100 inspiring and motivating phrases in English
We all have goals, objectives and illusions that keep us alive. Those dreams that we fight for daily. But, sometimes, it is not always easy to follow the gun and we have to remind ourselves what differentiates successful people from those who are not.
There are many famous people who have pronounced or written phrases full of motivating meaning throughout history. Short phrases that, despite their apparent simplicity, say a lot and have a great inspiring power, because they are capable of deluding us in an instant.Related article: "60 motivating phrases to focus on success"
Motivating phrases in English
Along the following lines you can find a list of motivating and inspiring phrases in English , so you can remind yourself what motivates you, or use them as a "WhatsApp" or "Facebook" status. Do not miss it!
1. The best way to predict the future is to invent itTranslation: The best way to predict the future is to create it
Alan Kay he reminds us that each one is an engineer of his destiny. We ourselves build our future.
2. Things work out best for those who make the best of how things work outTranslation: Things work best for those who get the most out of how things turn out
A phrase from John Wooden . Life sometimes does not go as we wanted, but if we know how to take advantage of these experiences, we can use them to our advantage to grow and improve.
3. To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrongTranslation: To live a creative life, we must lose the fear of being wrong
Many people are afraid of uncertainty and are not able to leave their place of comfort. In this way, they will never be creative.
4. If you are not willing to risk the usual you will have to settle for the ordinaryTranslation: If you are not willing to risk the usual, you will have to settle for the ordinary
A phrase from Jim Rohn . Great things happen when we take risks and abandon comfort.
5. Trust because you are willing to accept the risk, not because it's safe or certainTranslation: Trust because you are willing to accept the risk, not because it is safe or accurate
Accept the true risk to achieve your goals. Nobody is going to give you anything .
6. Eighty percent of success is showing upTranslation: 80% of success is to appear
A phrase with a touch of irony. As usual in Woody Allen . To achieve things you have to move and act.
7. I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that will not workTranslation: I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that do not work
Another ironic phrase about motivation. Errors serve to learn and improve, it reminds us Thomas A. Edison .
8. If you do what you always did, you will get what you always gotTranslation: If you do what you have always done, you will obtain what you have always obtained
To achieve new and exciting things you have to change habits and the way you act.
9. Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasmTranslate: Success consists of going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm
It is easy to collapse in the face of failure. The winners get up and continue fighting as many times as necessary. A phrase from Winston Churchill .
10. If opportunity does not knock, build a doorTranslation: If the opportunity does not call, build a door
Nobody is going to give you anything in this life. If you want something with all your strength, fight for it every day.
11. The dreamers are the saviors of the worldTranslation: Dreamers are the saviors of the world
Ordinary people think like the vast majority. James Allen It reminds us that special people are those who dream daydreams.
12. You can not have a positive life and a negative mindTranslation: You can not have a positive mind and a negative mind
It is impossible to have a positive mindset if you have a negative mind. So think positive and eat the world.
13. With love and patience, nothing is impossibleTranslation: With love and patience, nothing is impossible
Love and patience are two of the essential values of authentic successful people in life.
14. There are no shortcuts to any place worth goingTranslation: There are no shortcuts to any place worth going
Shortcuts are not good if you want to do things well and achieve your goals. Step by step you will achieve your goals if you work daily
15. Who seeks shall findTranslation: The one who seeks finds
This phrase of Sophocles is similar to another popular phrase: "Whoever follows it gets it".
16. A goal is a dream with a deadlineTranslation: A goal is a dream with a deadline
A nice phrase from Napoleon Hill . The objectives are dreams that one day can be achieved.
17. The best dreams happen when you're awakeTranslation: The best dreams happen when you are awake
Fantasies are fine, but there is nothing like wanting something and reaching it.
18. Trust in dreams, for in them is hidden the gate to eternityTranslation: Trust dreams, because in them lies the key to eternity
It is impossible to be happy if we do not fight or achieve our wishes. A phrase from Khalil Gibran .
19. Happiness is when you think, what do you say, and what do you do in harmonyHappiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony
A great phrase Mahatma Gandhi, which reminds us one of the great truths of personal development.
20. Believe and act as if it were impossible to failTranslate: Create and act as if it were impossible to fail
Another of the principles of personal development is to leave behind limiting beliefs. Believing that it is possible is the way to success.
21. Do not count the days, make the days countTranslation: Do not count the days, make the days count
Make each day a special day. To achieve the objectives you also have to live in the present and enjoy it.
