The 60 best willpower phrases
In this compilation of sentences about will power you will find interesting reflections of authors, artists, athletes, thinkers and important historical personalities in general, such as Maya Angelou, Henry Ford or Confucius.
- Maybe you're interested: "The 55 best sentences about Psychology ... and its meaning"
60 Will strength phrases
Willpower is that impulse that leads us to face any obstacle in order to achieve a goal set . To achieve great things we have elements such as commitment, motivation and courage, and all these qualities have to do with our interpretation of reality.
We'll see now a selection of will phrases minted by celebrities known for having carried out important actions.
1. Sometimes you do not realize your own strengths until you face your greatest weakness (Susan Gale)
Knowing ourselves is important to squeeze our full potential.
2. Only those who risk going far can find how far they can get (T. S. Eliot.)
A gift to perseverance.
3. There is something like courage, only degrees of fear (John Wainwright)
Because with the absence of fear courage does not appear.
- Maybe you're interested: "The 67 best quotes of courage"
4. A boat is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for (William G.T. Shedd)
That a place gives us security does not mean that it is the right one.
5. Never say never, because limits, like fears, are often just an illusion (Michael Jordan)
We must be open to the clans that come forward.
6. The most important thing, after discipline and creativity, is to dare to dare (Maya Angelou)
An ingenious reflection on will power.
7. You were given this life, because you are strong enough to live it (Robin Sharma
... and try to be responsible for that.
8. Trust yourself. You know more than you think you know. (Dr. Benjamin Spock)
Let yourself be guided by that knowledge.
9. Successful people are afraid, successful people have doubts and successful people have concerns. They just do not allow these feelings to stop them. (T. Harv Eker)
This phrase of willpower brings us closer to the idea that nor the daily problems should confuse you .
10. The person without a purpose is like a ship without a rudder. (Thomas Carlyle)
They can be easily lost.
11. It is in ourselves that we are one way or another. Our bodies are our gardens in which our wills are their gardeners (William Shakespeare)
One of the most famous writers in history, speaking from his experience.
12. Character is the deaf and constant energy of the will (Herni Dominique Lacordairees)
One of the most poetic willpower phrases.
13. I believe that the will is the beginning. The beginning to move forward, as if you had the confidence on your part, finally she comes when you look back and see what you have achieved (Robert Downey Jr.)
It is the energy that moves us.
14. Nothing can prevent the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal, nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude (Thomas Jefferson)
About the power of motivation over our lives.
15 The moment you doubt if you can fly, you stop forever (J M. Barrie)
We can not allow ourselves to hesitate for a long time, so as not to get stuck.
16. Do not be satisfied with the stories of how things have gone to others. Write your own story
A maxim of philosophy of life, of anonymous authorship.
17. Do not wait for everything to go well. Never everything will be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles and conditions of all kinds less perfect. Start now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, each time you will be more skilled, each time you will be more sure of yourself and you will become more and more successful (Mark Victor Hansen)
High expectations can pull down wills.
18. If you hear a voice within you that says 'you can not paint', then, of course, it paints, and that voice will be silenced (Vincent Van Gogh)
Van Gogh encourages us to keep putting out those voices with the help of the passion in our work .
19. People are like colored windows. They shine and shine when the sun rises, but when darkness appears, their true beauty is revealed only if there is light inside (Elisabeth Kübler-Ross)
Beautiful thought of Kübler-Ross.
20. Low self-confidence is not a life sentence. Self-confidence can be learned, practiced and mastered, like any other skill. Once you master it, everything in your life will change for the better (Barrie Davenport)
About perseverance and discipline.
twenty-one.The obstacles are those horrible things that you see when you turn your eyes away from your objective (Henry Ford)
That's why we must stay focused.
22. I do not believe in chance or necessity; my will is my destiny (John Milton)
The will that moves us to do many things.
23. There are two ways to exert force: one is to push down, the other is to pull up (Booker T. Washington)
Two terrible actions that do not help to improve.
24. When the will is ready, the feet are light (Anonymous)
And it's easier reach our goals .
25. When someone says 'no' to me, it does not mean I can not do it, it just means that I can not do it with that person (Karen E. Quinones Miller)
Each person has its limitations.
26. I, in fact, am a king, because I know how to govern myself (Pietro Aretino)
On sovereign monarchies.
27. Do not let the mental blocks control you. Break free. Face your fear and turn mental blocks into building blocks (Roopleen)
A path for the realization of our goals.
