45 basketball phrases of the best players
The best players in the history of basketball are not remembered as such. Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Kobe Bryant, Tim Duncan, Bill Russell, Kevin Garnett, Wilt Chamberlain, Oscar Robertson ... great athletes who contributed, each in his time, to popularize the sport of the basket
The best basketball phrases that they left us were really impressive and inspiring and that is why today we still refer to them, because the legacy that they left us will pass from generation to generation.
- Recommended article for you: "The 65 best famous quotes of Michael Jordan"
Basketball quotes: Michael Jordan, Larry Bird and many more
Then we leave you with the best phrases of basketball, the NBA, the ACB and many more important leagues in the world.
1. There is no possible comparison with the Dream Team. (Patrick Ewing)
The Jamaican center was clear: no other team can overshadow the US team that played the Olympics in Barcelona in 1992.
2. Sometimes a player's biggest challenge comes in relation to his role in the team. (Scottie Pippen)
The forward, who played his best years with Jordan in the Chicago Bulls, discusses the importance of each player's role with respect to collective needs.
3. I always have a ball in the car. You never know. (Hakeem Olajuwon)
The African center demonstrates with this phrase his infinite love for basketball.
4. Give your best when no one is watching. If you do that, you can be successful in whatever you set out to do. (Bob Cousy)
One of the pioneers of American basketball, on the ability to sacrifice and effort.
5. You can not be afraid of failing. It's the only way you succeed, you're not going to succeed forever, I know. (Lebron James)
An active player who has changed the game mode. In this sentence he emphasizes that success also entails small partial failures.
6. I think someone should explain to children that it is normal to make mistakes. This is how we learn. When we compete, we make mistakes. (Kareem Abdul-Jabbar)
Another phrase, this time from the Los Angeles pivot, which reminds us that the road to success is not a straight line.
7. Leadership is fighting for a lost ball, having everyone involved, all other players. It is being able to assume and delegate. that's the only way you can get the respect of your peers. It is to get everyone to believe in you and always offer the best of yourself. (Larry Bird)
The legendary shooter of the Celtics, on the effort and leadership.
8. Talent wins matches, but teamwork and intelligence win championships. (Michael Jordan)
The difference between individualism and teamwork.
9. I have never thought about the consequences of missing a big shot ... when you think about the consequences, you are thinking about a negative result. (Michael Jordan)
The winning mentality of the Bulls' 23 was absolutely epic.
10. You always have to be on the edge. You have to do every workout, every game, as if it were the last one (Kobe Bryant)
No one has triumphed without giving 200% of their chances.
11. I have failed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times they have relied on me to take the shot that the match won and I have failed. I have failed again and again in my life and that is why I am successful. (Michael Jordan)
Punctual failures make you a path of great success.
12. You have to give 125 percent. Put your heart and soul into it; Learn to have a positive and winning attitude. Do not accept defeat, but learn from it. (Magic Johnson)
Another great player, Earvin Magic Johnson, gives us his vision about effort and learning.
13. The strength of the team is in each individual member. The strength of each member is in the team. (Phil Jackson)
The ex-player and coach, in another famous event that praises the work as a whole.
14. A man can be a crucial ingredient in a team, but a man can not make a team. (Kareem Abdul-Jabbar)
Another reflection that emphasizes the whole over the individualities.
15. I have a theory that if you give 100% all the time, somehow things will work out in the end. (Larry Bird)
Sacrifice always has a prize.
16. I will do whatever it takes to win games, whether sitting on a bench waving a towel, handing a glass of water to a teammate or hitting the winning shot. (Kobe Bryant)
The winning mentality of the escort KB24.
17. You must expect things from yourself before you can do them. (Michael Jordan)
Focusing on future skills is the best way forward.
Basketball or basketball (from English basketball) It is a team sport in which two teams of five players compete in a parquet court.The goal of this team game is to get the ball into the basket of the rival team, a metal ring located at 3.05 meters high. The height of the objective makes that many of the professionals of this sport are individuals of a stature out of the ordinary.
Basketball motivating phrases
We continue with more famous quotes from basketball that leave us with a great taste, as they highlight the value of effort and camaraderie.
18. I have had enough success for two lives together, my success is talent along with hard work and a good dose of luck. (Kareem Abdul-Jabbar)
Lew Alcindor was very clear on how to achieve his goals.
