The best 40 phrases of Rap and Hip Hop
Are you a lover of Rap music and Hip Hop culture? This musical and aesthetic current was born in New York in the years in the 70s. Mainly, it was led by African-Americans who lived repressed by a racist and inequitable society.
Over the years, this lifestyle was gaining ground. That's how graffiti, break-dance and rap were born.
Famous phrases and verses of rap
From the first representatives of this subculture, such as MC Hummer, Grandmaster Flash or RUN DMC, going by idols like 2Pac or Notorious Big and reaching contemporary rappers like Eminem, 50 Cent or Snoop Dogg, the truth is that rap has been gaining ground .
The torn lyrics and social protest of these rappers has been cementing a hard aesthetic, with explicit lyrics that put in check the political and ethical system of capitalist society.
In this article we have compiled the best phrases of Rap and Hip Hop culture . They are famous quotes and verses of different rappers, Spanish and international, that attest to their critical thinking.
- "The 70 best phrases of rapper Kase.O"
- "The 32 best phrases of rapper Nach"
- "72 phrases about music for music lovers like you"
1. Spain is dead, to see if it wakes up. The solution? Blow up the planet ... (Sho-Hai)
A sample of innate pessimism on the part of Saragossa rapper Sergio Rodríguez.
2. God gave you the shoes of your size, so wear them and wear them. Be yourself and be proud to be like that. And although it sounds corny, never let them say that you are not beautiful. (Eminem)
The MC from Detroit leaves us valuable reflections and phrases about self-esteem.
3. There is great potential that is not used in places like South Central, a lot of bright, intelligent people who simply do not have that opportunity to prove it. (Ice Cube)
It is not only a matter of owning talent, but also of having the social conditions so that this talent can be expressed and valued.
4. People with a career serving hamburgers? A decent job, yes, but it does not compensate. (Sho-Hai)
One of the injustices of the Spanish economic system: highly educated people who end up working in jobs with low added value.
7. Look, if you had only one shot, an opportunity to get everything you ever wanted, in a moment, would you capture it or let it escape? (Eminem)
Another phrase of Marshall Matters that exhorts us to take advantage of every opportunity that life offers us.
8. Do not worry about being a star, worry about doing a good job, and all the best will come to you. (Ice Cube)
To be known, move before being the best in yours.
9. The approach that the music industry took to fighting piracy is the wrong strategy. (MC Hammer)
A reflection on piracy and intellectual property.
10. Money is the answer to 99.9 percent of the questions. (Vanilla Sky)
Unfortunately, this is our society.
11. I do not respect anyone who thinks he is my boss. (Hitman)
The leader of the Malaga group Hablando en Plata has clear freedom, and is willing to exercise it.
12. It's not a want and I can not, it's a can and I've done it. (Frank T)
The Spanish MC demonstrates song after song its steel mood.
13. For a sincere I love you I die for you every time I do not feel you, I swear that your love was my breath. (Rapsusklei)
Rapsusklei leaves verses that are pure poetry.
14. Criticize my life when yours is an example. (DuoKie)
No one is entitled to criticize others if it is not a clear example of morality.
15. A lie and I question all your truths. (Kase.O)
Just a falsehood to question all the past.
16. Who does not have a plug is a buffoon in this fiefdom; where God has two names, one is a dollar and another is a euro. (Nach)
The rapper from Alicante has lyrics full of social criticism.
17. Your eardrums receive decibel discharges because the respect I have for the laws of silence is imperishable. (Hitman)
Another famous verse of the Andalusian rapper.
18. Smoking marijuana does not make you a bad person. Not doing it does not make you good. (Wiz Khalifa)
A reflection on drugs and individual freedom.
19. For me, the seventies were very inspiring and very influential ... Like Snoop Dogg, as a person and as a rapper. I love the seventies style, the way in which all [basketball] players dressed, you know, combing it with extreme care, driving sports cars ... (Snoop Dogg)
A phrase from the Californian rapper that transpires nostalgia.
20. Remember who is good for you, who gives you and who does not have, who knows what you want and respects your way of being. (Tito)
The Catalan rapper, member of Falsalarma, leaves us this valuable reflection.
twenty-one.The universe that is my grandfather, told me that after that duel, I came to Earth and the Sun stayed in heaven. (Kase.O)
22. I have changed, neither fool nor ready ... if you trust God it is because you distrust yourselves. (Xhelazz)
Another Aragonese rapper, Xhelazz, reminds us of Jung and his "overcompensation of doubt".
23. I will die like everyone else but I will live like only a few because I refuse to be just another. (Chojin)
A rap phrase that reminds us to take advantage of life.
24. Sometimes the questioner is smarter than the one who has answers for everything. (Lyrical)
David Gilaberte, member of Violadores del Verso, in an ode to skepticism and humility.
25. The sound of the 90s, for me, is a combination of the soul and the street: it is a feeling. (Nas)
The New Yorker recalls the style and sound of the late twentieth century.
26. Whoever manages to understand me will be able to dominate me because I do not even understand myself. (Lil Wayne)
A rap phrase that shows us the madness and stress of these microphone artists.
27. I know what it is to give the stick, I have received sticks, in this neighborhood everyone knows who the bad guys are ... (Noult)
The Badalona rapper talks about his hometown.
28. I am the voice of the neighborhood, glamor of the outskirts, I skip the hours and I smoke until I burn my lip. (Zatu)
The leader of SFDK talks about Pino Montano, a popular Sevillian neighborhood.
29. We all have fears, no doubt, and facing them has always been the best aid. (The Pieces)
The rap explains, with famous phrases like this, that the best medicine is to draw strength from weakness to face our phobias.
30. I felt young but one day I woke up, the first time a child on the street told me about you, I stopped for a second and thought: it does not matter how old I am, I do not plan to grow old. (Zatu)
A declaration of intentions.
31. That there is not a woman who has to hide with makeup that at home has the devil as a husband! (Rayden)
The rapper from Madrid, against gender violence.
32. We all have dependencies but not all of us know how to satisfy them, and that is where my self-destruction begins. (Valtonyc)
The Mallorcan communist rapper Josep Miquel Arenas, talking about addictions and vices.
33. Isolation is the reward, reward to thought. (Rafael Lechowski)
A poetic phrase of the Saragossa rapper.
34. Open the landing gear and stop the world, let me down. That it gives me work and courage to make a trip with more ties than shortcuts. (Rayden)
The old MC of Atresbandas gives us this sad verse.
35. I can believe God if I write a new verse, but tell me who I am in proportion to the universe. (Rafael Lechowski)
A phrase that opposes feelings of greatness with insignificance.
36. Millions of joys and sorrows, and among millions of people there is always one that fills you. (Shotta)
The Sevillian MC, brother of ToteKing, in a phrase about love and the search for the loved one.
37. Blind of myself yes, of my egocentrism, but I feel for the rhythm a powerful magnetism ... (Kase.O)
Another famous verse that is considered by many as the best MC in the language of Cervantes.
38. Eyes that do not see, heart feels double. (Able)
The brutal rapper of Hablando en Plata, in a date that invites us to reflect.
39. I fill the bottle while I look at the stars and I think you never trust them or theirs ... (ToteKing)
Both men and women have a lot to be silent about how we relate romantically.
40. I said: Ride that I take you to the sun, he told me: What nonsense, you will burn! I told him that I did not think to go by day and laughed ... (ElPhomega)
A phrase of deep rap of hand of the Andalusian rapper.