85 sports phrases for exercising with motivation
The essence of this compilation of sports phrases It can be summarized as "without pain there is no gain".
Motivation is one of the basic ingredients at the time of proposing to exercise. Not only does it help us stay constant when it comes to making the effort, but it also encourages us to set ambitious goals and start those routines that at first may seem almost impossible.
That is why all help when developing motivation should be welcome, and it is good that before doing sports we prepare not only by heating, but also by adopting another mentality. Remembering yourself some of these sports phrases can help us to have that extra motivation we need to give the best of ourselves.
Famous appointments for all tastes
Below you can read a selection of phrases for athletes that help to go to the gym or to the training track with better face. But nevertheless, remember that in this same web you can also find other phrases compilations articles and of useful thoughts for other contexts.
- 100 short positive phrases to live the day to day with optimism
- 100 wise phrases to reflect on life
- 50 philosophical phrases pronounced by great thinkers
- 20 phrases about life that will help you be happy
The best phrases for athletes
For your training sessions, nothing better than reading a few sentences about sports and motivation to go inspired to the gym. We start
1. Motivation is what sets you in motion, and habit is what keeps you going.
One of the reflections of Jim Ryun about the process of incorporating an objective into our routine.
2. To be successful, we must first believe that we can
The Greek writings Nikos Kazantzakis he left us a reflection that can also be framed within the category of the best sports phrases for the moment in which we consider whether to start a type of training.
3. Always give your best. What you sow today will bear fruit tomorrow
A reflection of Og Mandino , made so that we do not lose sight of the fact that the positive consequences of what we do may be invisible at first.
4. You are not a loser until you stop trying
Mike Ditka leave this reflection about the relative failures.
5. Accept the challenges so you can feel the euphoria of victory
George S. Patton It gives us a powerful motive to undertake routines that at first only appear to us as something that will make us try too hard.
6. Do not look at the clock, do what it does: keep going
One of the sports phrases with a more lyrical character, it is very easy to come to mind at the right moments.
7. The key to start something is to stop talking and start doing
One of the phrases of Walt Disney best known is also an excellent reflection for the context of sport.
8. The champions continue to play until they do well
A very human way of characterizing the champions of the sport. Its characteristic is not so much to be good as to do the right thing to become it. Phrase of Billie Jean King .
9. Just play, have fun, enjoy the game
A recommendation of Michael Jordan , very suitable for anyone who despite needing motivation to play sports, does not propose to be an elite athlete.
10. You can always be better
One of the sports phrases of the golfer Tiger Woods , about a process of constant improvement that never ends.
11. You can not win until you learn to lose
A phrase of the basketball legend Kareem Abdul-Jabbar . In it, defeat is integrated as part of the process of winning.
12. The more we do, the more we can do
A motivating phrase William Hazlitt that serves to remember the potential that has the development of our objectives.
13. Quality is not an act, but a habit
If we look in the genealogy of sporting and motivating phrases, we will find this reflection of Aristotle between its origins. Although, of course, it is a reflection that goes far beyond the act of motivating.
14. Each strike brings me closer to home run
Babe Ruth he made memorable a reflection soaked in the symbolism of the sport to which he devoted his life.
15. I can, therefore I exist
Simone Weil He turned the famous Cartesian reflection to put willpower and potential at the center of human existence.
16. Act as if what you did marked the difference. He does it
Another of the motivating reflections of William James, one of the pioneers of research in psychology, is also one of the best phrases for athletes.
17. You can not win the person who never gives up
Another appointment of Babe Ruth which characterizes the person who never gives up as someone who has never been defeated.
18. Whatever you do, do it intensely
Robert Henri explains what could be a key to perform at the maximum in sport and in all the challenges of life in general.
19. The most effective way to do it is to do it
A phrase from Amelia Earhat . If it seems obvious, it is because it is. However, having it in mind is very necessary in those moments in which the ramblings and justifications paralyze us.
20. If you fell yesterday, get up today
This is a phrase from H. G. Wells . Other people would even recommend shortening the period between both actions.
21. You create your opportunities looking for them
Shakti Gawain , about the active role that is advisable to maintain to find opportunities of opportunity.
