85 inspirational quotes from Charles Chaplin 'Charlot'
Charles Spencer Chaplin , better known as Charles Chaplin, is one of the best-known figures of the 20th century. He will always be remembered as one of the first celebrities in the cinema.
As creator of Charlot, Chaplin stood out for being a comedian who marked an era. For history it leaves us great works as The great Dictator or Footlights, films that can not miss in the collection of moviegoers.
85 inspirational quotes from Charles Chaplin
Chaplin was always a great defender of liberties and fought against Nazism from its origins. While he lived, he left great phrases and reflections for the memory . Phrases about life, philosophical phrases, phrases that, even today, will serve as inspiration.
In the following lines you can find a compilation of the best phrases of Charles Chaplin. Enjoy them!
1. Look closely, life is a tragedy, but seen from afar, it seems like a comedy
A phrase with rhyme. Talk about how complicated life can sometimes be .
2. Life is no longer a joke for me; I do not see grace
Another phrase with humor, but that speaks of sadness.
3. The worst thing about you is that you refuse to fight, you give up, you only think about illness and death. But there is something as inevitable as death and it is life!
A positive phrase of Charles Chaplin. Seeing things from the dark side is limiting.
4. I believe that faith is a forerunner of all our ideas. Without faith, I could never have evolved hypothesis, theory, science or mathematics.
A famous quote about faith and the evolution of human thought.
5. Life is a play that does not allow rehearsals; that's why he sings, laughs, dances, cries and lives intensely every moment of your life ... before the curtain goes down and the work ends without applause
A comparison between life and theater . The first does not have a written script, nor is it rehearsed.
6. I believe that faith is an extension of the mind. It is the key that denies the impossible. To deny faith is to refute oneself and the spirit that generates all our creative forces. My faith is in the unknown, in everything that does not understand the reason
Talk about faith and reason.
7. We are all amateurs. Life is so short that it does not stop for more
Life is short , so you have to enjoy it.
8. At the end of the day, everything is a joke
Better to make life a joke than to stay anchored in the negative.
9. As a man gets older, he wants to live deeply. A feeling of sad dignity invades his soul, and this is fatal for a comedian
When we feel deeply, we also cling to sadness.
10. By simple common sense I do not believe in God, in none
A phrase that expresses Chaplin's opinion about religion
11. Happiness ... does it exist? where? When I was a child I complained to my father because he had no toys and he responded by pointing to his forehead with his index finger: This is the best toy that has been created. Everything is here. There is the secret of our happiness.
Chaplin reveals, in his opinion, the secret of happiness.
12. I am in favor of the people. I can not help it
Humans are complicated. But we are human.
13. Dictators are liberated but they enslave people
Charles Chaplin criticizing dictators during the Nazi era.
14. My sin was and still is, being a nonconformist
Chaplin claims to be a sinner because he did not settle for little.
15. The bad thing about being old is that you do not have to defend yourself
Age takes its toll as Charles Chaplin explains.
16. I'm just, I'm still just one thing: a clown. That puts me on a higher plane than any politician
Chaplin says that the clowns are above the politicians .
17. I am not a politician nor do I have political convictions. I am an individual and a believer in freedom. That is all the politics that I have
The best political belief is that which has as its principle the freedom of individuals.
18. Wars, conflicts, everything is business. The numbers sanctify, if you kill a few you are a criminal, if you kill thousands, you are a hero
A phrase that made a lot of sense at the time that Chaplin lived, because he lived in the time of Nazism.
19. I am at peace with God, my conflict is with man
The human being can become really bad explains Charles Chaplin.
20. Look Hannah, look to the sky! The soul of man has been given wings, and is flying towards the rainbow and the light of hope
A phrase that refers to freedom and hope.
21. In the light of our egos, we are all dethroned monarchs
A phrase by Charles Chaplin that invites to reflect on the ego .
22. We all want to help each other. Human beings are like that.We want to live with the happiness of the other, not the misery of others
A phrase by Chaplin that talks about altruism and how human beings help each other.
23. Life is not meaning; life is desire
We all want many things in life. Desire is life itself .
24. I already forgive almost unforgivable mistakes, I tried to substitute irreplaceable people and forget unforgettable people
When you can not forget those who have hurt you.
25. Smile even if your heart hurts. Smile even if you have it broken. Although there are clouds in the sky you will get it, if you smile despite the fear and pain. Smile and maybe tomorrow you will see the sun shining for you
Even if it's wrong, you have to smile. Do not let sadness invade you .
26. To really laugh, you must be able to take your pain, and play with it!
Controlling pain and emotions is one of the principles to be happy.
27. Laugh and the world will laugh with you; She cries and the world, turning her back on you, will let you cry
When you have a positive attitude, the world rolls around you.
28. My pain may be the reason for someone's laughter, but laughter should not be the reason for someone's pain
A phrase by Charles Chaplin with a certain irony that invites you to think.
29. Laughter is a tonic, a relief, a respite that allows to appease the pain
Laughter and pain are incompatible . That's why you have to laugh often.
30. Never forget to smile, because the day you do not smile, it will be a lost day
If we show sad all day, we will feel sad. You have to smile.
31. When I began to love myself it seemed to me that the anguish and emotional suffering are just warning signs that I was living against my own truth. Today, I know, it's about "authenticity"
Sometimes it costs to love oneself, but it is the way to well-being.
32. You have to believe in yourself, there is the secret. Even when I was in the orphanage and I walked the streets looking for what to eat to live, even then, I considered myself the greatest actor in the world. Without absolute self-confidence, one is destined to fail
Self-confidence is the key to success in every way.
33. Be you, and try to be happy, but above all, be you
Being yourself is the path to happiness. So you have to be yourself.
