100 phrases by Paulo Coelho (happiness, love, friendship ...)
Paulo Coelho is a Brazilian writer who was born in 1947 in Rio de Janeiro . Before dedicating his life to literature, he worked as a theater director, actor, screenwriter and journalist.
His international fame came after the great success of "The Alchemist" (1988), but he is the author of other titles of great commercial triumph such as: "Brida" (1990), "Las Valquirias" (1992), "La Quinta Montaña" ( 1996), "Verónika Decide Morir" (1998) or "On the Banks of the River Piedra Me Senté y Cloré" (2002).
Phrases by Paulo Coelho
These are some of the phrases that summarize his way of seeing the life of this author, as well as his most famous famous quotes taken from several interviews he has given throughout his career.
1. Although happy people say they are, nobody is satisfied: we always have to be with the most beautiful woman, with the biggest house, changing cars, wanting what we do not have.
Human beings do not settle, we always want more.
2. I love almost anything from my job except conferences. I'm too shy in front of an audience. But I love to sing and have eye contact with a reader who already knows my soul.
A confession of this great novelist who affirms that he loves to undress his soul.
3. We have to stop and be humble enough to stop and understand that there is something called mystery
Humility is one of the great virtues that a person can have.
4. Let us be absolutely clear about one thing: we should not confuse humility with false modesty or servility
The author compares humility with modesty or servility.
5. What I can say about all my characters is that they are in search of their souls, because they are my mirror. I am someone who is constantly searching for my place in the world, and literature is the best way I find to see myself.
Coelho affirms that through literature he finds himself.
6. Everybody has a creative potential and from the moment you can express that creative potential, you can start to change the world
Creativity is the principle to change the world in which we live.
7. When I write a book, I do it for myself; the reaction depends on the reader. It's not my business if people like it or dislike it
Paulo Coelho confesses that he writes the books from his heart,
8. I do not say that love always takes you to heaven. Your life can turn into a nightmare. But with that said, it's worth taking the risk
It is worth risking for love, it is what gives us life.
9. The good old days, when each day had an owner, are gone forever.
A phrase by Paulo Coelho that invites the reader to reflect,
10. I was not encouraged to pursue a career as a writer because my parents thought I was going to die of hunger. They thought that nobody can make a living as a writer in Brazil. They were not wrong.
Coelho explains that his parents did not like the fact that he was a writer.
11. The more in harmony you are with yourself, the more you enjoy and the more faith you have. Faith does not disconnect you from reality, it connects you with it.
When you're good with yourself, you're fine with everything else.
12. You are always learning. The problem is that sometimes you stop and think you can understand the world. This is not correct. The world is always moving. You never reach a point where you can stop making an effort
One must live his life instead of spending his whole life trying to understand everything.
13. Things do not always happen the way I would like to and it's better that I get used to it
One can not feel bad because things do not go the way he wants
14. I am first and foremost a writer. I followed my personal legend, my teenage dream of becoming a writer, but I can not say why I am.
A confession of this remarkable author.
15. Happiness is just another trick that our genetic system uses for the survival of the species
A curious reflection by Paulo Coelho on happiness.
16. I am not a self-help writer. I am a writer solving my own problems. When people read my books, I provoke things. I can not justify my work. I do my job; it depends on them to classify it and judge it
Coelho affirms that he is not a writer of books of self-help, but that his texts foment the creativity of the reader at the time of solving problems.
17. I was always a rich person because money is not related to happiness
Money does not make happiness, no matter how much one creates.
18. Writing means sharing. It is part of the human condition to want to share things, thoughts, ideas, opinions
Sharing is one of the things that can make us feel better.
19. What interests me in life is curiosity, challenges, good struggles with their victories and defeats.
Life has its good moments and its bad moments.
twenty.I believe that enlightenment or revelation come in daily life. I am looking for enjoyment, peace of action. You need to act I would have stopped writing years ago if it was for the money.
Paulo Coelho's motivation is not money.
21. Everything tells me that I'm about to make the wrong decision, but making mistakes is part of life
We all make mistakes, we should not blame ourselves for that.
22. Choosing a path means having to lose others
You can not have everything at once, sometimes you have to sacrifice things.
23. The most important thing in all human relationships is conversation, but people no longer talk, do not sit and listen. They go to the movies, to the theater, they watch television, they listen to the radio, they read books, but they almost do not talk. If we want to change the world, we have to go back to the time when the warriors sat around a fire telling stories
Communication is very important in interpersonal relationships.
24. Everything is allowed, except to interrupt a manifestation of love
Love must manifest itself, it is a very intense feeling.