22. Come to deserve your dream
A motivating phrase Octavio Paz , very suitable for athletes.
23. True happiness involves the use of all personal talents and abilities
One of the sports phrases that relates happiness and personal potential when it comes to reaching goals. It's a quote from John W. Gardner .
24. The small feats performed are better than the great deeds planned.
A reflection of Peter Marshall , is also a phrase for athletes who are sometimes assaulted by procrastination.
25. It's always too early to retire
Norman Vince Peale It expresses a very simple idea about what to think when we are looking for any excuse to leave a routine unfinished.
26. Success is the only motivational factor that someone with character needs
A quote from Woody Hayes , links motivation with self-image.
27. Everything is practical
A phrase from one of the soccer champions: Pele . As simple as powerful.
28. If you do not lose, you can not enjoy the victories
One of the sports phrases of one of the tennis references: Rafael Nadal .
29. There is no substitute for hard work
A famous appointment of Thomas Edison that fits perfectly with the sports spirit.
30. To win you need talent, repeat requires character
A reflection of John Wooden , is also a phrase for athletes that relates the achievement of objectives with the ability to be willing to repeat many attempts.
31. It does not matter how slowly you go while you are in constant movement
One of the phrases of Confucius which can be related to the spirit of overcoming necessary in sport.
32. Start where you are, use what you have, do what you can
A sporting and motivating phrase of Arthur Ashe , almost literal interpretation.
33. Every noble task seems impossible at first
A phrase from Thomas Carlye to have an account in the first moments in which we face a new challenge.
34. The beginning is the most important moment of work
A phrase attributed to Plato and that besides having historical value, is very motivating.
35. If you go step by step and with confidence, you can go far
A phrase from Diego Armando Maradona , in which emphasis is placed on the importance of combining short-term thinking to achieve immediate objectives, and long-term thinking to think about goals in a big way.
36. It always seems impossible until it's done
One of the phrases of Nelson Mandela more remembered, it is also very good to have it in mind at times when you have to make an effort.
37. Targeting goals is the first step in making the invisible visible
A phrase from Tony Robbins very appropriate when setting concrete goals in the context of sport.
38. Go for it now. The future is not promised to anyone
This sentence of Wyne Dyer It may not seem too optimistic, but it is motivating and adequate to turn our plans into immediate action.
39. The records are to be exceeded
A phrase from Michael Schumacher to take challenges with attitude.
40. The harder the victory, the greater the satisfaction of winning
Another of the sports phrases of Pele ; It serves to see the good part of the sacrifices of the present.
41. We can not build a reputation based on what we are going to do
Henry Ford points out the importance of facts over words.
42. Pursue a great decisive goal with strength and determination
A quote from Carl von Clausewitz . If the goal is impressive, the efforts to achieve it also have to be.
43. Even if you fall on your face, you keep moving forward
Viktor Kiam , about why we should not fear failures.
44. Set high goals and do not stop until you reach them
A phrase from Bo Jackson , about the appropriateness of setting targets upwards.
45. You can not put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get
A phrase for athletes on behalf of Michael Phelps , one of the swimming champions.
46. A mint is a dream with an expiration date
Napoleon Hill leave this reflection for us to see the meaning of the term "goal" in a broader and optimistic way
47When something is important enough, you do it even if the possibilities are not in your favor
Elon Musk It puts a passionate nuance to the pursuit of relevant goals for oneself in one of the sports phrases in which it appeals more to feelings.
48. If you are afraid of failure you do not deserve success
The basketball player Charles Barkley leave this phrase for athletes who think too much about the worst possible scenario.
49. Step by step and the process is complete
Charles Atlas , about the good of setting short-term goals, also when exercising.
50. When one should, one can
A reflection of Charlotte Whitton , also has a reading about the good of "self-obligate" to meet objectives.
51. When you have something to prove, there is nothing better than a challenge
The former quarterback Terry Bradshaw exposes in this sports phrase his positive vision about the challenges.
52. Persistence can transform a failure into an extraordinary achievement
The football coach Marv Levy leave this phrase for athletes that deals with the appropriateness of thinking big when aspiring to a difficult goal.