22. If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permissionTranslation: If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
They are your dreams. So do not ask anyone's permission to fight for them. Nobody will make you happier than you achieve them.
23. Always turn to negative situation into a positive situationTranslation: Always convert a negative situation into a positive one
Michael Jordan , the legendary star of the NBA, reminds us that failures are a normal part of life. You have to know how to take advantage of them.
24. The most effective way to do it, is to do it
Translation: The most effective way to do it is to do it
A phrase by Amelia Earhart. To achieve the goals, we must act.
25. When you do what you fear most, then you can do anythingTranslation: When you do what you fear most, then you can do anything
When you overcome your great fears, there are no impossible.
26. No pain, no gainTranslation: No pain no reward
A mythical phrase used by athletes. To achieve the goals, you have to work hard.
27. A man is but the product of his thoughts what he thinks, he becomesTranslation: A man is nothing other than the product of his thoughts, what he thinks is what he becomes
Another great phrase from Mahatma Gandhi . Our own mind is of great importance in achieving success, because limiting beliefs are great obstacles. Let's think positive.
28. A day of worry is more than a week of workTranslate: A day of worry is more exhausting than a week of work
A phrase from John Lubbock . Like the previous one, it also reminds us that we have to think positive, because thinking negative is very exhausting.
29. Make each day your masterpieceTranslation: Make your masterpiece every day
A phrase from John Wooden . Work every day to achieve your great work.
30. If you have everything under control, you're not moving fast enoughTranslation: If you have everything under control, you do not move fast enough
Another ironic phrase about motivation and inspiration. You have to do different things to get different results.
31. If there is no struggle, there is no progressTranslation: If there is no struggle there is progress
A phrase from Frederick Douglass , similar to the phrase "no pain, no gain".
32. It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the lightTranslation: It is during our darkest moments when we must focus to see the light
A phrase of the Greek philosopher Aristotle . The difficult moments serve to learn and reflect.
33. Without hard work, nothing grows but weedsTranslation: Without hard work, nothing grows except weeds
Without effort and hard work, the rewards do not arrive. You have to give a little each day to achieve the goals.
34. The power of imagination makes us infiniteTranslation: The power of imagination makes us infinite
A phrase from John Muir which reminds us that imagination is powerful.
35. Never let your memories be bigger than your dreamsTranslation: Never let your memories be greater than your dreams
To achieve great goals, think big. If you really want it, fight for it.
36. Do not raise your voice, improve your argumentTranslation: Do not raise your voice, improve your argument
An inspiring phrase how we should treat others. You have to reason things. Impulsivity is not a good counselor.
37. Try it again. Fail again. Fail betterTranslation: Try again. Fails again. Fails better
Failures are learnings for life. I'm sure the next time you try, you'll have learned the lesson.
38. I attribute my success to this: I never gave or took any excuseTranslation: I attribute my success to this: I never make excuses
We must move forward despite the adversities. And most importantly, be realistic and do not look for excuses.
39We become what we think aboutTranslation: We are what we think
What we think has an effect on our behavior. If we think positive, our attitude will be positive.
40. We know what we are, but we know not what we may beTranslation: We know what we are, but not what we could be
This sentence of William Shakespeare It makes reference to that we are the ones who decide what we want to be.
41. You must do the things you think you can not doTranslation: You must do the things you think you can not do
A phrase from Eleanor Roosevelt . If you want to learn and grow, do different things. Things you are not used to doing.
42. Well done is better than well saidTranslation: Well done is better than well said
For Benjamin Franklin When you have a goal, you have to carry it out. Words are useless. The important thing is the action.
43. Once you choose hope, anything's possibleTranslation: When you choose hope, everything is possible
They say that hope is the last thing that is lost. The same thinks Christopher Reeve with this phrase.
44. I would rather die of passion than of boredomTranslation: I prefer to die of passion than of boredom
The artist Vincent van Gogh One day he left us this sentence for the story. Better to give everything for a good cause than to sit around doing nothing.
45. Change your thoughts and you change your worldTranslation: Change your thoughts and change your world
Which means Norman Vincent Peale with this phrase is that our thoughts determine how we act.
46. Enthusiasm moves the worldTranslation: Enthusiasm moves the world
Arthur Balfour He expresses with this phrase that there is nothing better to act than to be enthusiastic.
