36 Famous Medicine Phrases (to understand doctors)
Medicine has been researching the diseases that humans suffer for centuries to try to prevent them and cure them with vaccines and increasingly effective treatments. In fact, diseases that ravaged entire continents in past eras, such as the Black Death, which left Europe in less than half of its population.
With the successive scientific advances, many diseases have been able to find a cure or an effective treatment, what has done that in the last century the life expectancy has increased remarkably.
- Recommended article: "63 phrases of physical and mental health"
Medicine Phrases (and aphorisms)
Hundreds of doctors and researchers have left us an incomparable legacy. To pay homage to this profession, We have prepared a selection of the best medicine phrases pronounced by doctors and researchers of all times.
1. The good doctor treats the disease; the great doctor treats the patient who has the disease. (William Osler)
Great famous phrase, perhaps one of the most reproduced, that teaches us the way to be a professional doctor.
2. Time is usually the best doctor. (Ovidio)
The Roman poet, in a reflection on the healing properties of letting time pass.
3. Medicine is a science of uncertainty and an art of probability. (William Osler)
Each patient is a different story, and the effectiveness of the medicine is based on the statistical study.
4. Medications are not always necessary. The belief in recovery always is. (Norman Cousins)
On pharmacology, sometimes oversized.
5. Where medicine does not come, nobody can. But hope can be therapeutic. (Francis Castel)
Having a positive mood is vital.
6. Finding a doctor without having the will to heal is like trying to fish in a puddle. (Juan Armando Corbin)
Reflection on the importance of wanting to survive.
7. Patience is the best medicine. (John Florio)
A quality that pushes us to heal our body and mind.
8. Research with stem cells can revolutionize medicine, more than anything has been achieved since the antibiotics appeared. (Ron Reagan)
About the scientific and medical revolution in the making.
9. Let your food be your only medicine. (Hippocrates)
Good nutritional bases are key to keeping our health in top shape.
10. The art of medicine consists of keeping the patient in a good state of mind while nature heals him. (Voltaire)
Humility and perseverance; that's what medicine is based on.
11. Work! If you do not need it to feed yourself, you need it as medicine. (William Penn)
Work dignifies, and maybe even can cure.
12. The best doctor is the one who knows the uselessness of most medicines. (Benjamin Franklin)
Curious reflection on the part of one of the founders of the United States.
13. Everything is possible, he had said. We are not gods, we do not know everything. And he added, "Deep coma is a mystery to medicine. (Marc Levy)
Certainly, it is a state of which little is known.
14. Science and medicine deal with the body, while philosophy deals with the mind and soul, as necessary for a doctor as food and air. (Noah Gordon)
Excerpt from the book The doctor.
15. There is only one medicine, and it is effective when you have scientific evidence behind it. (J.M. Mulet)
Phrase of medicine of the researcher and Spanish lecturer.
16. Medicine is the art of fighting men to the death of today, to give them in better condition, a little later. (Noel Clarasó)
An ironic reflection on what is to come.
17. They do more for medicine who seek than those who conclude. (Ángeles Mastretta)
On the scientific spirit that should support medical activity.
18. It would be fantastic if the doctor had the possibility of experimenting on himself different medicines. Understand the action of drugs in a very different way. (Mikhail Bulgákov)
A critical view on pharmacology.
19. I consider medicine a priesthood, like being a spiritual pastor. Asking a patient for money to heal is a bit like saying: the bag or life. (Patrick Deville)
On the infamous health system of some countries, such as the United States.
20. Words are a medicine for the suffering soul. (Aeschylus)
A friend or relative who takes care of us is always comfortable and helps us recover.
21. Medicine is the art of accompanying the grave with Greek words. (Enrique Poncela)
A great and ironic phrase of medicine.
22. Medicine is the art of preserving health and eventually curing the disease that occurred in the body. (Avicenna)
Prevent before curing.
23. I die due to the help of too many doctors. (Alexander the Great)
An excess of cures can be stressful and lead to worse health.
24. Medicine has prolonged our life, but it has not given us a good reason to continue living. (Miguel Delibes)
A great reflection of the Spanish writer.
25. Doctors like beer, the better the older. (Thomas Fuller)
Experience gives them wisdom.
26. Doctors cut, burn, torture. And making the sick a good, which seems more bad, demand a reward that they almost do not deserve. (Heraclitus)
Great phrase of medicine that comes to us from Ancient Greece.
27. Who decides when doctors do not agree? (Alexander Pope)
A mystery that is hidden in the back room of hospitals.
28. Almost all doctors have their favorite diseases. (Henry Fielding)
Like any professional, there are things that arouse more interest than others.
29. Doctors kill and live from killing, and the complaint falls on the ailment. (Francisco de Quevedo)
An openly negative view of the profession of doctor.
30. The progress of medicine brings us the end of that liberal era in which man could still die of what he wanted. (Stanislaw Jerzy Lec)
Reflection on the development of this applied science.
31. Doctors are not for that; its mission is to prescribe and collect; Healing or not is an account of the patient. (Molière)
Another criticism to health professionals.
32. The best medicine is an always joyful mood. (Solomon)
Another phrase of medicine that affects the importance of positive mood.
33. When a medicine does not hurt, we should be happy and not demand that it be used for something. (Pierre Augustin de Beaumarchais)
A skeptical view about the therapeutic properties of medicine.
34. Magicians can achieve more through faith than doctors by truth. (Giordano Bruno)
The Italian philosopher and poet did not trust medicine too much.
35. Medicine can only cure curable diseases. (Chinese proverb)
Miracles, unfortunately, do not exist.
36. Medicine heals, healthy nature. (Latin proverb)
A valuable and useful distinction to improve our life.