13 Aztec proverbs and their meaning
Today we have a selection of Aztec Proverbs to share . In this case we have chosen a series of proverbs and their meanings so that you can better understand what they mean and what their origin is.
We hope you like these Aztec proverbs.
Aztec Proverbs and interpretation of each
Next we are going to know these proverbs. Under each one you have an explanation about its meaning.
1. Ca diidxagola nacacani 'biaani' sti diidxa
Proverbs are the lamps of words.
2. Sha ni hruniná bidó 'la bicaa gui bele, ne stobi that caya'qui luni
The heretic is not the one who burns at the stake, but the one who ignites it.
3. Paracala'dxu 'gapu' bidxichi, cadi uquiindela'dxu.
If you want to be rich, do not have any wishes.
4. Ora güilu 'diidxa saaniru guinabadiidxu' oraque ... gucaadia'gu.
To talk, ask first, then ... listen.
5. Ti xcaanda: ga'ca shisha sicarú ni qui huayuu, guiuuni ti biine'ni.
An aspiration: to make something beautiful that did not exist, exist for me.
6. Hrunadiága 'ne hrusiá'nda', hrúuya 'ne hriétenaladxe', hrune 'ne hriziide'.
I listen and forget, I see and remember, I do and I learn.
7. Guidxilayú hri stilu ni, hriquiiñesi ucaalúlu 'ti gánda icaaluni'.
The world is yours, but you have to earn it.
8. Nisa hri dxi 'biraru' mani dushu 'dxaa ndani'.
Stagnant water, harmful germs contain.
Aztec Proverbs about life
What reflections about life did the Aztecs leave us?
9. Ti nou 'dxiña, ti nou' guídi '.
A soft hand, and a firm hand.
10. Dechesi le ', laacasi ndani' le '.
Behind the fence, it's still inside the fence
11. Niru zasaalu 'guirá' shisha neza guidxilayú ti ganda guidxelu 'lii.
First you will travel all the roads of this world before you find yourself
12. Tila bidó 'gusiga'de' chu 'dxi' ladxidua'ya 'ti guicaa' shisha ni qui zánda gucha '; gudí gucaaluá 'ti gánda gucha' or zánda ne guendabiaani 'ti guuya' shilaa.
May God grant me serenity to accept the things that I can not change; courage to change what I can and wisdom to see the difference.
13. Zunibiá'lu ti binnihuati and shoopa diidxarí: ne gastisi hridxi'chi, hriníhuati ne gasti 'hricaa, neca gucha' quirié xneza, neca cadi caquiiñe hrinabadiidxa, hruzanastiidxa lu dxu 'ni qui hrunibiá, ne hridxelú' na naanala'dxi la ne ne
Six ways to recognize the fool: he gets angry for no reason, speaks without meaning and without profit, changes without progress, asks without reason, puts all his trust in a stranger, and confuses his enemies with their friends.
We hope you liked these Aztec Proverbs . Regards and until next time!