25. Do not explain yourself. Your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe it
There is no need to justify what things.
26. When we love, we always strive to be better than we are. When we strive to be better than we are, everything around us becomes better
When we work in us, the external does not matter.
27. It is not expectations that guide us forward, it is our desire to go forward
Our motivation is the force that guides us.
28. Life moves quickly. It rushes us from heaven to hell in a matter of seconds
The world does not stop, it is our decision to get on the train.
29. Sometimes you do not have a second chance and it is better to accept the gifts that the world offers you
The second opportunities do not depend on us.
30. The ship is more secure anchored in the port, but that is not the purpose of the ships
The comfort zone is not a good option if we want to grow and develop.
31. It is better to live as if it were the first and last day of my life
Living the moment is the best option and it is the only thing we can live.
32. It is the possibility of having a dream that becomes a reality that makes life interesting
The vital objectives are what make us move and what gives us happiness.
33. No matter how you feel today, get up, get dressed, show yourself
You have to go outside and enjoy life.
34. When someone leaves is because someone else is about to arrive
The farewells, deep down, are opportunities
35. During intimate relationships it is very difficult to deceive another person because it is when people show who they really are
In intimate relationships we show who is our self.
36. One day you will get up and there will be no more time to do the things you always wanted. Do them now
Today is the only day we can live, not yesterday or tomorrow.
37. The secret of life is therefore to fall seven times and get up eight
The adversities that appear to us in the day to day are opportunities to learn.
38. Nothing in the world is completely wrong. Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
Paulo Coelho makes reference to the fact that truths are relative
39. Simple things are also the most extraordinary things and only the wise can see them
Experience shows us that happiness is found in simple things.
40. A child can teach an adult three things: be happy for no reason, always be busy with something and know how to demand with all his will what he wants
Adults we can learn a lot from the little ones.
41. Waiting is painful. Forgetting is painful. But not knowing what to do is the worst kind of suffering.
Being confused and not knowing where to go, is what is known as existential crisis.
42. The strongest love is the one that can show its fragility
True love does not need lies or show what it is not.
43. How does light enter a person? If the door of love is open
Without love it is impossible to be happy.
44. When you repeat an error, it is no longer an error, it is a decision
The mistakes that are made several times are decisions.
45. Love is not in others, it is within ourselves
When you do not love yourself, it is impossible for you to love others.
46. Love is discovered through the practice of loving and not of words
Love must be demonstrated, not told.
47. If you want to be successful you have to respect a rule "never lie to yourself"
Lying to oneself will hurt your way to your goals.
48. The wise person is wise because he loves, the crazy person is crazy because he thinks he understands love
Reflections on love can lead to madness.
49. To accumulate love means to accumulate luck, to accumulate hatred means to accumulate calamity
Hate is one of the worst decisions people can make.
50. No, I have never seen an angel, but it is irrelevant to have seen it or not. I feel his presence around me
A phrase that could show the faith in God of Paulo Coelho.
51. Live the present, it's the only thing you have
The future is coming, and the past is gone.
52. Who loves waiting for a reward is wasting time
In love you have to let yourself go, otherwise you can be disappointed.
53. People are very reluctant to talk about their private lives but you go to the internet and they are much more open
Sometimes it's easier to talk about your life with strangers than with people you do not know.
54. Love will never separate man from his Personal Legend
Love is recorded in the book of our life.
55. This is freedom: to feel what the heart desires, regardless of the opinion of others
Freedom does not count what others think of you.
56. You do not drown when falling into a river, but by staying submerged in the
It is not the fact that constantly hurts us, but to recreate ourselves in it.
57. The more violent a storm is, the faster it passes
A phrase by Paulo Coelho that leads us to reflect.
58. Culture makes people understand each other better. And if they understand each other better in their souls, it is easier to overcome political and economic barriers. But first they have to understand that their neighbors are, in the end, like them, with the same problems
Paulo Coelho, this time expressing his thoughts on culture.
59. You can become blind seeing each day as similar. Every day is different, every day brings a miracle. It's just a matter of paying attention to that miracle
Life goes on its way, and we must adapt.
60. Life was always a problem waiting for the right time to act
We must take risks in this life if we want to leave our comfort zone.
61. Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the fear itself. And no heart has suffered when going in search of his dream
When you feel something for someone, you better go behind that feeling.
62. Everything that happens once may not happen again. But everything that happens twice will happen a third time surely
We learn from mistakes. But when they appear twice, there are high chances that they will happen again.
63. Love is a trap. When it appears we only see its lights, not its shadows
When we are in love with a person, we only see their virtues and not their defects
64. When a person really wants something, the whole universe conspires to help that person realize his dream
A nice reflection of this author about going in search of our goals.