19. The most important part of the profession lies in the training track, not in the game. You get to a certain point where you have to trust the players to translate what they have learned into action. (Phil Jackson)
Wise words of who is, perhaps, the best basketball coach in history.
20. Losing balls is the prelude to a bad attack. (Antonio Díaz Miguel)
One of the main fears of the coaches: the bad selection of pass and the tactical imbalances.
21. Getting good players is easy. Getting them to play together is the hardest part. (Casey Stengel)
The cohesion between basketball stars is very complex.
22. All coaches are creative, but if you do not have a good database you will not get anywhere. (Gustavo Aranzana)
The analytical aspect is essential to be an elite coach.
23. You can not choose the way to lose, but you can choose how to recover to win next time. (Pat Riley)
Another outstanding coach, about resilience in sports.
24. When you reach that level, it is not a matter of talent anymore, because all the players are very talented. It's about preparation, playing smart and making good decisions. (Hakeem Olajuwon)
The role of decisions at an elite level.
25. I only did my job; play basketball and win rings. I never got distracted by everything that surrounded me, if to others it happened that played in our favor. (Bill Laimbeer)
The 'bad boy', with his pragmatic vision of the championship.
26. Every hour I do not spend in the gym I know that someone is training to take me down. (Karl Malone)
If you do not train hard, the opponent will have it much easier.
27. If I had 80% success in free throws, I would surely be arrogant and not humble. So everything has its reason for being. (Shaquille O'Neal)
Shaq and his particular sense of humor.
28. Just by putting a suit on a man does not mean he's a good guy. (Allen Iverson)
Appearances can deceive. This phrase was uttered by the controversial Allen Iverson escort.
29. You never know what they're expecting from you, so just go out and play. (Manu Ginobili)
The Argentine escort has this interesting opinion.
30. If you give your best, you have nothing to be ashamed of. A defeat is not a disgrace. (Dirk Nowitzki)
The German power forward relativizes the bad games.
31. No one should expect more from you than, exactly, yourself. (Carmelo Anthony)
Motivation in abundance with the forward scorer Melo Anthony.
32. Success is not an accident, success is a choice. (Stephen Curry)
The recent MVP tells us his philosophy of life.
33. The key lies in the consistency: if you want to be a great shooter, you should always throw the same. (Ray Allen)
One of the best shooters reveals the key to success.
34. In the face of adversity I grow up and have always lived with the pressure of expectations. (Pau Gasol)
The Spanish never gives up.
35. The biggest difference is in leadership. It was better for us. We had more coaches and mentors to help us. Many of today's younger players suffer from a lack of direction. (Isiah Thomas)
The mythical base of the Detroit Pistons talked like this on the leadership qualities.
36. Arvydas Sabonis could have died on the court, literally. I have never seen a player dunk with so much pressure on their backs. (Don Nelson)
The coach highlighted the winning mentality of the Lithuanian pivot.
37. All the children need is a little help, a little hope and someone who believes in them. (Magic Johnson)
The base, in a memorable and tender phrase.
38. Never underestimate the heart of a champion. (Rudy Tomjanovich)
An inspiring phrase like few others.
We hope you liked these basketball phrases . We have done them with a lot of love. Do you want to share some more? Write it in the comments section.
39. There is no greater motivator on earth than yourself. (Magic Johnson)
If you trust your possibilities, you will succeed.
40. Good teams become great teams when their members trust their teammates so much that "we" prevails over the "me". (Phil Jackson)
About the camaraderie and the blind trust in the team.
41. It was time. Last year I played with hate, but this one I played again with a lot of love and passion. (Lebron James)
The resurrection of a great player.
42. My parents are my backbone. They still are.They are the only people who will support you whether you score zero points or forty marks. (Kobe Bryant)
On paternal and family love, the Angeleno escort leaves us this sentence that should be taken into account.
43. Sex and golf are the only things in which, even if it's bad, you can have a nice time. (Charles Barkley)
The "fat" Barkley always has an ingenious answer.
44. Not always the tallest arrive higher, not always the fastest arrive before, not always the strongest are those who win the battle. But the ones who train the most, the more they try and the more they believe in the team, the more times they will get the victory. (Pau Gasol)
The Barcelona power forward gives us this tremendous motivating phrase.
45. A good result is having done your best. (John Wooden)
One of the precursors of this sport has a phrase that rewards the effort and not the result.