34. Look up at the sky, you will never find the rainbow if you are always looking down
You have to go with your head held high , even in bad times.
35. I am what I am: an individual, unique and different
A phrase by Chaplin about individual differences.
36. There is nothing permanent in this evil world. Not even our problems
The problems do not remain forever, so you do not have to recreate them.
37. Words are cheap. The biggest thing you can say is elephant
An ironic phrase about the ease of saying things . The authentic thing is to make them.
38. Time is the best author: always find a perfect ending
A phrase about patience and waiting. Time heals all.
39. The saddest thing I can imagine is getting used to the luxury
Chaplin and his aversion to opulent life.
40. Do not wait for your turn to speak; really listen and you will be different
On the importance of listening . Before speaking you have to know how to listen.
41. Learn as if you were going to live your whole life, and live as if you were going to die tomorrow
Life has to be lived with intensity , Because you only live once.
42. To work is to live and I love to live
Work is health , work gives meaning to life. To work is to live.
43. Despair is a narcotic: it induces the mind in indifference
Being always with the negative mind harms and paralyzes us.
44. Remember, whenever you can bend over and not pick up anything
A philosophical phrase in the style of this famous character of history.
45. The authentic creator disdains the technique understood as an end and not as a means
A phrase that talks about people who have a creative mentality.
46. The true meaning of things is found by trying to say the same things with other words
When you understand something, then you can explain it in other words.
47. Imagination means nothing without doing
To give life to the imagination, we must act . Otherwise, it will remain in only one thought.
48. Why does poetry have to make sense?
Poetry is an expression of the soul. A proper and profound expression .
49. I always like to walk in the rain, so nobody can see me cry
Walking in the rain, the tears go unnoticed.
50. We think too much, we feel very little
You have to feel more and think less, says Charles Chaplin.
51. Life is wonderful if you are not afraid
Fear does not allow us to live life with all its intensity.
52. You have to have faith in yourself. There lies the secret. Even when I was in the orphanage and I went around the streets looking for something to eat to live, even then, I considered myself the greatest actor in the world.
You have to believe in yourself because if we are not dead . You have to believe in yourself even if you put things against us.
53. Without absolute self-confidence, one is destined to fail.
A phrase similar to the previous one . Self-confidence leads to success.
54. Without having known misery it is impossible to know the luxury
We do not value things if we have not suffered enough in this life.
55. The day that man realizes his mistakes, the progress of science will be over
Humans usually make mistakes. It's part of life .
56. Maybe it was you, but it was not the time
A phrase that exemplifies what we can feel when we love someone but the relationship has not worked
57. When I started to love myself, I freed myself from everything that was not good for my health: people, things, situations and everything that pushed me down
Sometimes, to be happy , you have to change habits and things that hurt you in this life
58. Einstein told Chaplin: "What I have always admired about you is that your art is universal; everyone understands him and admires him. To which Chaplin replied: "His is much more worthy of respect: everyone admires him and virtually nobody understands it.
A phrase by Chaplin about admiration.
59. Fight to live life, to suffer it and to enjoy it ...
Life is a constant struggle . But in this struggle is happiness and sadness.
60. If you do not dream, you will never find what is beyond your dreams
A philosophical phrase that speaks of the importance of setting objectives and dreaming.
61. This is a ruthless world and you have to be ruthless to survive in it
Reflection about the individualism that dominates the way of relating.
62. I hate governments, rules and shackles
Chaplin declared himself an anarchist ideologically.
63. In the end, everything is a gag
Charlie Chaplin compares life with a humorous comic strip, taking epic from the life story.
64. More than cunning, we need kindness
The lack of ethics produces deep crises
65. You will discover that life is worth it if you smile
Something as simple as smiling can make a difference
66. To really laugh, you must be able to get the pain out and play with it
Distancing ourselves from personal dramas makes us stronger
67. Simplicity is something difficult to achieve
The simple, paradoxically, is a challenge if you want to get there.
68. Life greets you when you make others happy
Share happiness positively affects oneself.
69. If I do not write every day, I feel that I do not deserve my food
Charlot talks about his need for improvement and productivity.
70. The true character of a man appears when he is drunk
Disinhibition can bring out honesty.
71. Life is a great thing, even for a jellyfish
The advantages of life are expressed even in the simplest forms of life.
72. The essence of a great actor is that he loves himself by acting
Chaplin reflects on the sensations that characterize the actors .
73. I do not think the public knows what they want
A reflection on the role of the viewer before the work of actors, directors and screenwriters.
74. The mirror is my best friend because it never laughs when I cry
Another phrase Charlie Chaplin with a tragic lyricism.
75. All I need to make humor is a park, a policeman and a beautiful woman
A gag requires a few simple ingredients.
76. I believe in the power of laughter and tears as an antidote to hatred and terror
The most basic emotions They can serve to unite the whole world.
77. The cinema is a fashion, the public prefers to see actors on a stage
A phrase of Chaplin that seen in retrospective is comical.
78. I have many problems, but my lips do not know it because I always smile
A positive attitude can make a difference.
79. That's what we are: amateurs. We do not live long enough to be something else
Rehearsing during life is not enough to master it.
80. Worry more for your conscience than for your reputation; because the first is what you are, and the second is what others think you are
What others think of you is their problem.
81. My only enemy is time
A phrase that reflects the eroding power of time .
82. You can always bend over so you do not get to pick up anything
The effort does not always have a reward
83. I am an individual and I believe in freedom; that's all the politics in me
The political ideology of this artist focused on basic and universal ideas.
84. Life is a desire, not a meaning
Charlot talks about what, for him, characterized life; the lack of meaning.
85. If people know how it is done, magic appears
A reflection on human potential.