso)
A phrase about the art of the great painter from Malaga.
79. There is a kind of beauty in the imperfect (Conrad Hall)
Perfection can be boring . Imperfection can contain character and vitality.
80. If you love life, life will love you (Arthur Rubinstein)
Everything we offer to the world is returned to us in one way or another.
81. You should never be afraid of what you do when you are right (Rosa Parks)
The activist for the rights of African-Americans, about honesty and integrity.
82. I have not lost the gold, I won the silver (Michelle Kwan)
Optimism above all, despite the fact that others try to make us believe that we could have achieved more.
83. Beauty is power, a smile is his sword (John Ray)
Interesting vision about beauty. The smile is, of course, the best magnet to attract other people.
84. If you hear a voice within you that says "you can not paint," then, whatever happens, paint, and that voice will be silenced (Vincent Van Gogh)
A good way to overcome mental limitations.
85. Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future (Oscar Wilde)
The British writer reflects on the evils that we have all committed in our lives.
86. Existence is an imperfection (Jean-Paul Sartre)
The mythical French philosopher praises imperfection.
87. The most wasted of all the days is the one that is empty of laughter (Nicolas Chamford)
Laughter is always the best medicine . An endearing phrase to take life with good humor.
88. The secret to moving forward is to start (Mark Twain)
Never despair, follow your dreams until you get them.
89. It's never too late to be who you could have been (George Eliot)
Doing what we like transports us to be unique and happy with ourselves.
90. Beauty is a promise of happiness (Edmund Burke)
One of the phrases about beauty with a clear philosophical background.
91. You must find a place within you where everything is possible (Deepak Chopra)
A phrase of self-fulfillment and motivation of Deepak Chopra.
92. What is before us and what lies behind us are small things compared to what is inside us (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
Another one of the best phrases of Ralph Waldo Emerson.
93. The secret of your future is disguised in your daily routine (Mike Murdock)
A reflection to identify those habits that lead us towards future forms that we like or dislike.
94. Let us always receive a smile, because smiling is the principle of love (Teresa of Calcutta)
A gesture as simple as a smile can change many things.
95. Where there is unity there is always victory (Pubilio Siro)
A pragmatic and at the same time beautiful way of conceiving unity.
96. Choose a trade that you like and you will not have to work any day of your life (Confucius)
This is among the most famous pretty phrases of this ancient Chinese philosopher.
97Happiness is what happens when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony (Mahatma Gandhi)
A way to relate happiness with honesty and consistency in what we do.
98. A good decision is based on knowledge, and not on numbers (Plato)
Plato, speaking about knowledge as something that goes far beyond technical knowledge.
99. Every day is a trip, and the trip itself is a home (Matsuo Basho)
A beautiful reflection about the art of traveling.
100. Happiness can only exist in acceptance (George Orwell)
A famous quote that presents us with acceptance as a basis for emotional well-being.
101. Receiving someone's trust is a greater compliment than being loved (George MacDonald)
Certainly, we feel comforted when someone gives us their trust and respect .
102. Better than a thousand empty words is a single word that brings peace (Buddha)
A phrase to reflect, of Buddha.
103. Experience is simply the name we give to our mistakes (Oscar Wilde)
An ironic phrase of the British writer. Errors, whether we want it or not, are part of life.
104. One way to get the most out of life is to see it as an adventure (William Feather)
If every day is a challenge, it is easier for positive and memorable things to happen to us.
105. Happiness is like a kiss; you must share it to enjoy it (Bernard Meltzer)
Life is better when it is shared.