Prozac de Séneca: a tool to stop suffering
In a society as demanding as the one we live in, which often demands more than it gives back to us, it is easy for our emotional health to be affected . Especially, if we live with the "happymania", that is, the obsession to be happy.
For only a few decades, the felicity it is everywhere: scientific research, best-selling books, our social media statuses ... We just have to look around to see that we have made an effort to create a happy story of our lives.
Are antidepressants and anxiolytics the solution to our sadness and anxiety?
And it seems that it is forbidden not to be happy, when it is impossible to be happy 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. In modern societies, such as the United States, the consumption of psychotropic drugs such as prozac, called the drug of happiness, is increasing year after year. Depression and anxiety are the order of the day, and that is why few do not know medicines like tranquimazin or valium.
But fighting our sadness or our anxiety only with these medications is not an effective strategy: it does not eliminate suffering, it calms the symptoms for a while . This is what the book called Prozac de Séneca, a work with a philosophical-psychological basis, aims to explain. For its elaboration, the author, Clay Newman , has been inspired by revealing phrases of Seneca, the greatest exponent of Stoicism. Your thoughts are a source of wisdom for happiness.
A book with therapeutic dyes
This book is a kind of medicine, a form of therapy to help us live a little better . Because as the author affirms: "we have never been so materially rich, but so poor in the spiritual". The idea of this text is to leave behind drugs such as prozac or valium and build a more adaptive personality, in addition to helping people to be mentally stronger.
Recommended article: "12 characteristics of mentally strong people"
A book to make us aware that medication is not the solution to emotional imbalances. Because it is more useful to know the causes of discomfort and work to stop suffering. The Seneca Prozac promotes the Stoic philosophy and provides the necessary dose of wisdom to learn to be happy . Newman argues that values such as humility, self-acceptance, compassion and trust, among others, are inherent in the human condition. However, it is necessary to know this philosophy and have the necessary will to make it effective.
In short, it is about leaving behind what prevents people from being happy. This literary work allows to develop honesty, humility and conscience, compassion, detachment and acceptance.Maybe you're interested: "10 daily habits that improve your emotional balance"
Prozac de Séneca: some sentences from the book
Below you can find some of the best phrases in this book.
1. Life does not care what you want. Its function is to give you at all times what you need
Life takes into account how we adapt to the environment, not our desires and our motivations. It is you who has to fight for your dreams.
2. Since parts of the lack and the feeling of emptiness, you love others to the extent that they fill you and give you satisfaction
We often seek satisfaction in others when we should focus on what satisfies us . A great teaching for life.
3. The purpose of your life is to learn to be happy and to be at peace with yourself so you can love life as it is
Working on self-love and self-acceptance is one of the keys to happiness.
4. True security is not related to your external circumstances, which are governed by universal laws that you can not control. Rather it is an internal emotional state that allows you to live with confidence, courage and courage
Creating a strong personality is only achieved when we are at peace with ourselves.
5. Is there someone who misses you or does not support you? Someone who only sees you already makes you feel bad? If so, I welcome you on behalf of the collective of the human race. You have just identified one of your "spiritual teachers"
We are human and we feel emotions that, at times, are not entirely pleasant.
6. The best thing you can do for humanity is to be happy and learn to be at peace with yourself
When you're good with yourself, others will also notice it positively.
7. The only Truth that deserves to be capitalized is Love
Love is an experience that can make us immensely happy or tremendously unhappy.
8. True detachment arises when you understand that nobody makes anyone happy
Dependence on others is inversely proportional to happiness.
9. Are we perfect? Why, then, do we demand perfection from others?
We can be very demanding with others when, in reality, no one is perfect.
10. Adversity is the occasion of virtue
The bad moments are occasions to grow that we should not miss.