65. When you are enthusiastic about what you do, you feel positive energy. It's very simple
The attitude we show determines, on many occasions, our success.
66. Be brave. Take risks Nothing can replace the experience
Experience is the best way to learn.
67. Remember your dreams and fight for them. You must know what you want from life. There is only one thing that makes your dream impossible: the fear of failure
The fear of failure weakens us and does not allow us to achieve our dreams.
68. You have to take risks. We only understand the miracle of life when we allow the unexpected to happen
We must be brave and risk what we want to achieve.
69. I have seen many storms in my life. Most have taken me by surprise, so I had to learn very quickly to look forward and understand that I am not able to control time, exercise the art of patience and respect the fury of nature
The experience helps you learn the importance of patience. Without a doubt, a great virtue.
70. No one can lie, no one can hide anything, when you look directly into their eyes
The look is a reflection of the soul . There it is possible to see if someone lies to us.
71. One is loved because one is loved. There is no necessary reason to love
In love you do not have to give it that much, you love because you love.
72. The possibility of realizing a dream is what makes life interesting
It is not achieving the goal that makes us happy, but pursuing it.
73. Never give up on a dream. Just try to see the signs that take you to him
Although sometimes it is tempting to throw in the towel, do not forget about dreams.
74. When you grow up, you will discover that you have already defended lies, deceived yourself or suffered because of nonsense. If you are a good warrior, you will not blame yourself for that, but neither will you let your mistakes repeat themselves
Acceptance is key to our personal development and happiness.
75. Sometimes you have to decide between one thing that you are used to and another thing that we would like to know
A phrase by Paulo Coelho that makes a clear reference to the comfort zone.
76. When he had nothing to lose, he had everything; When I stopped being who I am, I found myself
The path of renunciation can bring happiness.
- Related article: "23 things you have to give up to live happily"
77. Everyone has a central role in the history of the world
Who has the ability to decide can make things change.
78. Do not waste your time with explanations: people just listen to what they want to hear
There is no need to give explanations about one's life.
79. If I am a part of your dream, you will come back one day
Affection and love are shown by spending time together.
80. Now that he had nothing that could be taken from him, he was free
In a sense, getting rid of elements is a way to increase our room for maneuver.
81You are what you think you are
Self-convincing ourselves that we are something is a way to create that identity.
82. No one loses anyone because nobody owns anyone
The idea of making a human being can become part of someone's property is fundamentally reactionary.
83. What is the biggest lie in the world? It is this: that at a certain point in our lives we lose control of what happens to us
There are always ways to make our decisions count.
84. Your eyes show the strength of your soul
In the look you can convey many aspects of how we are.
85. People never learn anything by listening to explanations; they must figure things out on their own
It is learned through direct experience.
86. When each day is like the next, it is because we are unable to recognize the good things that happen every day
The idea that moments are repeated is an illusion.
87. After the ice mask that people wear, there is a heart of fire
Passions always exist, but sometimes they are hidden.
88. Every ignored blessing becomes a curse
Letting go of opportunities is a way to hurt ourselves.
89. Do not let your mind tell your heart what to do
Another of Paulo Coelho's phrases in which he emphasizes the need to follow intuitions.
90. Certain things in life simply must be experienced, and never explained. Love is one of them.
There are aspects of life that are beyond words.
91. Love is not simply a habit, a commitment or a debt. Love is simply
This feeling is in itself an independent and very intense psychological phenomenon.
92. Why is patience so important? Because it allows us to pay attention
There are attitudes that, if they have so much value, it is because of the opportunities that allow us to discover.
93. Do not be intimidated by the opinions of others, because only mediocrity is sure of itself
The idea of hurting yourself by entering a debate with someone does not make any sense.
94. Sorry, but never forget, or you'll get hurt again
We must bear in mind the times that have harmed us, no matter what happens afterwards.
95. The deep desire, the truest one, is to be close to someone
The company and the affection is a source of desire.
96. Intuition is a sudden immersion of the soul within the universal current of life
One of Paulo Coelho's most poetic phrases.
97. There is only one way to learn: through actions
Once again, this writer talks about the need to experience things for oneself.
98. Travel is never a matter of money, but of courage
Another of Paulo Coelho's phrases in which the importance of taking the direction of one's life is emphasized.
99. People want everything to change and, at the same time, they want everything to remain the same
One of the contradictions that characterize us, according to this writer.
100. If it has to fall, let it be from a high place
Even in tragedies there is room for maneuver that allows us to aspire to something.