47. All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue themTranslation: All our dreams can become reality if we have the courage to persecute them
Great phrase of the emblematic Walt Disney . Courage is essential to move forward in difficult times.
48. Do not judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plantTranslation: Do not judge every day by what you harvest, but by the seeds that you sow
Achieving the objectives or achieving the goals is the result of daily work.
49. It is by acts and not by ideas that people liveTranslation: People live by acts, not by ideas
What makes the difference is not having many ideas, but carrying them out and materializing them.
50. If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at changeTranslation: If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change
The expert in positive psychology, Wayne Dyer , affirms with this phrase that if we change our way of thinking, our attitudes and how we see the world will also change.
51. I will go anywhere as long as it is forwardTranslation: I will go anywhere, as long as it is forward
This sentence of David Livingston It is similar to the phrase: "Do not look back or to gain momentum".
52. The creation of a thousand forests is in one acornTranslation: The creation of a thousand forests is in an acorn
The objectives are achieved with the work of each day, affirms Ralph Waldo Emerson .
53. Everything you can imagine is realTranslation: Everything you can imagine is real
A phrase from Pablo Picasso . To what you visualize, you can achieve it if you dedicate yourself to it.
54. Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourselfTranslation: Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself
You create your life with your effort. So get to work on it.
55. Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that countsTranslation: Success is not the end, failure is not fatal: the courage to continue what counts
A phrase for the history of Winston Churchill . Falling is not the end of the world, as long as you have the courage to continue.
56. You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enoughTranslation: You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough
You have to strive for what you want because we will not have more opportunities to do it.
57. We live with the scars we chooseTranslation: We live with the scars that we choose
We decide what affects us and what does not when it comes to moving forward.
58. Opportunities do not happen, you create themTranslation: Opportunities do not happen, you create them
The opportunities do not come alone, we are the ones who have to look for them.
59. Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss peopleTranslation: Great minds argue over ideas: ordinary minds argue over events, small minds argue over people
A phrase pronounced by Eleanor Roosevelt about what makes intelligent people different.
60. Good things come to people who wait, but better things come to those who go out and get themTranslation: Good things come to the people who wait, but better things come to the people who go out to look for them
Patience is a quality that makes us great.But going out to fight for our goals makes us huge.
61. No one can make you feel inferior without your consentTranslation: No one can make you feel inferior without your consent
Another phrase from Eleanor Roosevelt . We can decide what affects us.
62. The ones who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who doTranslation: Those who are so crazy to think that they can change the world, are the ones who change it
Think big means leave the norm and think differently.
63. The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by successTranslation: The distance between madness and genius is measured only with success
Many great people have something that makes them special and different. Success takes you from madness to being admired.
64. No masterpiece was ever created by a lazy artistTranslation: No work of art was ever created by a lazy artist
Work and effort pay off in the long run.
65. If you can not explain it, you do not understand it well enoughTranslation: If you can not explain it in a simple way, you did not understand it enough
The great Albert Einstein . Only if we are able to teach someone something is that we understand it.
66. Do one thing every day that scares youTranslation: Do something that scares you every day
A phrase that expresses the importance of daily work and perseverance.
67. What's the point of being alive if you do not at least try to do something remarkableTranslation: What is the purpose of being alive if you do not try to do something memorable
The most beautiful thing in this life is to fight for what makes you happy and makes you be alive.
68. Your problem is not the problem. Your reaction is the problemTranslation: Your problem is not the problem. Your reaction is the problem
Another motivating phrase that talks about limiting beliefs.
69. Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a followerTranslation: Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower
Steve Jobs , the founder of Apple. Innovation is an essential characteristic of good leaders.
70. There are two types of people who will tell you that you can not make a difference in this world: those who are afraid to try and those who are afraid you will succeedTranslation: There are two types of people who will tell you that you can not make a difference in this world: those who are afraid to try and those who are afraid of your success
Do not listen to what they tell you. Be true to your dreams, because who will make you happy is you.
71. I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to haveTranslation: I realize that the more I work, the more luck I have
Another phrase about persistence and hard work. If you do not play, you do not win.
72. Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day-in and day-outSuccess is the sum of small efforts, repeated every day
Phrase of Robert Collier . Daily work is the key to success. The continuous efforts make the difference.
73. All progress takes place outside the comfort zoneTranslate: Progress is outside the comfort zone
The comfort zone may seem like a very comfortable place, but it does not allow you to grow.