28. Desires are like seeds; few become something if we do not water them (Michael Garofalo)
If we focus on making them come true, our dreams can materialize.
29. Along with courage, willpower is the most important thing in life (Paul Johnson)
An invitation to make brave decisions.
30. If you want to be happy you will be. It is the will that transports the mountains (Anonymous)
That force that works extraordinary things when the appropriate circumstances are given.
31. There are no secrets to success. It is the result of motivation, preparation, hard work and learning from failure (Colin Powell)
The work is arduous, the satisfaction enormous.
32. A general can be removed from his army, but not from a man's will (Confucius)
Since they stripped him of his motivation.
33. Imposing the will on others is strength. Imposing it on yourself is a superior force
A sentence of anonymous and lapidary will power.
34. The first condition for peace is the will to achieve it (Juan Luis Vives)
35. If something strong and divine is in man, it is the will (Jacinto Octavio Picón)
A reflection about the nature of willpower .
36. "The heart must give its strength, its love and its breath to those who approve the intellect, and the will must seal it with its acts (Mikhael Aivanhov)
It is a fair prize for those who strive.
37. Nothing can resist the power of the human will if we are willing to take the risk to achieve a purpose (Benjamin Disraeli)
And in that sense, everything can be achieved.
38. What you can do at any time, do it at this moment (Anonymous)
Do not postpone your activities for a long time.
39. No one has the right to possess the will of another person (Anonymous)
It is one of our most precious treasures.
40. There is no great talent without great will power (Honore de Balzac)
That which makes our talent become genius.
41. They say that I am a hero, I am weak, shy, almost insignificant, if being as I am I did what I did, imagine what all of you can do together (Mahatma Gandhi)
A reflection on the power of the collectives.
- Related article: "80 phrases of Gandhi to understand his philosophy of life"
42. Do not pray for an easy life, pray for strength to endure a difficult one (Bruce Lee)
Ask for the necessary tool for your work.
43. The will can and should be a much greater pride than talent (Anonymous)
... since it is not an easy task to do.
44. There is a motive force more powerful than steam, electricity and atomic energy: the will (Albert Einstein)
It is the one that has given rise to everything we know made by human beings.
45. Neither with the best will and the purest of intentions is it easy for men to be known; and to that comes the addition of ill will, which distorts everything (Goethe)
For Goethe, many things that exist are to complete our realization.
- Maybe you're interested: "The best 70 phrases of Goethe, father of German Romanticism"
46. Concentrate the efforts of your will on the great objective of life, which is the improvement
Nothing more valued than personal improvement.
47. Taking into account human nature, exercising power over a man's livelihood is equivalent to exercising power over his will (Alexander Hamilton)
And it would be like depriving yourself of your essence.
48. Will is what gives value to small things (Seneca)
Because they concentrate too much energy.
49. The will is the seat of power; from there the man draws strength to command, but also to obey
The will empowers the human being.
50. Each man carries within himself a different amount of will to live. The more forces, more passions, more desires, more furores to be expressed in all directions of intelligence offered to human sensibility (Roberto Arlt)
About our abilities focused on a single objective.
51. The will is not free, it is a phenomenon linked by cause and effect, but there is something behind the will that is free (Swami Vivekananda)
A phrase about free will .
52. When you are different, sometimes you do not see the millions of people who accept you for what you are. The only thing you notice is the person who does not (Jodi Picoult)
We must expand our gaze.
53. There is no weapon more deadly than the will! Not the sharpest of the swords can be compared! (Thomas Merton)
An inspiring phrase that invites you to change for the better.
54. If you plan to build walls around me, you should know this: I will examine them (Richelle E. Goodrich)
In the face of adversity, we must always look for an exit.
55. Strength does not come from the bodily capacity, but from an iron will (Mahatma Gandhi)
On concluding what started.
56. You have power over your mind, not in events. Realize this and you will find strength (Marco Aurelio)
57. Nothing is lost if you have the courage to proclaim that everything is lost and will to start over
When we recognize a fault it gives us an opening to change for the better .
58. Twice dies who dies at the will of another (Seneca)
Since you will have lost that energy that moves your life.
59. There is only one thing more perverse in the world than the desire to command, and this is the will to obey (Anonymous)
Being conquered and losing autonomy is the worst possible scenario.
60. If there is something in us truly divine, it is the will. For it we affirm the personality, we temper the character, we challenge the adversity, we rebuild the brain and we surpass ourselves (Santiago Ramón y Cajal)
All the qualities that allow us to transcend through our actions.