53. The good is not good if it is expected
The sports commentator Vin Scully It encourages us to set our goals in a high place and always go a little beyond what we thought we could do.
54. If you have everything under control, you are not moving fast enough
The racing car driver Mario Andretti , about the need to go out of the comfort zone.
55. Age is not a barrier, but a limitation that you put to your mind
The American athlete Jackie Joyner-Kersee talk here about the way in which we should relativize the importance of age when assessing our potential.
56. No one who has given the best of himself has ever regretted it
George Halas He made this phrase memorable about the good of maximizing one's performance.
57. The mentality is the limit
Arnold Schwarzenegger , about the broad potential that each athlete has reserved for himself.
58. If you train enough, not only will you harden, but also you will be hard to defeat
Herschel Walker , about the double gain that comes with hard training and perfecting technique in a sport.
59. Do not let what you can not do interfere with what you can do
The basketball coach John Wooden He left one of those phrases for athletes that serve to destroy the excuses.
60. I have learned that with each defeat something constructive comes
Tom Landry , about the way in which we must appreciate and recognize the usefulness of defeats.
61. The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle
An anonymous reflection on the importance of practicing well before the decisive moment arrives.
62. The best motivation always comes from within
63. You have to wait for things from yourself before you get them
One of the sports phrases of the mythical Michael Jordan.
64. Winning is not everything, but making the effort to win yes is
Vince Lombardi talks about the need to have a purpose that leads us to strive.
65. If you can believe in it, your mind can reach it
Former American football player Ronnie Lott offers this reflection on self-improvement capabilities.
66. Never give up
A very simple idea expressed in this way by basketball coach Jim Valvano.
67. A trophy accumulates dust, but memories always remain
A motivating reflection of Mary Lou Retton.
68. An athlete can not run with money in his pockets, but with hope in his heart and dreams in his head
Nice contribution from the Czech athlete Emil Zátopek.
69. Continued effort, and not intelligence or strength, is the key to success
Liane Cardes thinks about the main ingredient of excellence.
70. A champion is someone who gets up when he can not
Jack Dempsey, about the effort and experience of personal sacrifice .
71. What characterizes great players is that they remain determined in difficult situations
John McEnroe talks about the need to keep a cool head in stressful times.
72. What you have to do with mistakes: recognize them, admit them, learn from them, forget about them
Dean Smith drew that lesson from his experience as a basketball coach.
73. The will is a muscle that needs to be exercised, just like the rest
Lynn Jennings reflects on the psychological needs that make a good athlete.
74. Victory is something that is built physically and psychologically every day that you train and every night that you dream
One of the sports phrases of the former football player Emmitt Smith.
75. The good is not good when the best is
Another reflections about the need to set ambitious goals to grow.
76. The way in which a team works as a team determines its success
Another one of the motivating sports phrases of Babe Ruth , in this case emphasizing the need to face challenges collectively.
77Treat a person as he is, and he will remain that way; treat it as it could be, and it will be transformed into what it should be
This phrase by Jimmy Johnson reminds us of the hidden potential and how easy it is often to free it.
78. Sport creates a bond between people who last a lifetime
This statement, issued by the former basketball player Bob Cousy, talks about the ties of complicity and solidarity that the sport is capable of driving both outside and inside the field.
79. If it's not a challenge, it will not change you
A motivating phrase from Fred DeVito
80. Adversity causes some people to break and others break records
William Arthur Ward understands difficulties as a means through which you can grow.
81. If you fail to prepare, prepare to fail
An aphorism by Mark Spitz.
82. Only who can see the invisible can do the impossible
Frank L. Gaines talks about the power of seeing the hidden potentialities and opportunities.
83. It is not the will to win what matters, but the will to prepare
Everyone wants to win , but not all act in a manner consistent with that idea. A phrase from Paul "Bear" Bryant.
84. The experience is a hard teacher because first offers the test and then the lesson
An ingenious reflection of former baseball player Vernon Law.
85. Sport has as a social function to offer vivid examples of excellence
George F. Will offers this idea about the inspiring power of sports.