74. People often say that motivation does not last. Well, neither does bathing. That's why we recommend it dailyTranslation: Some people say that motivation is not lasting. Well, neither is bathing. That's why we recommend it daily
You have to constantly motivate yourself to keep going despite adversity.
75. The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionaryTranslation: The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary
A phrase from Vidal Sassoon . Success is achieved by working very hard.
76. Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fearsTranslation: Many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears
It is not emotionally healthy to live life with fears and without fighting for what one wants.
77. It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you seeTranslation: What matters is not what you see, but what you see
It is not the events themselves that affect you, but how you perceive them.
78. Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do itTranslation: Success is loving yourself, loving what you do and loving how you do it
Real success is not in material things. But to achieve the things that one desires from the heart.
79. Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflectTranslation: When you are on the side of the majority, it is time to stop and reflect
A phrase from Mark Twain . When you follow the same path as the others. Stop to think if you are really following your dreams.
80. If you genuinely want something, do not wait for it. Teach yourself to be impatientTranslation: If you want something in a genuine way. Teach yourself to be impatient.
One must know what it is that motivates him, regardless of what motivates the rest of society.Education, many times, does not take into account the real talent, creativity or what people are passionate about.
81. There is only one happiness in this life, to love and to be lovedTranslation: There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved
George Sand, about the need to love and be loved to create happiness.
82. The measure of who we are is what we do with what we haveTranslation: What we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi, in one of his reflections about the individual identity.
83. A smile is happiness that you will find under your noseTranslation: A smile is happiness that you will find under your nose
Something as simple as smiling can make a difference. One of the most inspiring English phrases, whose author is Tom Wilson.
84. Success is where preparation and opportunity to meetTranslation: Success is where preparation and opportunity come together
Bobby Unser points out the need to take into account the two ingredients of success: elk that we can control and the one that can not.
85. You can not have a positive life and a negative mindTranslation: You can not have a positive life and a negative mind
Joyce Meyer talks about the need to start creating a better life based on our ideas.
86. Success in management requires learning as fast as the world is changingTranslation: Success in management requires learning as quickly as the world changes
Warren Bennis understands progress as a process of constant learning.
87. The best way to pay for a lovely moment is to enjoy itTranslation: The best way to pay for a great time is to enjoy it
Enjoy the moment is the best appreciation of the most special moments. A reflection by Richard Bach.
88. The secret of your success is determined by your daily agendaTranslation: The secret of success is determined by our day-to-day agenda.
Long-term successes are built on custom. A phrase by John C. Maxwell.
89. Keep your face always towards the sunshine and shadows will fall behind youTranslation: Keep your face always towards the light of the Sun, and the shadows will fall to your back
Walt Whitman talks about the posder who may suppose having a positive outlook on things.
90. Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdomTranslation: Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom
Thomas Jefferson emphasizes the importance of intellectual honesty.
91. Turn your wounds into wisdomTranslation: Transform your wounds into wisdom
Oprah Winfrey talks about resilience.
92. If you have not criticized you'll likely have no successTranslation: If you do not have critics you probably will not succeed
Malcolm X, about a curious symptom that is progressing. the critics.
93. Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloudTranslation: try to be the rainbow in another person's cloud
Making someone happy is good for creating shared well-being. A reflection of Maya Angelou.
94. It's in your moments of decision that your destiny is shapedTranslation: It is at your moments of decision that your destiny adopts its form
A phrase by Tony Robbins about the way in which we create our future based on our choices.
95. It's not what you look at what matters, it's what you seeTranslation: It is not what you look at that matters, but what you see
Henry David Thoreau, in one of his inspiring reflections on the power of the imagination.
96. Start wide, expand further, and never look backTranslation: Start with amplitude, expand beyond and never look back
A poetic phrase by Arnold Schwarzenegger about personal growth.
97. Always seek out the seed of triumph in every adversityTranslation: Always seek the seed of triumph in every adversity
Also in the darkest moments there are potentialities. One of the most motivating English phrases by Og Mandino
98. You always have two choices: your commitment versus your fearTranslation: You always have two options: your commitment against your fear
Sammy Davis, Jr. emphasizes conflicts of interest that may exist in oneself.
99. The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreamsTranslation: The greatest adventure you can embark on is living the life of your dreams
Oprah Winfrey points out the courage that is needed to carry out the dreams.
100. Light tomorrow with today!Translation: Light up tomorrow with today!
Elizabeth Barrett Browning talks about the possibilities of finding answers to the future in the present.